Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think these changes are all positive. Do they address other issues? Nope but that doesn't matter these are all improvements to the current format so I think to criticise it is a little unfair.

Negative changes can and should be subject to constructive criticism but positive ones should be met with positivity.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    revskip wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Great stuff.
    • 2 CP for one fight is great; here's hoping you can field a team of only two for it. (Bonus points if they designed missions instead of being completely random, which would explain the required character discrepancies.) We'll find out tomorrow.
    • 200 days to hoard 300 tacos is great.
    • A persistent Crash node is great. Don't have to worry if I can't log in for a day.
    • Same stuff for less work, plus more stuff for a little more work? Great.

Everyone who is disappointed because they feel entitled to more more more, just keep suggesting stuff in the proper forum. No reason to look this gift horse in the mouth.

Pretty much this. I'll take an extra three classics a month, an extra 30 tacos a month (except in Feb. and 31 some months) and more opportunities to beat the crash each week without feeling obligated to use healthpacks on one specific day of the week.

I'm sure the entitled crowd will have a litany of reasons why this isn't enough and claim that they'll be quitting over this latest injustice but really overall positive changes.

Oh plz, stop it.

I find those type of people to be insufferable as well, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I realized that these changes don't include any increase in the amount of iso rewarded (besides whatever iso the extra taco tokens might reward).

To be fair, we don't KNOW that there's no increase in ISO. We know that there will be progression rewards beyond the 2000 ISO. We won't know for another two hours what those are, however!
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Good additions imo.
    More stuff is always good, and the Behemoth's Burrito makes sense to me. They want you to roster every character, so this is a good way to stimulate that.
    And I assume that node will net us an extra 10XP every day too.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    To be fair, we don't KNOW that there's no increase in ISO. We know that there will be progression rewards beyond the 2000 ISO. We won't know for another two hours what those are, however!
    It's an extra Taco and two CP.
    Why would you assume that there's more than that?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Well they explicitly mention more progression rewards, I don't expect anything big, but maybe there is a 500 or 1000 iso in there too. That also means 10Xp more and one chance more at intercepts.

This in my book are good news, it is true I was hoping for a 4 reward every day, but a bit more of everything is still good news (maybe not great news). I still think DDQ is probably the best single addition this game has ever had (even better than timezones, champions and SR), the only true timeless mode, so anything that makes it better is good news. I think almost everybody loves Combined Arms (at least everybody who has some champed 4s), so this new node can be quite fun.

Maybe if instead of 2CP it was 5 CPs everybody would be happy.... (This would actually mean a new 4 every cycle, which is not that much). I think Devs might update this in the near future (yeah I know I am a Dreamer icon_e_wink.gif )
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice, but kinda underwhelming, especially since we have plenty of BIG issues that just get ignored for months (and years).
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Brigby explicitly said that more progression rewards are being added to DDQ.

Currently, the progression reward is singular: 2000 ISO for reaching 15000 points in DDQ.

I'm not saying it's going to be an embarrassment of ISO riches; I AM saying that the extra taco and two CP are node rewards, not progression rewards.

Which means, with 2000 ISO being the top reward, there's room for smaller ISO rewards leading up to max progression. Or, possibly, a standard and/or elite token, which are fundamentally comparable to smaller ISO rewards.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turbomoose wrote:
    I assume this will slow down the farming of 2* characters if we need them for ddq

Impressed with a new change and I guess that with a few tweaks the req characters list will eventually rotate all the characters

Just means you need to adjust the way that you farm them, personally I do not sell the first one until I have enough covers to champ the new one.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    turbomoose wrote:
    I assume this will slow down the farming of 2* characters if we need them for ddq

Impressed with a new change and I guess that with a few tweaks the req characters list will eventually rotate all the characters

Just means you need to adjust the way that you farm them, personally I do not sell the first one until I have enough covers to champ the new one.

Exactly what I do. Farming can still exist even with this change.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The new rewards are out:

1861: token_standard.png
    3975: 1.000 iso8.png
    7312: Elite token
    14000: 2.000 iso8.png
    22000: token_taco.png
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

And we now have the progression.

Standard/1k ISO/elite/2k ISO/taco.

So, yes, more ISO and the two token types I specifically mentioned. Weird that the extra taco is listed here, though. Unless there will be four total per day?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

So, yes, more ISO and the two token types I specifically mentioned. Weird that the extra taco is listed here, though. Unless there will be four total per day?

Don't see why it's weird: the third taco is a progression reward, you can only get it if you either beat the CoTT or all the other nodes.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Alfje17 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Don't see why it's weird: the third taco is a progression reward, you can only get it if you either beat the CoTT or all the other nodes.

You're right. I misread "up to and including" to mean that 2k was still the top prize. The taco is now the top prize, if you beat the 4*.

Did anybody else have trouble targeting characters in the Big Enchilada? I couldn't get, for example, Sentry or Black Panther to come to the front, though they were still taking damage. I kept getting the stat preview thingie when I tried to click them to bring them to the front. It didn't cause any difficulty in completing the mission, but that still seems like either my laptop on the fritz, or a bug.
  • Crowl
    Options
    While I may end up slightly missing the old style BE fight, this is clearly a positive change overall with the 2/3/4 fight being against another 2/3/4 side that is not highly levelled so it is clearly intended to be completed by everyone who has all the characters rather than needing x amount of covers like the LT fight.
  • Crowl
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Did anybody else have trouble targeting characters in the Big Enchilada? I couldn't get, for example, Sentry or Black Panther to come to the front, though they were still taking damage. I kept getting the stat preview thingie when I tried to click them to bring them to the front. It didn't cause any difficulty in completing the mission, but that still seems like either my laptop on the fritz, or a bug.

I got the same bug, Sentry appeared to be at the front for much of the fight, albeit slightly out of the correct position and I couldn't select those behind him either, I fixed the issue by clicking on him which moved him to the regular front position.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a strange thing. Not exactly the change people were hoping for (ie guaranteed 4*) but a positive change nonetheless.

Here's to hoping for more to come
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vs old DDQ you get...
    +1 standard token
    +1 elite token
    +1000 isolated
    +1 taco token
    All in progression... which you can get you doing all the daily nodes

+2 CP from new 2/3/4 match

And the new fixed character node is against a similar 2/3/4 team levelled to about 90...

Thing, Moonstone and Iron man mk40 for me.

And hey, Beast Bullseye and Falcaptain have enough synergy that it's a fun fight even if underdeveloped... but it will be a breeze with a maxed roster.... so interesting to see how this carries on

All in all a good effort... sure no daily 4* cover but decent reward increase for reasonable efforts.

And completing the clash gets you all progression icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like this change so far, thanks!

As the Crash of the Titans is now available for 5 days, this could be nice to have a specific countdown to remind us the time left to complete this node. This feature isn't probably essential but would still be greatly appreciated! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A very nice update indeed icon_e_smile.gif

More tokens, more Iso-8, more battles to fight. Win-Win-Win. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, I stand corrected.

Kudos all around, more is always better.