Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:
    So I just played the newly updated DDQ. For the most part, I wouldn't necessarily say it is an improvement. Especially with the new Behemoth Burrito. You MUST have all three "required" characters. Personally, I think that is tinykitty! In the second node, you can choose any 2* characters but in this new one, it is not an option. That means in order to complete this section every day, I will have to roster all those 2* characters that I don't want (Moonstone, Daken, Bullseye, Human Torch). But then again, maybe it's not worth the 4000 HP I will need to do so. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Request for clarification:

I understand that you can only field a specific team (i.e. i specific 4*, 1 specific 3*, and a specific 2*). But what i want to know is if you can still play the match 2-against-3 if, for example, you have the required 2* and 3*, but not the 4*?

No my friend. You need ALL the required to play the node in the same way if you are missing the one required character for Dat Required Character you cannot play it.

As for people complaining they are being forced to roster people, you are not. I don't roster everyone. In particular XFW and a couple of 3s. Guess what happens when XFW crash rolls around? I don't cry and moan about being forced to use him, I accept that I chose not to roster him and let it go. At any point If I want to participate in that crash I can just roster him for 1 day and then sell him - Which incidentally is what I do for Dat required character most of the time.

I don't roster everyone either, but it'd be a net gain for all players. As for randomly rostering a 4 star on demand.
    Well grats to you, because I've barely been able to fully cover my XFW, let alone snap my fingers and make him appear.

Side note, What people here in general seem to need to understand when having a discussion with others and when giving feedback in a group setting, you don't use language that demeans others views and opinions in an attempt to make your point seem stronger. It actually WEAKENS your argument.

it comes off as really pompous and self important and seems to be the lay of the land here. It's really weird for people that I can usually clearly see from descriptions are older and should be more understanding of this concept than others.

Whining could have easily been criticism from their perspective, and just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't make it whining.

Fair point about my comment regarding moaning, it wasn't intended to demean anybody or weaken their argument. When I refer to moaning and whining I refer to people that make statements such as "This is awful.." "I hate this..." As that is not feedback - it is complaints. The people that state why it's bad I don't class as moaners even better if they state how it could be better. Criticism helps nobody unless it's constructive. Are they entitled to criticise? Sure everyone is, but if you want people to follow you opinion and attempt to enact change then don't just criticise constructively criticise.

I also made no mention of being able to conjure up covers at will. Perhaps I didn't illustrate it well enough but what I was actually stating was that I don't sell covers until they have 1 hour left until they expire - that way should I need them for an event I can quickly roster and use them. If I happen to not have that cover in my queue I just accept my progress in said event will be limited. It's not the devs fault if a player chooses to not roster someone - that is a player choice and which they can only criticise themselves for.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    I initially read this as the crash was going to be every single day and I got crazy excited. So I'm feeling a little meh.

What's the point of having the crash open the whole time...I bet 95% of the player base that can beat it will beat it on the first day...

I suppose it helps the casual people who don't play the daily every day. It isn't that it is a bad change, but I agree, it is a far cry from the change people had hoped for of a daily crash.
    It also would have helped me back in the first 6 months of Crash when some of the fights were harder and we didn't have Command Points to help with 4* transition. A few of those fights really came down to available level and burning through boosts, and having 4 extra days to regain health packs or boosts would have been great.

I imagine there are players who aren't as far along with their 4* transition who would be in this boat too.

Or a few more days of ISO allows you to level it up enough to beat it. I was just really hoping for a Thanos type situation is all.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Excellent changes overall. I can see how the Burrito mission will be annoying for people who don't have all characters, but missing 2 CP here and there isn't the end of the world, and it's something nice to strive for if it's something you care about.

If all Burrito teams are about the same as today's, it'll be easy enough even with one (or maybe even two?) characters with very little progress.

Also, I beat the CoT today with a lvl 99 3/0/3 Deadpool o.O

Booooo!

This is a harsh reality for newer players. Even more roster pressure.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cleared all but the Crash today because I'm sure that I'll need to beat it in the next couple of days to get that extra taco because I don't have everyone rostered (predominately the 2/4*, I have all 3s). I won't be able to do that next time, most likely, as I barely have any use able 4s to beat Crash in the first place.

As a 3 -> 4 transitioner, I'm disappointed. These changes seem to have sped up an already quick 1 -> 3 transition (given how nonexistent the 1* tier is) with the inclusion of an elite token and an extra taco (which offer limited value to a non-hoarder). The 2CP "daily" won't really help when I can't do it, and having the Crash cover for it won't help as I don't get the CP. It certainly won't net everyone an extra 4* every week and a half, because of the ever growing pool of 4* s and the mandatory 2* requirement. Rosters will need to be larger and there is no HP relief to handle this.

If I had to suggest changes these are the ones I would suggest from "most radical" to "somewhat sensible". These are not cumulative changes, each one would stand alone:

- Daily Crash with Legendary Token

Most ridiculous idea based solely one 5* chance.

