Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are never going to get something for nothing. The key is that they're giving us better prizes, but they're making us work for it. I'm having a blast doing the BB. Due to 2* champion farming, I always have at least one cover of every 2* available. All of my 3*s are championed, so they are the main powerhouses in this battle. My 4*s are either championed or else decently covered, so they do okay as well. It's my new favorite node to beat each day.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    i guess its okay... how about doing a few changes

Make the event 7 days.....you can play the nod 7 times so if someone wanted to they could do it all in one day
    One Crash per five days instead of seven and the same exact enemies and required characters all week?

Devs, please forget you saw this.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Was the thanos version of clash going to stay a one time thing?

That was great.
    Clash daily, with 3 stars being an option AND the ability to use team ups (though those weren't needed)

Hell if they did that I wouldn't even mind them boosting the opponents strength some.

My thought (just a theory) is there were testing this new node then. They decided too many people were winning the way it was so they made it more restrictive because they hate having fans.
    To me it always seemed like it was intended as a special event for the Thanos release, rather than any kind of test for permanent changes. In fact, if I recall correctly, that's how the announcement read, too.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    You are never going to get something for nothing. The key is that they're giving us better prizes, but they're making us work for it. I'm having a blast doing the BB. Due to 2* champion farming, I always have at least one cover of every 2* available. All of my 3*s are championed, so they are the main powerhouses in this battle. My 4*s are either championed or else decently covered, so they do okay as well. It's my new favorite node to beat each day.

I am all for "working for it". In fact, as I said before, I really enjoyed the new change. Even if just to mix it up from the norm, it was fun. But in terms of getting better prizes... sure, something is better than nothing, and we shouldn't complain about it. But that is the same as if I walked up to you and handed you a dime. 10 cents won't make you run around like you won a lottery. But it's something, better than nothing. The needle never really moved, because you weren't 10 cents away from your dream car. Most people would say something like "...OK? Thanks? whoop-dee-doo, a whole dime!"

that's basically how I feel about this change. Yes, I am grateful that this is more than it was before... but it's not going to make much of an impact on me, I might not even realize it's there. The part I am grateful for is new content, I just wish they could ramp up the rewards a tiny bit so that people with the higher rosters (or people like me, trying to actually get a higher roster) felt the change rather than a drop in the bucket.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Hi, I'm enjoying the new DDQ but I haven't been awarded the final taco progression award today despite having reached 22000 points. Anyone else having this problem?

*Ahhh, there we go, it just arrived when I logged back in icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Felonius wrote:
    I just got done playing the new DDQ: I like it!

Each day, they've increased the available rewards by 1k ISO, 1x Taco, 1x Recruit, 1x Elite, and 2x CP.

Is it a stellar, OMG, paradigm-shift change? No. Could it have been a bigger improvement? Sure, of course they can always do more, but I don't recall any statement or promise that this change was intended to be an answer to the 4* or 5* issue. It's just a little more ISO, CP, and tokens up-for-grabs to all players. How could that be bad?

Not to mention the increased availability of the Crash of Titans node for a full five days giving more opportunity to hit that node to deal with RL or give time to find covers/ISO to improve one's required 4*, etc. Again, big change? Not necessarily, but it might help some people, and it certainly doesn't harm anyone.

As for the people complaining about the need to roster 2* characters now in order to get all the DDQ nodes... First, if you chose not to "complete" the game, then you can't play all the game... >shrug< That happens to make sense to me. YMMV.

Besides, I have to totally agree with Zulux21, a couple posts above... Rostering and rotation-farming 2* is an essential part of the game now. It's an excellent way to get ISO, HP, CP, tokens, and covers to help the rest of your roster. If you haven't been doing it, give it a try. It really pays for itself in the long run.

Likewise, I'd strongly recommend doing the same for 3*... I have all 42 champed, and the constant influx of ISO, HP, CP, tokens, and 4* covers from every 3* cover I get keeps the rewards flowing... None of my 3* have reached maxed 266 yet (LCap at ~256 is my highest).... I'm still deciding what to do at that point... but I expect, unlike 2* which I flip right away, I'll keep my maxed-champed 3* and just start a new one whenever I get that 114th cover... ...but I digress...

The point being, if you build/maintain strong lower-tier farms, it really helps with your upper-tier progression. I've got 32x 4* champed, with intent to champ 'em all, before I seriously move on to leveling my fledgling 5*s, because I know... all the rewards from 2, 3, and 4* covers will help with that 5th Tier (and the inevitable 6th, etc.).

Single-steps and long-term considerations have worked for my personal progression, and it appears to be what the designers expect for MPQ, as demonstrated by yet another positive step with today's DDQ Improvements. Thumbs-up!

