Update to Deadpool's Daily Quest! (2/21/17)

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    i guess its okay... how about doing a few changes

Make the event 7 days.....you can play the nod 7 times so if someone wanted to they could do it all in one day
    One Crash per five days instead of seven and the same exact enemies and required characters all week?

Devs, please forget you saw this.

Pretty sure none of them saw it anyway, but I love your optimism.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Was hoping for daily 4* covers. It's better than before. Slightly increased prizes is better than nothing. Thanks for the change.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Questions for Brigby here (and apologies if they have already been asked and answered) - is the posted list an exhaustive list or just a sample of the teams that will be used (it looks like 40 4*s, but will new 4*s be added right away, and who's missing from the list)? And are those fixed teams, or will there be some interchanging of team members in future iterations (ie. Will Flaptain always be paired with Beast and Bullseye)?

Thanks!
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    (Guessing that because it started 6th on the list, this is a set rotation until more 4s are added... Ask away, though)
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for these changes and added prizes. Changes to difficulty and time of completion is almost negligible. Like the additional progression ISO, Taco Token and 2 CP.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very good improvement to DDQ! That made me take last remaining 3-star to my roster (Ragnarok)...
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also. Wanted to say that I really like the new design of the Deadpool Daily nodes rather than being a weird diamond square thing.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the changes, nothing earth shattering but anything new is welcomed. Just glad that the BB doesn't require a useable 2 star otherwise that would have killed the al ready lagging 2 star farm setup.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great. Now we have to invest in worthless 2, 2, and 4 star characters that no one wants to play with to earn higher end rewards.
    You've basically just increased the gap between new and long term players.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinburn wrote:
    Great. Now we have to invest in worthless 2, 2, and 4 star characters that no one wants to play with to earn higher end rewards.
    You've basically just increased the gap between new and long term players.

Uh... I'm not sure if you noticed... but that's how the entire game works. Get more slots, roster more stuff, use your more stuff to get hp to buy more slots. Over time get better stuff in your roster to perform better in placement and progression (theoretically at least).

Plus, 2 extra CP per day is not going to be a major increase in CP revenue for hardcore players. Nice, yes, but not major.

Besides, since you're here, have a read through the tables and pick your battles. If don't roster Ares you're only missing one Burrito out of 40. And someone several pages made an excellent point, you don't need a good 4* to clear that mission. 1 cover at 70 is probably enough with a well-established 2* and a decent 3*. They're only level 80-something opponents.
  • Foolwolf
    Options
    I don't like this new change simply because it means that I don't finish the BB mission anymore. The requirement for 2 star is stupid IMO and you should allow people to get the option to have a tougher fight and only have two of the required characters for taking the fight.

Also, I don't like how the game lacks information about what is going on in the fights. No requirements, no mention if you have succeded or when a new fight is available or a message saying that you already managed a fight or a cycle. Few players hang out here so a bit more info in the game itself would be great too.

Nice that you stir around a few things, but this one wasn't fun for me. From completing them most of the time to not once since the release of the update, feels unsatisfactory considering the time and plenty of characters I have invested with.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm enjoying it, nice to see it spruced up, everything i was getting daily and now an extra token and 2 cp a day, cheers, every little helps.

Still think there should be some kind of 5* crash once or twice a month tho for the top tier players (i aint there yet but there dosen't seem to be much end game for high end players just the prospect of super scaling for the same rewards you can pluck out with lesser rosters) but i think it would be something good, maybe a special token with a higher % chance of a 5* than the legendary and maybe a healthier chunk of iso but yeah all in all i think it's a positive change
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    I like the changes, nothing earth shattering but anything new is welcomed. Just glad that the BB doesn't require a useable 2 star otherwise that would have killed the al ready lagging 2 star farm setup.

Since I can't play today because I only have the *** and **** characters, I would say that a usable ** is required.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I'd have loved a node for a daily 4* cover reward, I'm happy with these changes! One improvement I wouldn't mind seeing them implement is in the Xtreme! / Crash of the Titans node — I like that it now lasts five days so you're not trying to schedule your time around it, but I think it should offer four additional rewards past the LT. Rather than have them randomized, they should be delivered in order: LT, 2,000 ISO, 3,500 ISO, 5,000 ISO, and 7,500 ISO. With each victory, your opponent's levels will increase an appropriate amount. You'd obviously need a champed 4* to have a competitive chance at the 7,500 ISO. It will help give players at that stage of the game a conservative dollop of resources while also offering a rewarding challenge in that node each day.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    StarScream wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Since I can't play today because I only have the *** and **** characters, I would say that a usable ** is required.
    Stating the obvious here, but "usable", in this context, means fully/mostly covered, and probably champed. Smkspy is saying that's not necessary; a one-cover, level 15 character will do.

IOW, it means that you don't sell all your 2* covers immediately - you save one of each (or at least the ones that are coming up in the BB), and you dedicate exactly one roster slot for that purpose.

If you don't have that arrangement in place already, at least it's pretty easy to get it set up in a week at most. It's a pretty small sacrifice to make, if you decide it's worth your time.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My definition of usable - Can you use it? Yes? Then it is usable.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    StarScream wrote:

Nuance is a fun thing.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    StarScream wrote:
    Well, you may be searching for the word "rostered" in this case. It does require a specific "rostered" 2* of any number of covers.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The 3* essential node, and TBE are rewards fir those who spent HP to roster specific characters. In order to fully gain benefit from DDQ of old, you must roster all 3*. Period.

See BB under the same light. It's the way D3 reward those who spend HP to have deep and wide roster. Players may choose not to spend HP to roster this character or that. Fine. BB is not for you. Period.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Foolwolf wrote:
    I don't like this new change simply because it means that I don't finish the BB mission anymore. The requirement for 2 star is stupid IMO and you should allow people to get the option to have a tougher fight and only have two of the required characters for taking the fight.

While this change would benefit me due to my current lack(though increasing in recent days) of 2*'s, I personally think it would be of even greater benefit to newer players trying to grow their roster. I mean, if you can beat it with a 2* & 3*, that could be a great help to those in early days.