Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I just played the newly updated DDQ. For the most part, I wouldn't necessarily say it is an improvement. Especially with the new Behemoth Burrito. You MUST have all three "required" characters. Personally, I think that is tinykitty! In the second node, you can choose any 2* characters but in this new one, it is not an option. That means in order to complete this section every day, I will have to roster all those 2* characters that I don't want (Moonstone, Daken, Bullseye, Human Torch). But then again, maybe it's not worth the 4000 HP I will need to do so. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:
    So I just played the newly updated DDQ. For the most part, I wouldn't necessarily say it is an improvement. Especially with the new Behemoth Burrito. You MUST have all three "required" characters. Personally, I think that is tinykitty! In the second node, you can choose any 2* characters but in this new one, it is not an option. That means in order to complete this section every day, I will have to roster all those 2* characters that I don't want (Moonstone, Daken, Bullseye, Human Torch). But then again, maybe it's not worth the 4000 HP I will need to do so. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Or you can just do what I already do for the 2* required in pve and just keep one roster slot open and rotate 2* in and out as needed.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After playing it, it's better than my initial gut reaction.

The Good:
    - Almost no changes to the old structure, didn't fix what wasn't broken.
    - Extra rewards are always good, especially the extra taco token.

The Bad:
    - Really doesn't do much to decrease the 4* / 5* progression problem. If you clear the BB daily you're looking at an extra 14 CP a week, so an extra half an event. They should have made CotT daily rotation and give the 4* you bring like TBE.
    - The fact that BB requires all 3 of the characters. When they tested this structure over the holidays with the Thanos event all 3 were not required. That was much better, let people play a tougher match if they don't have all 3. It won't effect me as I roster all 2-4s regardless, but this sucks for a lot of people.

The Meh:
    - Giving 5 days to clear the same CotT might help some people, but in general either you have the character/covers or you don't. It will be nice for people who can't play DDQ everyday, but all in all it seems like a silly change to me.

Improvement Suggestions:
    - The simplest improvement I have is to incorporate this into SCLs. This should change the amount of progression ISO, the token values (1 SCL should be 2 STs while 8 should be 2 HT, fill in the blanks between), and maybe even SCL7 or 8 and up get 2 Tacos from progression instead of 1.
    - Some way to get daily 4* similar to TBE.

Disclaimer:
    The views expressed in this post are the sole thought and responsibility of Broll and may not represent the views of other players. No players or forum users were harmed in the making of this post.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll wrote:

The Meh:
    - Giving 5 days to clear the same CotT might help some people, but in general either you have the character/covers or you don't. It will be nice for people who can't play DDQ everyday, but all in all it seems like a silly change to me.

Disclaimer:
    The views expressed in this post are the sole thought and responsibility of Broll and may not represent the views of other players. No players or forum users were harmed in the making of this post.
    why silly?
    sometimes the CotT lands on a day that i am super busy and thus can only find time to try it once maybe twice. With the change it means that if my character is close to being able to do it I can find time to try a few times. For example with today's clash I lost with the enemy down to 500 HP with my 2/1/3 deadpool at level 132. On a busy day I might have had to run to work and not had another chance to try (I am a steam player not mobile) with the change now even if it was one of the days I was super busy I can try again tomorrow.

I mean the change doesn't really hurt anyone, it just gives people more freedom to do the node, so I don't get why you would feel it is silly *shrugs*
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:

Requiring all three balances things between us and the devs, we get additional rewards and they get more hp spent on slots as people either keep everyone rostered or have to have at least one free spot to roster a single cover version, if people choose not to roster characters despite the benefits of farming 2* characters that is up to them, they are just choosing to miss out on the extra rewards.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started updating DDQ rewards predictions to add in the Behemoth Burrito requireds. (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817&p=326590#p326590)

I may have missed it here if someone brought it up. In the order Riri and Captain Marvel are skipped (both new, makes sense they wouldn't go in this rotation)....but so is Gwenpoole (Gwen Pool), while much more recent characters (like Medusa) are not. Oversight?
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    spiderpool wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:

Or you can just do what I already do for the 2* required in pve and just keep one roster slot open and rotate 2* in and out as needed.