I thumbs-up this post, but I also wanted to QFT.

the bolded part is what is important. true, doesn't seem like much, but consider what those additional rewards will be over a longer period of time. Imagine what those extra tokens will amount to even over a week's time. clear, definitive, incontrovertible advancement on your 2* and 3* farms, at the very least. 14 CP, and 7k ISO. extrapolate that out over a month. that is a significant amount of ISO, especially considering it is only a change to one small part of the game.

I have other major complaints with the current state of the game (namely 2* drops in PVP), but this change to DDQ is by and large a significant upgrade.

TBH the only modification I would make is a Progression Reward added to the 5th day in each rotation (as I stated earlier in this thread). as in, complete EVERY node in a 5-day rotation (including the CoT), and get some amount of ISO. that achievement would clearly be intended for developed rosters, and is the type of roster that would be in need of that type of reward (additional ISO income). but this is in no way a complaint on the current structure.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well shoot. I was optimistically logging in today to see if they coded the Crash of the Titans node properly since I beat it yesterday. The one time I wanted them to code a buggy node...

Would have been the best 2 days ever because you know they would've hot fixed it instantly. icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Make the event 7 days.....you can play the nod 7 times so if someone wanted to they could do it all in one day
    One Crash per five days instead of seven and the same exact enemies and required characters all week?

yea im lazy to log in every day icon_e_smile.gif

so you only can win the 5 star battle once every 5 days?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

yea im lazy to log in every day icon_e_smile.gif

so you only can win the 5 star battle once every 5 days?

Same as before, except you have all 5 days to try, instead of just the one.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    ...Imagine what those extra tokens will amount to even over a week's time. clear, definitive, incontrovertible advancement on your 2* and 3* farms, at the very least. 14 CP, and 7k ISO. extrapolate that out over a month. that is a significant amount of ISO, especially considering it is only a change to one small part of the game.

I have other major complaints with the current state of the game (namely 2* drops in PVP), but this change to DDQ is by and large a significant upgrade.

TBH the only modification I would make is a Progression Reward added to the 5th day in each rotation (as I stated earlier in this thread). as in, complete EVERY node in a 5-day rotation (including the CoT), and get some amount of ISO. that achievement would clearly be intended for developed rosters, and is the type of roster that would be in need of that type of reward (additional ISO income). but this is in no way a complaint on the current structure.

I like Jam_Adams' idea for a 5-Day ISO Progression Reward.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would be cool to leave the Crash node with the LT reward, however, have it clearable 5 times. Give 250 HP and 3500 iso twice.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm a little annoyed I need to spend another 5k or whatever HP to get all the 2s rostered, but for 2 cp a day it's worth it
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I'm a little annoyed I need to spend another 5k or whatever HP to get all the 2s rostered, but for 2 cp a day it's worth it
    Farm those two-stars. It will be worth it. HP won't be an issue again once the farm is running.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    yeah, it's 10k for me to roster, 24k for a fully functioning farm.

Bright side though, this might be the incentive I need to actually save hp for farm slots...
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JablesMc wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    yeah, it's 10k for me to roster, 24k for a fully functioning farm.

Bright side though, this might be the incentive I need to actually save hp for farm slots...
    Whoa, not 24K. You don't need to sell a max-champ 2* until you have at least 1 cover for that same character in your que.
    Then sell the max-champ, immediately re-roster the same character from you que. Definitely do not need to keep doubles around unless that's preferred.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Whoa, not 24K. You don't need to sell a max-champ 2* until you have at least 1 cover for that same character in your que.
    Then sell the max-champ, immediately re-roster the same character from you que. Definitely do not need to keep doubles around unless that's preferred.

Personally, I find the rate of 2* covers is high enough that you can usually wait until you have enough covers to champ the new 2* right away, no need to just play with a single cover version when you don't have to do so.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You only need one roster slot, and a little bit of planning, for a 2* to take full advantage of the BB node.

Remember, we know exactly when certain 2* characters are going to be needed, because they gave us the entire schedule in advance.

Once things get rolling, you have a two-week window to watch for a needed 2* cover. With any semi-regular level of play, you're functionally guaranteed to get it. Keep them in your queue, use them on the day you need them, and sell them for face value, freeing up that spot for tomorrow's 2*. Build out your 2* farm as you can during this process, but all you need is one slot right now.

If you don't want to track upcoming character needs, just wait to sell 2*s until they have some fixed amount of time left, say 2 or 3 days, and you'll always have the needed cover in your queue.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh hey, because I don't know if someone posted it already, here's the list of 3-stars that are NOT required for any of the Burritos.

Black Widow, Daredevil, Gamora, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Psylocke, Rocket & Groot, Sentry, Storm, and Vision.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:

You can do it over time, too; some of the 2*s are used a lot less than others. For example, if you don't roster Ares you're only missing 2 CP every 40 days.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really been enjoying this, glad to see more positive improvements to the game icon_e_biggrin.gif