Or...

- Reward a specific 4* for TBB, a cover of the 4* needed for the event.

4*s outnumber 3* at the moment. Given the nature of RNG, there is literally no way we could catch up to current release rates by getting a 4* cover. ISO costs notwithstanding.

Or...

- Increase the amount of CP that TBB gives to 5 CP.

This effectively gives us 2 legendary pulls a week, while still allowing some flexibility to spend how we saw fit.

Or...

- at the very least, swap the 3rd taco and CP reward spots.

This allows the Crash to a least be a potential "freebie" if you can't cover TBB but can actually complete the crash. Granted a taco has a 1:100 chance of getting you a 4* (via cover or Leg.), but 2CP can get you a bit closer faster.

I still feel like these changes are lackluster and don't really serve anyone's best interests. Do I have more than I did yesterday? Yes, but not always. I still won't be able to complete more than 5 crashes per cycle (if I'm lucky), and I won't be able to get the 2CP reward every day (or most days). Personally, I'd prefer things went back to the way they were. I'd prefer to have honest hope of change, than to have false hope dangled in front of me, just beyond my reach.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Excellent changes overall. I can see how the Burrito mission will be annoying for people who don't have all characters, but missing 2 CP here and there isn't the end of the world, and it's something nice to strive for if it's something you care about.

If all Burrito teams are about the same as today's, it'll be easy enough even with one (or maybe even two?) characters with very little progress.

Booooo!

I don't see how its any different than DDQ was when I started and had maybe 15 3*s rostered. It was simply a reality that I would not be able to get all the rewards on some (nay, most) days.

What it does mean, as a new player, is that selling 2*s to make room for 3*s won't be as compelling an option. That's an issue with roster slot cost/availability vs game depth which I can't imagine was ever intended to be resolved here.

They did add some extra tokens and ISO for progression rewards even if you can't finish all the nodes every day so new players still have more than they had previously. And the shortened Big Enchilada should definitely help 2*-3* transitioners who were having endurance issues with 4 waves.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RoboDuck wrote:
    Cleared it this morning. My initial thoughts:

Good:
    Additional progression rewards.

Daily CP in DDQ is nice.

Bad:
    Having a node with 3 required characters. You should be able to attempt the node shorthanded. Otherwise, that daily CP, is not daily at all.

Crash still only once every 5 days. A big missed opportunity to help the 4* transitioner. Plus it means top progression is only available once a week, so most those additional progression rewards mean nothing

Summary:
    Nice try, but a failure. This fixes pretty much nothing that a revamped DDQ should have accomplished.

My understanding is that IF you complete the CoT you get top progression immediately, even if you didn't clear the other nodes.

HOWEVER, you can still get full progression WITHOUT CoT, just by completing the other nodes.

But... I do have a question because I went through the whole thing quite fast.
    Does BB add points to progression? If yes, we can just wait for the BB we are lacking characters for to do the CoT so we get full progression rewards. Yeah?
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Booooo!

At the end of the day, this is still a freemium game. The devs still need people to spend money, but this method of encouraging players into spending money to buy HP to get roster slots to have every character is as subtle as it gets. I prefer this gentle nudge. I've played games with worse ways of stressing you to pay up.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welp, extra 1k ISO, 2 CP, and three assorted tokens added per day, with a shortened Enchilada and an extra node with mixed-up teams? I'm liking it so far. Start making those Crash matches more frequent than every 5 days and we'll really be in business.
  • OneLastGambit
    Options
    Ryudoz wrote:
    Cleared all but the Crash today because I'm sure that I'll need to beat it in the next couple of days to get that extra taco because I don't have everyone rostered (predominately the 2/4*, I have all 3s). I won't be able to do that next time, most likely, as I barely have any use able 4s to beat Crash in the first place.

Excellent idea. save your crash for the day when you don't have all required characters.
  • OneLastGambit
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    Welp, extra 1k ISO, 2 CP, and three assorted tokens added per day, with a shortened Enchilada and an extra node with mixed-up teams? I'm liking it so far. Start making those Crash matches more frequent than every 5 days and we'll really be in business.

I think if they did that they would definitely remove the token. No way you'll be getting 5 tokens a week. I did suggest giving an iso reward instead of the token after that first time of completion though...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,574 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the new changes. More daily rewards will always get a THANK YOU from this player.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was the final step that pushed me into having a 2-star farm. It was a lot of HP and iso to swallow but I'm sure I'll be better off for it. 2CP more a day is a big improvement, the other additional tokens and iso are just icing.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed that you need all 3 required characters to complete that last node. I think that's a little harsh, even though I have all of the 2*/3*/4*s in the game.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was the final step that pushed me into having a 2-star farm. It was a lot of HP and iso to swallow but I'm sure I'll be better off for it. 2CP more a day is a big improvement, the other additional tokens and iso are just icing.

