Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

Comments

• RhodeyWM
    RhodeyWM Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Megdar wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    *Sigh* it always, always happens during my peak gaming hours. First it was the previous iOS update, then my VIP renewal didn't go through last week and today server outage. It seems to me there have been a lot of snafus lately.

I have only one word in mind: compensation!

Serious question, will we be getting compensation for this or will it again be a shrug of the shoulders and moving on?

This issue ISN'T their fault. It's an Amazon issue. Ask Amazon for compensation.

Not my problem, I deal with D3, they deal with Amazon. They are the one that should ask Amazon for compensation and then give some to us.

If your Ford car have a seat problem, would you give a **** that Ford say: No compensation, the seat are not made by us ?!?!

New cars come with warranties. MPQ service availability doesn't. If you buy a used Ford and the seat breaks, you get no compensation. You pay to fix it.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Great, MPQ's patches are now introducing new bugs to other platforms! icon_lol.gif
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the update, Brigby.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    This issue is not limited to Amazon users as the title suggests or some members have said, this is an system wide issue regardless of OS. Pretty **** that everyone is missing out on resources from lightning rounds though icon_e_sad.gif
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Cripes, guys, it's an AWS problem. Nothing to do with D3. Demanding compensation is like asking for free movies from your cable service just because the electricity went out in your neighborhood.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/amazo ... -and-apps/

Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Sounds like the perfect time for you to update the sneak peek thread for March, Brigby!
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I stubbed my toe this morning. I demand D3 compensate me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to be clear, this is not an issue for Amazon Phone users.

This is an issue with the Amazon Web Server, which is a hosting service that the game runs on.

It has nothing specifically to do with the game itself. It is not the fault of D3/Demi. It has nothing to do with what kind of phone you are using, whether you updated the game or where you are located.

Hopefully AWS will resolve the issue soon. You can track their progress here:
    https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Increased Error Rates

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Not looking for compensation. I'm wondering if there is any plan for time missed in running boards to get progression? Sure, if this clears up soon we'll be able to still get progression, but it will take extra runs in later subs than normal. My sub ends in 2 hours and I'm normally running 2 or 3 sets in those 2 hours. That's a lot of points to make up for in the later subs.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Just to add to my comment 3 (EDIT: 12) posts up, I'm not saying that there should be no compensation because it was their network provider. The game's user base was still impacted. But it is an issue less on D3/Demiurge.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    "remediate". Apparently that's a real word.

It's interesting seeing how many people are currently on the forum. It's felt like the number of participants has been falling steadily over the last year or so.

Maybe if we're nice they'll stick around.

Welcome, one and all.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Moon Roach wrote:

Nice? On an internet forum?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Well, I guess this isn't 4-chan... icon_e_confused.gif

Edit: In all sincerity, I agree.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    "remediate". Apparently that's a real word.

It's interesting seeing how many people are currently on the forum. It's felt like the number of participants has been falling steadily over the last year or so.

Welcome, one and all.

Nothing like a server outage to bring people together!

I confess I'm guilty of being more likely to post a complaint on the forum than to offer praise. icon_redface.gif

So to mirror the spirit of your post, thanks to all the folks that post tips and share their wisdom. I'm totally hooked on this game and have learned a great deal from the folks that take the time to contribute.

Cheers!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Just to be clear, this is not an issue for Amazon Phone users.

This is an issue with the Amazon Web Server, which is a hosting service that the game runs on.

It has nothing specifically to do with the game itself. It is not the fault of D3/Demi. It has nothing to do with what kind of phone you are using, whether you updated the game or where you are located.

Hopefully AWS will resolve the issue soon. You can track their progress here:
    https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Increased Error Rates

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.

It was more than a little ironic that Amazon couldn't update their own status page - since it was stored on the servers that were out. They've gotten past that stage at least, so you can see what's still down.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I really enjoy getting a notification that time is running out to stop venom but can't log in to actually stop him lol.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    No compensation required. Junkies will be happy enough to go back to grinding nodes.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Yup hour and a half left in my sub. I might very well miss out on my final grind which might end up losing out a top 10. I know most of the other people likely to hit top ten will be in the same position but we had fallen pretty far due to early grinders.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    *Sigh* it always, always happens during my peak gaming hours. First it was the previous iOS update, then my VIP renewal didn't go through last week and today server outage. It seems to me there have been a lot of snafus lately.

Serious question, will we be getting compensation for this or will it again be a shrug of the shoulders and moving on?

This issue ISN'T their fault. It's an Amazon issue. Ask Amazon for compensation.

Actually it is their fault. They choose how and where to host the game and if they shoes poorly and the game suffers they can and should offer some compensation as many lost out on rewards.
  • Dr_Booom
    Dr_Booom Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    It's down on IOS in UK also. I thought it was update related but seems doesn't work if updated or not.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Megdar wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:

Not my problem, I deal with D3, they deal with Amazon. They are the one that should ask Amazon for compensation and then give some to us.

If your Ford car have a seat problem, would you give a **** that Ford say: No compensation, the seat are not made by us ?!?!
    Except in your analogy, the car is fine, the roads are undrivable.

It is not the road the problem, the Internet is fine, and everyone that do not use Amazon as Web Service provider are fine. The problem is the choice of Demiurge to use Amazon as their Web Service provider. Exactly like Ford having made the wrong choice of seat provider.