Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty hyped for this. I had my fingers crossed for a daily Crash of the Titans, but admittedly that might have been asking much.

Anyway, extra token and 2 CP a day is definitely great, plus more chances for S.H.I.E.L.D Intercepts!
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    I assume this will slow down the farming of 2* characters if we need them for ddq

Impressed with a new change and I guess that with a few tweaks the req characters list will eventually rotate all the characters
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    A daily crash would not have been too much to ask.

Some sort of hint as to who we'd be facing in the 2/3/4 match would not have been too much to ask.

Are the 2/3/4s going to be boosted in any way would have been good information.

Phrasing "a chance to win 2 cp" implies that it is not guaranteed.

Dropping the info bomb before leaving for the day... Classic....
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    A daily crash would not have been too much to ask.

Some sort of hint as to who we'd be facing in the 2/3/4 match would not have been too much to ask.

Are the 2/3/4s going to be boosted in any way would have been good information.

Phrasing "a chance to win 2 cp" implies that it is not guaranteed.

Dropping the info bomb before leaving for the day... Classic....

Also 2cp is a pretty meaningless reward in the long run. I'm a fan of the gameplay change, its a fun idea... But the rewards are not keeping up with what we need in the game. A LT every 10 days? Whoopee
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad I don't farm, got all the twos max-champed and ready to go.

2CP? Sounds good - that'll add up nicely. 3 pulls more a month from classic legendaries than I had before.

Also like that Crash will last more than a day.

Not big on developers choosing my fighters, I usually like a bit of choice, but I'm willing to give it a go and see how it plays out.

All in all... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    OCR of the table text if someone wants to bother formatting it (can't post html or bbcode tables as a regular user):

4-Star 3-Star 2-Star
    Venom (Agent Venom) Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    X-23 (All-New Wolverine) Daken (Classic) Black Widow (Original)
    Iceman (All-New X-Men) Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Sam Wilson (Captain America) Beast (Classic) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Peggy Carter (Captain America) Thor (Modem) Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    Professor X (Charles Xavier) Blade (Daywalker) Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Cyclops (Classic) Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    The Thing (Classic) Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) Black Widow (Original)
    Invisible Woman (Classic) Wolverine (Patch) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Carnage (Cletus Kasady) Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) Daken (Dark Avengers)
    Quake (Daisy Johnson) Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Drax (The Destroyer) Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) Hawkeye (Modem)
    Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Loki (Dark Reign) Hawkeye (Modern)
    Venom (Eddie Brock) Bullseye (Classic) Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    Thor (Goddess Of Thunder) Iron Man (Model 40) Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) Spider-Man (Classic) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) The Punisher (Dark Reign) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Doctor Doom (Classic) Ares (Dark Avengers)
    Medusa (Inhuman Queen) Wolverine (Patch) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    War Machine (James Rhodes) The Hulk (Indestructible) Hawkeye (Modem)
    Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) Sam Wilson (Falcon) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) Mystique (Raven Darkholme) Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) Black Panther (T'Challa) Black Widow (Original)
    Star-しord (Legendary Outlaw) Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) Hawkeye (Modem)
    Moon Knight (Marc Spector) Thanos (Modem) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    The Punisher (MAX) Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) Daken (Dark Avengers)
    Blade (Modem) Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) Daken (Dark Avengers)
    Luke Cage (Power Man) Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Nova (Sam Alexander) The Hood (Classic) Black Widow (Original)
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang) Captain Marvel (Modern) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Miles Morales (Spider-Man) Thor (Modem) Daken (Dark Avengers)
    Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    The Hulk (Totally Awesome) Magneto (Classic) Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) Colossus (Classic) Storm (Classic)
    Elektra (Unkillable) Wolverine (Patch) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    Wolverine (X-Force) Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) Human Torch (Johnny Storm)[/code]
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Great stuff.
    • 2 CP for one fight is great; here's hoping you can field a team of only two for it. (Bonus points if they designed missions instead of being completely random, which would explain the required character discrepancies.) We'll find out tomorrow.
    • 200 days to hoard 300 tacos is great.
    • A persistent Crash node is great. Don't have to worry if I can't log in for a day.
    • Same stuff for less work, plus more stuff for a little more work? Great.

Everyone who is disappointed because they feel entitled to more more more, just keep suggesting stuff in the proper forum. No reason to look this gift horse in the mouth.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Great stuff.
    2 CP for one fight is great; here's hoping you can field a team of only two for it.

