Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think its a good upgrade for transitioners. If you don't have many 2* rostered, then either get them (and farm) or just don't do the node. Nothing was taken away from you with the upgrade. You now simply have the chance to add an additional 2 CP daily and burrito challenge can potentially take less time.
  • ntcplanters
    ntcplanters Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It looks like a good, needed update overall. My only grievance is with the Behemoth Burrito node. I am at the mid-game to late-game transition (3* to 4*), and have no use for 2*s, aside from Storm, Magneto, Thor, and Hawkeye. I am more worried about recruiting the 4*s that come out every week or so, and will not about getting that "elusive" 2* Torch or Bullseye (which I already have 3*s for).

If nothing else with that node, please unlock it so that anyone can play it, if they have at least one qualifier.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a much needed upgrade. I don't understand the complainants at all. They gave you an additional chance to earn more heroes so people are going to complain over that?!?! Sorry, but not really, they added a great benefit for all players. It's a good way for new players to build up their roster and for Vet players like myself to start completing and working on their 5* transition. If a person cannot complete the nodes they will eventually be able too once they have the correct characters to do so. Great job D3 I thank you for this nice upgrade and addition.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:
    So I just played the newly updated DDQ. For the most part, I wouldn't necessarily say it is an improvement. Especially with the new Behemoth Burrito. You MUST have all three "required" characters. Personally, I think that is tinykitty! In the second node, you can choose any 2* characters but in this new one, it is not an option. That means in order to complete this section every day, I will have to roster all those 2* characters that I don't want (Moonstone, Daken, Bullseye, Human Torch). But then again, maybe it's not worth the 4000 HP I will need to do so. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Request for clarification:

I understand that you can only field a specific team (i.e. i specific 4*, 1 specific 3*, and a specific 2*). But what i want to know is if you can still play the match 2-against-3 if, for example, you have the required 2* and 3*, but not the 4*?
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I initially read this as the crash was going to be every single day and I got crazy excited. So I'm feeling a little meh.

What's the point of having the crash open the whole time...I bet 95% of the player base that can beat it will beat it on the first day...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The 3 necessary characters node blows as a concept.

You shouldn't force people to roster things they don't want to use.

They aren't forcing you to do so, but they are giving people benefits that have chosen to have a complete roster.

They aren't forcing me to do anything because I don't care, personally.

But for the strength of the game for new players and ones that want to transition faster.

It's literally rewarding them for the number of HP they spend on roster slots.

It's more or less turning DDQ into stamp collection instead of a daily challenge. But that's just how i'm seeing it for people who are lower than me personally.

I Don't hoard tacos, and missing 1 Legendary every 1.5 weeks won't hurt ME too much, but it could hurt the players who aren't on the forums, And would be a net gain for everyone if it were changed.
  • GurlBYE
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:
    So I just played the newly updated DDQ. For the most part, I wouldn't necessarily say it is an improvement. Especially with the new Behemoth Burrito. You MUST have all three "required" characters. Personally, I think that is tinykitty! In the second node, you can choose any 2* characters but in this new one, it is not an option. That means in order to complete this section every day, I will have to roster all those 2* characters that I don't want (Moonstone, Daken, Bullseye, Human Torch). But then again, maybe it's not worth the 4000 HP I will need to do so. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

I understand that you can only field a specific team (i.e. i specific 4*, 1 specific 3*, and a specific 2*). But what i want to know is if you can still play the match 2-against-3 if, for example, you have the required 2* and 3*, but not the 4*?
    No you need all 3.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:

No my friend. You need ALL the required to play the node in the same way if you are missing the one required character for Dat Required Character you cannot play it.

As for people complaining they are being forced to roster people, you are not. I don't roster everyone. In particular XFW and a couple of 3s. Guess what happens when XFW crash rolls around? I don't cry and moan about being forced to use him, I accept that I chose not to roster him and let it go. At any point If I want to participate in that crash I can just roster him for 1 day and then sell him - Which incidentally is what I do for Dat required character most of the time.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cozmo1682 wrote:
    I initially read this as the crash was going to be every single day and I got crazy excited. So I'm feeling a little meh.

What's the point of having the crash open the whole time...I bet 95% of the player base that can beat it will beat it on the first day...

I suppose it helps the casual people who don't play the daily every day. It isn't that it is a bad change, but I agree, it is a far cry from the change people had hoped for of a daily crash.
  • GurlBYE
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:

No my friend. You need ALL the required to play the node in the same way if you are missing the one required character for Dat Required Character you cannot play it.

As for people complaining they are being forced to roster people, you are not. I don't roster everyone. In particular XFW and a couple of 3s. Guess what happens when XFW crash rolls around? I don't cry and moan about being forced to use him, I accept that I chose not to roster him and let it go. At any point If I want to participate in that crash I can just roster him for 1 day and then sell him - Which incidentally is what I do for Dat required character most of the time.

I don't roster everyone either, but it'd be a net gain for all players. As for randomly rostering a 4 star on demand.
    Well grats to you, because I've barely been able to fully cover my XFW, let alone snap my fingers and make him appear.

