Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spudgutter wrote:
    I'm glad they updated DDQ, it was long overdue for an overhaul, but I think they fell short.

I don't have the time or energy to look at what the normal daily iso intake back then was, but I personally remember that an extra 5k per day was a very big deal, not to mention the additional covers for your less covered 3". That helped influence everyone to roster even the sub-par ones, because it meant you would get that extra 2k iso that day. Now, if you don't have a specific 2* or 4*, you miss out on a taco token and 2cp. Not really an incentive IMO.
    Fair, but I think it depends on the roster level you are speaking about.
    If you are saying that 2K Iso per day is much more valuable than a taco token + 2 CP, I think that definitely is roster dependent.
    Think about how many players would gladly spend 2K iso if there were a function to purchase 2 CP with it. An unhealthy number of players would IMO. For the smaller number of vets though, probably not much of a loss that day.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't want to be lumped in with the "complainers"... but here is where I'm coming from.

Day 1218 player. 107 Roster Slots. VIP. I've been here since the beginning.

Due to the pace of new characters, over the past few years, I have had to make roster choices. I kept just enough 1 & 2 stars for DDQ.

This awesome new feature, the required 2* daily, would require the purchase of a Stark Salary, 120 dollars (CDN) in order to use this "new feature". I would need to collect buy at least 10 new slots for 2*, not to mention the new 4*'s they drop bi-weekly.

It's just too much of an "ask" for an already paying customer.

Cut us vets some slack, and let us approach the node with a team of 2. You don't force me to have 3 1*'s for the node, you allow me to approach the 2* daily node with a handicapped team. How about some parity with those nodes.

I'm sure this change was a welcome relief to a lot of players... but a significant number of us "vets" are being excluded from a node because we have progressed too far in game. In my humble opinion, that's not right.

Please reconsider, let us approach the 2/3/4 required node handicapped if we choose... don't lock me out. Please.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Roland113 wrote:
    So, I have a question on the third taco token.

If I understand correctly, we should be getting a taco from the Under the Sea, a second one from Dat Required Character and a third from progression (22000 points, obtainable by completing everything except for Crash of the Titans, or alternately by completing Crash of the Titans itself). I have all three checked yet only received two taco tokens.

Am I understanding correctly and if I am, did anyone else miss out on the third token?
    I cleared DRQ, then the Crash (reaching progression), then UTS, and I got three tokens.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheBaku wrote:
    I don't want to be lumped in with the "complainers"... but here is where I'm coming from.

Due to the pace of new characters, over the past few years, I have had to make roster choices. I kept just enough 1 & 2 stars for DDQ.

This awesome new feature, the required 2* daily, would require the purchase of a Stark Salary, 120 dollars (CDN) in order to use this "new feature". I would need to collect buy at least 10 new slots for 2*, not to mention the new 4*'s they drop bi-weekly.

Cut us vets some slack, and let us approach the node with a team of 2. You don't force me to have 3 1*'s for the node, you allow me to approach the 2* daily node with a handicapped team. How about some parity with those nodes.

I'm sure this change was a welcome relief to a lot of players... but a significant number of us "vets" are being excluded from a node because we have progressed too far in game. In my humble opinion, that's not right.

Please reconsider, let us approach the 2/3/4 required node handicapped if we choose... don't lock me out. Please.
    It sounds like you could really benefit from a two-star cover farm. Once you have one up and running you get more than enough HP to go around.
    Failing that, keeping unrostered two-star covers in your cover queue and rostering them when needed and then selling them can also be useful to open the nodes.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    The 3 necessary characters node blows as a concept.

You shouldn't force people to roster things they don't want to use.

They aren't forcing you to do so, but they are giving people benefits that have chosen to have a complete roster.

Exactly that. People whining about BB, should just get over it. Why shouldn't the people who roster everyone be rewarded for doing so?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really enjoyed the changes, nice work devs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Spudgutter wrote:
    I'm glad they updated DDQ, it was long overdue for an overhaul, but I think they fell short.

I don't have the time or energy to look at what the normal daily iso intake back then was, but I personally remember that an extra 5k per day was a very big deal, not to mention the additional covers for your less covered 3". That helped influence everyone to roster even the sub-par ones, because it meant you would get that extra 2k iso that day. Now, if you don't have a specific 2* or 4*, you miss out on a taco token and 2cp. Not really an incentive IMO.
    Fair, but I think it depends on the roster level you are speaking about.
    If you are saying that 2K Iso per day is much more valuable than a taco token + 2 CP, I think that definitely is roster dependent.
    Think about how many players would gladly spend 2K iso if there were a function to purchase 2 CP with it. An unhealthy number of players would IMO. For the smaller number of vets though, probably not much of a loss that day.