Seeing as its a required character node, I would assume that it's like every other required character node, where if you don't have the required characters, you cannot play it. But yes, we shall see tomorrow.

I'm missing quite a few 2s, so it'll be a while before I can do it every day.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    mega ghost wrote:
    Furthermore, will the 2,000 ISO bonus now only be available upon completion of all non-CoT nodes?
    Every day, completing all 1-Star, 2-Star and 3-Star missions will give you all progression rewards up to and including the 2,000 Iso-8 reward.

So you'll get the 2,000 ISO bonus on the same time as we do now. When you clear those five nodes.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It looks like the required characters don't come up evenly because the matches are hand-picked to be interesting.

In particular, the 4's are almost always paired with a synergistic 3, and the 2-star fills color coverage or else, e.g. Daken is chosen when one of the higher tiers can benefit from his special tile generation. Almost every combo of the 2- and 3-stars has good color coverage (if not synergy); Based on that it looks to me you won't need all 3 characters to attempt it (easily proven wrong tomorrow), but maybe it's just a safety net for players with only 1-2 covers for the required 4.

If we're lucky the opposing team/scenario in each mission will also be thoughtfully designed as well.

Some highlights from Realcrap's OCR post:
    Professor X (Charles Xavier) Blade (Daywalker) Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    DoT FTW

Carnage (Cletus Kasady) Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) Daken (Dark Avengers)
    Carnage/Ock with Daken for cheap specials/triggers

Drax (The Destroyer) Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) Hawkeye (Modem)
    Tons of CDs for Drax to eat

Medusa (Inhuman Queen) Wolverine (Patch) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Medusa showcase

Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) Sam Wilson (Falcon) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    3k Protect into 3k Strike

Elektra (Unkillable) Wolverine (Patch) Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    Above and below synergy w/Patch

Wolverine (X-Force) Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Surgical kaboom kaboom kaboom--I sincerely hope it's one wave of 8 doombots
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    In response to erikpeter's post.

These may have been hand picked, but i'm not convinced that they were all picked very well.

Take medusa/patch/2be. Any blue that medusa generates is wasted. 2* daken would probably have been a better match. And quake + rags + 2be? Not sure there is much synergy there. Rags can make green charged tiles for quake, but only at the cost of her blue.

But at least there are clear signs of a thought process behind the teams (e.g. WM paired with hulk for boardshake, though mnmags would be a better 3rd wheel than 2* hawkeye).

And carol wasnt on the list. Were any other 4*s missing? Riri?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Great stuff.
    • 2 CP for one fight is great; here's hoping you can field a team of only two for it. (Bonus points if they designed missions instead of being completely random, which would explain the required character discrepancies.) We'll find out tomorrow.
    • A persistent Crash node is great. Don't have to worry if I can't log in for a day.

Everyone who is disappointed because they feel entitled to more more more, just keep suggesting stuff in the proper forum. No reason to look this gift horse in the mouth.

Pretty much this. I'll take an extra three classics a month, an extra 30 tacos a month (except in Feb. and 31 some months) and more opportunities to beat the crash each week without feeling obligated to use healthpacks on one specific day of the week.

I'm sure the entitled crowd will have a litany of reasons why this isn't enough and claim that they'll be quitting over this latest injustice but really overall positive changes.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    I like these changes - thank you dev's!!!

Now I feel like a child the night before christmas...
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Am I the only one disappointed TBE is getting changed to a single wave? Some teams only have a chance to shine after building up for a couple waves. TBE is honestly the most fun I have in MPQ most days. I'll be sad to see it neutered.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have thoughts!

1) The Crash being available all 5 days of a cycle is a positive change. I don't know that it's an impactful one, in that whatever growth was going to happen for a character between days 1 and 5 of a cycle was likely going to happen in the first place. So any "sweet, I'll have a better chance to complete this!" feelings are probably illusory. But, y'know, there's always the chance that someone might have been disconnected on day 5 of the cycle, but available for days 1-4. So more flexibility is a plus there, even if it's only necessary in a small minority of circumstances.

2) An extra taco per day, potentially, is a win, whether for hoarders or folks with no sense of delayed gratification.

3) Remember when CP were first a thing, and DDQ gave 1/day for completing all nodes? And we all agreed that, yeah, that would be awesome if that were a permanent thing in DDQ? Okay, it took a while, but now it IS a permanent thing...and it's not 1 CP/day, but 2. That's an extra LT every ten days for doing more or less the same work you've been doing up to this point.

