Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to internet message boards! Where every issue can be boiled down to a handful of people arguing about which car metaphor is the most appropriate for the situation.

I'm in the UK playing on Steam, so it's not just affecting Amazon users, that's for darn tootin'.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    *Sigh* it always, always happens during my peak gaming hours. First it was the previous iOS update, then my VIP renewal didn't go through last week and today server outage. It seems to me there have been a lot of snafus lately.

I have only one word in mind: compensation!

Serious question, will we be getting compensation for this or will it again be a shrug of the shoulders and moving on?

This issue ISN'T their fault. It's an Amazon issue. Ask Amazon for compensation.

Actually it is their fault. They choose how and where to host the game and if they shoes poorly and the game suffers they can and should offer some compensation as many lost out on rewards.

People sure have some crazy leaps of logic...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn Amazon servers. Gonna miss day one of my slice in pve and ddq now icon_e_sad.gif
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    but what am I supposed to do at work tonight? surely not my job...

Missed progression & expired covers: d3 be like:
    i-dont-care-its-not-my-fault-thumb.jpg
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the UK playing on Steam, so it's not just affecting Amazon users, that's for darn tootin'.

Amazon Web Services, not Amazon users...

AWS is a cloud services provider. MPQs servers must be hosted in this cloud. All users that use the server (aka everyone) is effected.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Cripes, guys, it's an AWS problem. Nothing to do with D3. Demanding compensation is like asking for free movies from your cable service just because the electricity went out in your neighborhood.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/amazo ... -and-apps/

Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

It is not my Internet provider the problem, or my Electricity provider. The problem is D3 using Amazon. Yes I can ask compensation when D3 provider fail. No one have the obligation to use Amazon. This is not a random poor thing happening to D3, they made a choice. If there is an Electricity shortage in D3 city and they can't provide service for the game anymore I will ask for compensation. Same thing here. This is not my stuff failing, this is their stuff.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:
    Exactly like Ford having made the wrong choice of seat provider.
    Really wish you had picked tires for your analogy instead of seats...
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    All I ask is a rerun of events that we would have missed, I'm primarily thinking of DDQ, missing a large chunk of rewards due to the outage.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    broll wrote:
    Amazon Web Services, not Amazon users...

AWS is a cloud services provider. MPQs servers must be hosted in this cloud. All users that use the server (aka everyone) is effected.

tumblr_n3rw2ra1Hc1r100poo8_250.gif
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Some of the stuff in this thread is quite frankly laughable. The obsession with rounding on D3 at every opportunity, people need to get a grip. Seriously.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Megdar wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    *Sigh* it always, always happens during my peak gaming hours. First it was the previous iOS update, then my VIP renewal didn't go through last week and today server outage. It seems to me there have been a lot of snafus lately.

I have only one word in mind: compensation!

Serious question, will we be getting compensation for this or will it again be a shrug of the shoulders and moving on?

This issue ISN'T their fault. It's an Amazon issue. Ask Amazon for compensation.

Not my problem, I deal with D3, they deal with Amazon. They are the one that should ask Amazon for compensation and then give some to us.

If your Ford car have a seat problem, would you give a **** that Ford say: No compensation, the seat are not made by us ?!?!
    Except in your analogy, the car is fine, the roads are undrivable.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I stubbed my toe this morning. I demand D3 compensate me.

I've neglected my wife and children for the past 3 years because of this game, I demand compensation too.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Some of the stuff in this thread is quite frankly laughable. The obsession with rounding on D3 at every opportunity, people need to get a grip. Seriously.

eeeehhhhhh I can kiiiiinda see where they're coming from.
    I mean, if you're all set for a great final placement reward from PvE but you miss out on a ton of points because of an outage, you'd wanna get something out of that surely?

Just because it's not D3 or Demiurge's fault doesn't mean they can't say "You had a **** time of things, here's a thing to make it better."
    I mean, as a kid if you fell over and skinned your knee, it would be a mean mom to say "Pffth, not my fault you fell over" rather than coming over to help and, I dunno...maybe buying you a lollipop to make you feel better?

I like cherry flavour, Demiurge, that's all I'm saying.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I can see why people jump to compensation I'd respectfully disagree.

Many things in the past have been d3 fault but I don't see the fault as theirs here. However though I would wager money that d3 will seek compensation from Amazon for loss of earnings due to the outage and so i don't think it would be unreasonable for those things to trickl3 down to the customers.

Ultimately though I don't think d3 owe us anything. They are not at fault and I believe if you are affected negatively then you should speak to those who created the problem.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Your game has been down for a while now and as a direct result of that my house is looking pretty clean.

Unfortunately, the game is STILL down. Are you seriously going to make me go outside and interact with other humans in PERSON because of this?
    I think we can all agree that would be a catastrophe.

Bring back MPQ so I may remain in complete isolation from the world.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    On. Serious note, I think it's all become clear who is responsible for the great ISO shortage. It wasn't d3/demiurge after all.

It was Amazon. Every time more ISO was to come flooding in, I bet it corresponded with an "increased error rate."

Same holds true for 5* pull odds. Those darn error rates again.

We all owe d3/Demi an apology.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:

I've neglected my wife and children for the past 3 years because of this game, I demand compensation too.

Shouldn't they get the compensation instead?
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    No go on iPad, iPhone or Android.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had the most boring lunch break that ended up with me getting more food.. MPQ is causing me to gain weight.. give us compensation. icon_lol.gif
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    bbigler wrote:

You need to fill out a "ComeServiceMyWife Request" form. Can't help you with the kids, though. Terms of Service and all. Sorry.