Maybe, but again look at the context. When DDQ debuted, it was a significant boost to your daily intake of everything.

Two taco tokens (which was a brand new thing!), 3700 iso and a 3* cover.

This was before champing, so farming wasn't a thing. You would typically get 2* from the vault, and if you were at least a moderate player, you would not always need the 3* either. So you get at least 3700 iso, plus chances for covers.

Now, they added 1000 iso, a standard token, an elite token, another taco token and 2 CP.

Not exactly a giant boost.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TheBaku wrote:

If you're a day 1000+ player, more than likely your 3 and 4 stars are leveled up enough that you could beat this with a 1 cover 2* character (that's what I did today with Bullseye, and I'm only at about day 450 or so), so all you'd need is to save up some standard/heroic/elite tokens and rotate one extra slot for whomever is required that day. People are seriously overexaggerating the amount of HP needed.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have every 2*, 3*, and all but one 4*. But that's because I'm a collector and I've only used my HP to buy slots ever.

So I can TOTALLY understand why some folks wouldn't have all 2*s rostered. Before I got the right amount of HP through farming and grinding, I had to carefully choose who my 2*s were because of that PVE essential node. It wasn't TERRIBLY hard because I could cycle through every 3 or 4 days, just needing one cover.

But I've heard some people say that people should stop complaining about that node and just cycle through 2*s for when they are needed, but in this case, I think that's a little silly because it is DAILY. So even if you just want one cover, that's a different cover in that one roster slot EACH DAY. Who has that many 2* covers dying on the vine? And then once you use them, they're gone. Forget that 2* farm.

I personally enjoy the node because I can usually beat it and it's a weird team I have to use, but I can also totally understand how vets at over 1000 days NEED that 2CP to have any sort of progress in their game, so not having a 2* preventing them from the only real mode of progression sounds frustrating.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am a vet player and do not have an issue with the nodes at all. I have every champ but some of the 1*'s. Complaining about something extra given, because you don't want to roster the slot is a players decision. If I choose to not play optimal in one PVE for a new character, and then decide I want to play optimal the next PVE knowing that I would need said required champ, I can't blame D3 for not getting the champ since I didn't play optimal in previous PVE. I believe this was a needed addition, and for the Vets who already have a majority of the 5's covered and viable to use, if you spent the money to get all the covers then the 1,000 Hero Points to get a new roster slot doesn't seem that far a stretch since you obviously had to spend money for the slots to begin with.
  • TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    If you're a day 1000+ player, more than likely your 3 and 4 stars are leveled up enough that you could beat this with a 1 cover 2* character (that's what I did today with Bullseye, and I'm only at about day 450 or so), so all you'd need is to save up some standard/heroic/elite tokens and rotate one extra slot for whomever is required that day. People are seriously overexaggerating the amount of HP needed.

Hey bud,

I guess you're right, I can save every 2 star I get in my queue and use single covers on the day they're needed... keeping one slot and cycling out daily... and keeping a mess of covers piling up waiting to be useful....

Alternatively they can treat the 2/3/4 required node the same way they treat the old 1* and 2* DDQ nodes, and allow me to field a team of 1 or 2 characters if need be.

All I'm asking is that they treat that specific daily node like the old DDQ where I could use only Juggernaut (1*) rather than the PvE style "No-character, No play" format.

Thanks for the tip though, I'm guessing I'll be stuck with Option A - a messy, overloaded queue full of 2*s...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone who's enough of a vet should be able to earn enough HP from (shield intercepts for those who can get them) + championing (esp 2* champ farm) plus regular pve and pvp play.

You may not have rostered all 2*s and 3*s now, but you should be able to do it within the next few weeks or months, if you set that as a goal.

I personally gain around 2000 HP per week with regular play, so I often have enough to buy some 10-packs of special tokens, in addition to spending HP on roster slots, pvp shields and 100-hp daily special vault token pulls. You can do it!!
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I like the new changes, mostly because I have all 2,3 and 4 stars on my roster.