4) the combination of the reduced 2* drop rate in lightning rounds and 2* essentials spreading from PVE to DDQ is probably going to put a serious crimp in 2* farming, yeah. What I'm considering with recycling is hit 144, then wait until I pull another cover of that character. Then collect as many more as I can over the next two weeks. When that first cover is ready to expire, sell the maxchamp and roster however many covers I've gotten at that point, since I don't have the resources to add another dozen or so roster spots for my 2* farm. Depends on how tough the 2/3/4 mission is; will it be like PVE where the 3/4 can carry a low-cover/low-level 2? We'll see, I guess.

5) More progression rewards? 2000 ISO remains the top progression, so I don't expect the others to be worldshaking, but it's still MOAR STUFF. Maybe Elite tokens will be in the progression somewhere? I could dig that. Hell, even if all of the sub-2000 rewards are "only" ISO, that's still a net increase in daily ISO flow.

6) With the increase in daily taco tokens, I wonder if the size/composition of the vault will change.

7) If the 4* essential is following the same schedule as the Crash (that is, the same required 4* shows up in the same order as Crash characters), yes, we'll see characters not listed eventually. It's just we don't know who their required partners will be. Yet.
  • revskip
    Am I the only one disappointed TBE is getting changed to a single wave? Some teams only have a chance to shine after building up for a couple waves. TBE is honestly the most fun I have in MPQ most days. I'll be sad to see it neutered.

It's definitely a bummer for 3Bullseye who I use often to clear it. Those four waves of 3 mean by the end the board is awash in strike tiles. Still eliminating 4 goons/characters should make it a bit quicker. Which helps the newer players, I remember when I would really start to sweat things out in 2* land around the 3rd wave if the board didn't play out right.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

Six opponents, though. Think of it as still, say, two waves. It's just that because there's always a new character rotating in when the previous one is killed, it doesn't matter anymore whether you kill an opponent with match damage or abilities, where before, you had to be sure to finish a round with an ability to make sure POWERSPAM 9000 didn't happen to you the very next move.

I mean, I guess you'll still have to be wary of the next character tagging in being a mover who can do that, at least for the first three deaths, but there won't be as much AP buildup for POWERSPAM 9000, either.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:

Six opponents, though. Think of it as still, say, two waves. It's just that because there's always a new character rotating in when the previous one is killed, it doesn't matter anymore whether you kill an opponent with match damage or abilities, where before, you had to be sure to finish a round with an ability to make sure POWERSPAM 9000 didn't happen to you the very next move.

I mean, I guess you'll still have to be wary of the next character tagging in being a mover who can do that, at least for the first three deaths, but there won't be as much AP buildup for POWERSPAM 9000, either.

That wasn't really a problem to be honest. My roster is developed enough that TBE didn't represent an actual threat. I'm talking purely about the fun that a longer match allowed. For instance one of the teams I like is LThor, Daken and Falcon. It's perfectly capable of beating a single wave of 6 but against 12 opponents there's time to not only generate strike tiles but boost them to ridiculous levels. It's the kind of fun that shorter matches just don't allow and wave nodes are in short supply as it is.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    revskip wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Great stuff.

Pretty much this. I'll take an extra three classics a month, an extra 30 tacos a month (except in Feb. and 31 some months) and more opportunities to beat the crash each week without feeling obligated to use healthpacks on one specific day of the week.

I'm sure the entitled crowd will have a litany of reasons why this isn't enough and claim that they'll be quitting over this latest injustice but really overall positive changes.

Oh plz, stop it.

I find those type of people to be insufferable as well, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I realized that these changes don't include any increase in the amount of iso rewarded (besides whatever iso the extra taco tokens might reward).
  • revskip
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Oh plz, stop it.

I find those type of people to be insufferable as well, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I realized that these changes don't include any increase in the amount of iso rewarded (besides whatever iso the extra taco tokens might reward).

Trust me I'd love more ISO. But that has been a thing that has actually been addressed (although not to the level most would like) with the additional ISO granted by SCL and for those not on Steam/Amazon through Intercepts.

At its core these changes are basically giving the user base a really easy way to get an extra three 4* covers a month (with a chance at 5*s) and adding a QOL update by making the crash 5 days long instead of one day long. Will they solve every single resource issue, no. But they are definitely taking a solid step in the right direction over the last 6 months.