That is exactly what I have been doing, just need to hold on to the covers instead of selling them right away. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like it. More rewards and resources! I'm hopeful there's another new change coming soon to assist with people trying to get specific 5*s.. now that it's around 0.5% chance of pulling the specific character and cover I need...

I like the BB, because I have all 2*s, 3*s and 4*s, so finally I get to a reward for rostering and championing them all.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:

Gives you an opportunity to strategise on *when* you should do the Clash of the Titans though. The schedule for BB is out, so if you know you'd be missing out on a particular day, but also are confident that you can do the CoT, do it on the day when you don't have the required 2*.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PE9L8Xa.png?1
    z19m4OM.png?1

Hard?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    waywreth wrote:
    I think not having Bagman, Devil Dino, or Howard the Duck is correct. It's not fair to newer or ever long term players who miss the limited window to acquire them.

That said - I'm excited about this change and looking forward to trying it out. Just hoping the Behemoth isn't too hard considering many of the characters will be severely under leveled.

Then again they could do a special mission that requires them, i.e. anniversary. It'll be also fairer if it's optional to include them in the team too (if you don't have said character).
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My screen says moonstone who i don't have but having me use bullseye
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me. Love it.

I keep seeing complaints about the cost of rostering the 2*s for the BB, but elsewhere in the forum I've seen some of the same people saying that HP-flow isn't a problem for them.

I see complaints about having no choice but to use your 5*s or champed 4*s for everything, and here's a chance to use a different one of your 4*s each day, but people still aren't happy.

You can't please everyone, and some people will never be pleased.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    PE9L8Xa.png?1
    z19m4OM.png?1

Hard?

I think the character restrictions is what makes it hard. I didn't find today's hard, but it was tedious due to 3 support characters in a fight.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just one tiny, minor change please devs...

Make the Crash node repeatable and each additional time its completed you get 100 iso. Very small for those of us who enjoy doing crashes would be super. When I have an undercovered character (like the recent Chulk one) these are really fun and repeating them would be neat
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think a fantastic reward format for the new DDQ would be to have a Total/Rotation Progression Reward.

X + Y = Z

X = max prog for each day (not including CoT)
    Y = points for CoT (once per 5-day rotation)
    Z = Total/Rotation Progression Reward

It would be great if this additional progression reward was a decent amount of ISO.

xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just one tiny, minor change please devs...

Make the Crash node repeatable and each additional time its completed you get 100 iso. Very small for those of us who enjoy doing crashes would be super. When I have an undercovered character (like the recent Chulk one) these are really fun and repeating them would be neat

I'll go one better... make the node repeatable once per day. The first time you clear it you get a Legendary Token, and then completing it once each day gives you another 1 CP each time.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 3 necessary characters node blows as a concept.

You shouldn't force people to roster things they don't want to use.

Also a great change for Clash would have been copying the thanos crash and adding a usable 3 star for each one as an option.

The idea of changes to improve transitions should be to have LESS restrictions, not more.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With 101 rostered characters, I am eligible for 23 out of the 40 missions in the table. Of the 4 stars, I lack Agent Venom and Blade. I have all the three stars. The main problem, then, is the 2 stars, of which I have 9. These do not include Thor (7 missions), Bullseye (6 missions), Cap (1 mission) or Moonstone (2 missions.) Thor and Agent Venom overlap, but if I could roster Thor and Bullseye I'd be able to complete 35 out of 40, which would be a big jump.

Usually I get enough hp to increase my slots at roughly the pace of new characters being introduced. Guess I need to find a way to slip a couple extra slots in there!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The 3 necessary characters node blows as a concept.

You shouldn't force people to roster things they don't want to use.

They aren't forcing you to do so, but they are giving people benefits that have chosen to have a complete roster.