Here is a suggestion. Create a Behemoth Burrito vault, this vault would act the same as the current limited vaults that are in rotation, but would have all required characters for the Behemoth Burrito in the vault. Prices same as limited vaults 5-pack for 1000 HP and 20-pack for 3600. The contents as follows.
    4 star.png required first cover
    3 star.png required one of each cover
    2 star.png required 13 covers
    1000 heropointsbig.png
    token_taco.png X2

Anybody could pull from the vault if they are missing 1 of the required characters. The additional benefit of this would allow people to save HP for a 4 star.png that they know is coming up in rotation. Rotate the 4 star.png cover every reset.

Example of vault contents below
    icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_beast.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_bullseye.png 5/5/3
    1000 heropointsbig.png
    token_taco.pngtoken_taco.png
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Killians8 wrote:
    I think these are great changes. I remember when I barely had any 3*s on my team and it was exciting to have the right one to be able to get an extra cover. The Behemoth Burrito node brings that excitement back and encourages me to roster folks. I like it.

Those who are constantly complaining may want to check their expectations. Happiness is a choice, not the responsibility of Demi.

Criticism is free to give, if you've got a problem with people not agreeing with yours so be it, they don't need nor want your commentary, they are giving feedback to the developers, not trying to please you.

Like you can criticize them or ignore them but passively taking jabs at people who don't agree with you is weird lol.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    TheBaku wrote:

It sounds like you could really benefit from a two-star cover farm. Once you have one up and running you get more than enough HP to go around.
    Failing that, keeping unrostered two-star covers in your cover queue and rostering them when needed and then selling them can also be useful to open the nodes.

While that is a way to circumvent the problem, it still would be better for players of all levels to have it be possible "handicapped".

Ex- a transitioning 3 from the past year or so, won't have every 4 cover, since most are given randomly with others appearing once every 40-something pves.

That 2 CP that could be used to actually get them 4 covers, is unavailable to them because they don't have that 4 cover, or don't have the roster space for the 2's.

So yeah, it's a clear temporary fix for the issue, it cures the symptoms not the illness.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know it's one of the worst scenarios possible, but:

Beating new node with lvl ~100 Bullseye, lvl 40 (11 covers) Beast and 1 cover Falcap took my 3 tries and a couple of boosts. All of that for 2 CP and a Taco.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But I've heard some people say that people should stop complaining about that node and just cycle through 2*s for when they are needed, but in this case, I think that's a little silly because it is DAILY. So even if you just want one cover, that's a different cover in that one roster slot EACH DAY. Who has that many 2* covers dying on the vine? And then once you use them, they're gone. Forget that 2* farm.

If somebody isn't rostering everyone then the odds are fairly high that they don't have a 2* farm to forget in any case, so your argument seems a little flawed.

The simple fact of the matter is that people that choose to spend their hp on other stuff such as tokens still get the benefit from that hp, it all comes down to choice.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheBaku wrote:
    All I'm asking is that they treat that specific daily node like the old DDQ where I could use only Juggernaut (1*) rather than the PvE style "No-character, No play" format.

Thanks for the tip though, I'm guessing I'll be stuck with Option A - a messy, overloaded queue full of 2*s...

This node does act like the old DDQ though, it has a character requirement and if you cannot meet that requirement then you cannot play the node.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

If somebody isn't rostering everyone then the odds are fairly high that they don't have a 2* farm to forget in any case, so your argument seems a little flawed.

The simple fact of the matter is that people that choose to spend their hp on other stuff such as tokens still get the benefit from that hp, it all comes down to choice.

I meant forget about them ever having a 2* farm, since they will just be burning through covers for this node. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh absolutely people can spend their HP on whatever they want! I chose roster slots and a slower progression of certain characters to make sure to roster everyone over using HP for packs or vaults to try to level up specific characters. But to each his or her own!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    While that is a way to circumvent the problem, it still would be better for players of all levels to have it be possible "handicapped".

Ex- a transitioning 3 from the past year or so, won't have every 4 cover, since most are given randomly with others appearing once every 40-something pves.

That 2 CP that could be used to actually get them 4 covers, is unavailable to them because they don't have that 4 cover, or don't have the roster space for the 2's.

So yeah, it's a clear temporary fix for the issue, it cures the symptoms not the illness.

I can see your point, but as someone who has been looking longingly at the CotT for months wondering how long it will be before I can actually compete, the BB gives me a chance to use the 4*s I have for something in the here and now.

My FalCap has one lonely yellow cover, but today he (and my ten-cover, level 127 Beast and my champed Bullseye) earned me 2CP. That's the first time I've ever been able to use him and I'm delighted.

No, I won't be able to compete every day - I have about two thirds of the 4*s rostered - but I can use my single-cover characters for something that helps me progress. That's good enough for me.