With your roster, you absolutely should have all of the 2*s rostered. Yes, it will take a ton of ISO to get started, but the HP/CP rewards are totally worth it.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Definitely appreciate the updates to DDQ, thanks devs!

We will always be asking for more, but I think the changes are positive. This game (and most games like it) intend/design/hope for us to build the largest rosters possible. No surprise there, and it gives players 'incentive' to gain/retain characters that are needed for essentials. This game has to make some $$ to stick around.
    Hey, at least they're putting out a long list of upcoming characters so people have a decent amount of time to make future roster decisions (if you're online anyway). They could have been: Nope, it's going to be a surprise who is required each day...

On 2* farming, as others have mentioned the safest way is to not sell a max-champ until you have more covers to replace them. Try not to spend ISO on leveling up 3* and 4* characters too early (not easy, I know) which may force you to sell someone right before you need them. Those of you who do not farm, I understand, but I strongly believe the champ level CP/HP/XP etc help to progress other areas of your roster faster than just selling covers for ISO directly.

It appears the BBurrito will be winnable even with a baby 2* a well leveled 3*, and a low level 4*.

Quick note on the new TBE, and Thanos' Court Death. It works exceptionally well on 3+ enemy nodes. Once you down an opponent, it hits 3 enemies as opposed to just 2 in a 'normal' match. It's so unfair I may just personally exclude him from my TBE list, ha.

And for anyone saying that 2 CP a day will not change much for them - I will gladly take them off your hands!
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion wrote:

With your roster, you absolutely should have all of the 2*s rostered. Yes, it will take a ton of ISO to get started, but the HP/CP rewards are totally worth it.

You're absolutely right. I've always resisted it since I just didn't want to bite the bullet on the initial cost (it'd take around 570K iso and 8K HP) but the new required node makes this an easy decision. No more rotating 2-stars based on PvE essentials, but luckily I don't think I'll mind getting 2-stars in tokens as much anymore.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad they updated DDQ, it was long overdue for an overhaul, but I think they fell short.

The people that are happy with this change; I don't mean to take away from what you feel is an improvement. But for some of us vets (day 1156 myself for context), the implementation of DDQ was AMAZING!

Check the post from when they added it:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23713

Before intercepts, before champing, before cp, before guaranteed reward order on pve nodes, etc.

Back then, the only way to get 3* covers were placing well in PvE or PvP, which was basically similar to how it is today(the rewards may be better, but the competition is the same). Or you could get them through the luck of RNG, and I think we all know how that works out the majority of the time.

Another thing DDQ addressed was the always present ISO drought. Because the node rewards in PvE were random, and there were 7 of them, if you did your clears, it was not a lot of guaranteed ISO. Imagine doing pve and after the first clear of all the nodes, you just got the boosts. That's what it felt like.

I don't have the time or energy to look at what the normal daily iso intake back then was, but I personally remember that an extra 5k per day was a very big deal, not to mention the additional covers for your less covered 3". That helped influence everyone to roster even the sub-par ones, because it meant you would get that extra 2k iso that day. Now, if you don't have a specific 2* or 4*, you miss out on a taco token and 2cp. Not really an incentive IMO.

The clash really should be daily at this point, just look and compare the numbers from two years ago to now, but I can live without that. What really let me down was the lack of extra iso. Again, I don't know what a comparable boost would have been, but maybe at least up to a possible 10k per day, maybe more?
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Regardless of some of the vitriol being thrown around in this thread I want to throw my chip into the "Good job!" crowd.

The new node allows me to use characters I barely get a chance to as they're too weak in PvE/PvP but even at lvl 70 can be pretty decent in this fight with a champed 3* to support them it will be a breeze. The extra Elite token a day feeds the 2* farm or 3* champ rewards which I won't complain about and the extra 10 CP every cycle is essentially another PvP event where I hit 575. The extra 1000 iso a day is also a nice added benefit along with whatever else I may get from an extra taco a day.

Is it an additional trickle of resources? Yes, it is. But it's also one of several that have significantly added up over the last 6 months or so and I'll gladly take all of it.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, I have a question on the third taco token.

If I understand correctly, we should be getting a taco from the Under the Sea, a second one from Dat Required Character and a third from progression (22000 points, obtainable by completing everything except for Crash of the Titans, or alternately by completing Crash of the Titans itself). I have all three checked yet only received two taco tokens.

Am I understanding correctly and if I am, did anyone else miss out on the third token?
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think these are great changes. I remember when I barely had any 3*s on my team and it was exciting to have the right one to be able to get an extra cover. The Behemoth Burrito node brings that excitement back and encourages me to roster folks. I like it.

Those who are constantly complaining may want to check their expectations. Happiness is a choice, not the responsibility of Demi.