Side note, What people here in general seem to need to understand when having a discussion with others and when giving feedback in a group setting, you don't use language that demeans others views and opinions in an attempt to make your point seem stronger. It actually WEAKENS your argument.

it comes off as really pompous and self important and seems to be the lay of the land here. It's really weird for people that I can usually clearly see from descriptions are older and should be more understanding of this concept than others.

Whining could have easily been criticism from their perspective, and just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't make it whining.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Kevin61 wrote:

You cannot. I had to roster the Flaptain I had dying on the vine in order to play the mission.

ETA: Since the question was answered, just thought I'd add that I miss killing the tile mover in each wave of TBE, then building resources for the next wave. Now the new movers swap in immediately, removing that strategy. Otherwise I like the changes.
  • ntcplanters
    ntcplanters Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

No. You have to have all three characters, in order to play the node. At least, that is how it stands now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Excellent changes overall. I can see how the Burrito mission will be annoying for people who don't have all characters, but missing 2 CP here and there isn't the end of the world, and it's something nice to strive for if it's something you care about.

If all Burrito teams are about the same as today's, it'll be easy enough even with one (or maybe even two?) characters with very little progress.

Also, I beat the CoT today with a lvl 99 3/0/3 Deadpool o.O
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    cozmo1682 wrote:

I suppose it helps the casual people who don't play the daily every day. It isn't that it is a bad change, but I agree, it is a far cry from the change people had hoped for of a daily crash.
    It also would have helped me back in the first 6 months of Crash when some of the fights were harder and we didn't have Command Points to help with 4* transition. A few of those fights really came down to available level and burning through boosts, and having 4 extra days to regain health packs or boosts would have been great.

I imagine there are players who aren't as far along with their 4* transition who would be in this boat too.
  • GurlBYE
    Options
    Was the thanos version of clash going to stay a one time thing?

That was great.
    Clash daily, with 3 stars being an option AND the ability to use team ups (though those weren't needed)

Hell if they did that I wouldn't even mind them boosting the opponents strength some.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don’t mind the 5 day period for the 4* Crash node. While it doesn’t effect me, I think that could really help people who are trying to get ISO or covers to bring that selected 4* up to fighting shape in time, waiting on a daily reward, or even just need an extra shot once their health packs regen. If we’re still doing one Crash every 5 days, that’s a better way to do it.

I like the 3 necessary character node as a concept, even though its caught me flatfooted today with that 2* Bulls, since I sold him yesterday before the announcement to finish off the ISO for my 4*Luke Cage. (Always wait until you have a one cover back up, farmers). While I’m always in favor of features that reward those who spent time building a larger roster, letting a team fight “handicapped” (2 vs 3 or 1 v 3) in this case wouldn’t be a bad thing, even a nice challenge. Shade has already been thrown at that line up today, but I don’t think my lvl 190 Falcap could beat a IM40 fueled Thing by himself, even at just lvl 90 each). Otherwise the tacos should be loaded with whatever 2* are in that 5 day cycle, so there’s a decent chance of grabbing that requirement if you clear the other nodes.

I don’t know what to say on the Big Enchilda change. That nodes not really for me anymore as I’m mostly 4*’s now, but anything that speeds up something for the same reward is fine. But I don't rely on 3*'s to beat it, so I don't think my opinion on that node matters as much as that level of player.

I like how the beating the Crash gets you all the progression rewards (instead of just short like before), that gives you two ways to get to it, if you're missing a requirement in either of those nodes.

Overall its an improvement. Not the 5* solution or daily 4* reward that some were hoping, but overall an improvement. Now excuse me while I twiddle my thumbs until the next PVE starts tomorrow.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

That was great.
    Clash daily, with 3 stars being an option AND the ability to use team ups (though those weren't needed)

Hell if they did that I wouldn't even mind them boosting the opponents strength some.

My thought (just a theory) is there were testing this new node then. They decided too many people were winning the way it was so they made it more restrictive because they hate having fans.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It's more or less turning DDQ into stamp collection instead of a daily challenge. But that's just how i'm seeing it for people who are lower than me personally.

I Don't hoard tacos, and missing 1 Legendary every 1.5 weeks won't hurt ME too much, but it could hurt the players who aren't on the forums, And would be a net gain for everyone if it were changed.

I get the argument, but how is this the point where it turns into a stamp collection? PvE is built around having these same essentials for rewards, and has forever.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cleared it this morning. My initial thoughts:

Good:
    Additional progression rewards.

Daily CP in DDQ is nice.

Bad:
    Having a node with 3 required characters. You should be able to attempt the node shorthanded. Otherwise, that daily CP, is not daily at all.

Crash still only once every 5 days. A big missed opportunity to help the 4* transitioner. Plus it means top progression is only available once a week, so most those additional progression rewards mean nothing.

Summary:
    Nice try, but a failure. This fixes pretty much nothing that a revamped DDQ should have accomplished.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

That was great.

My thought (just a theory) is there were testing this new node then. They decided too many people were winning the way it was so they made it more restrictive because they hate having fans.

I think that's another reason why this feels a bit hollow for some players. They've already done something that was far more intriguing, and shut it down.