Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my current obw is level 15 with 5 purple.

just tried her with sw, enemy ap is constantly ...non-existent.
    awesome, at least for pve.

im really interested to see if this gets patched together with im40 or much, much sooner.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wish there was a way to downvote posts like these:
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.

OK....first of all, this is not against you Brigby, I know that you write what that Devs are asking you to do...

but don't get us fooled: THIS IS NOT A BUG....THIS IS A TEST FOR A MASSIVE REBALANCING CHARACTERS
    and the main goal is nerfing IM40 icon_evil.gif

What is wrong with you Devs? As soon as we get an useful character, you feel the need to nerf it? icon_e_sad.gif
    First there were Thoress and XFWolverine....then goes the Mag2-Mystique combo.....more recently you tried to break Charlie's Angels by overpowering Prof X blue so those who have maxed him cannot use the trio...
    and now you set your sight on IM40? This is not fair, because IM40 is the most useful character for those in the
    4 star.png transiction that not have an OML/Phoenix usable duo (thanx to RNG on classic Legends).

So, how long it will take to the R118 patch? two weeks? more time?
    And what about if we players decide to stop spending a single cent in the game as long as it will not be fixed?
    Is this fair enough?
    **** man...
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    **** man...

We don't necessarily have to agree...it's only my opinion.
    After 820 days of gameplay I have seen many (bad) things happened so I am "a little" biased (maybe).
    Time will tell if I am only crying wolf, but at this moment I am very disappointed and wanted the Devs knew how I feel.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.
    Seriously? Don't You feel the necessity to fix it ASAP? IMO it would be even better to roll-back to previous version than leave it as it is for unknown period.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really dislike the way you're forced to take the patch even when you know it's bugged. This will make getting to the end of sim much more difficult for me due to the IM40 cost. I understand that everyone is in the same boat but because RNGesus distributes covers differently for different players not everyone will be as dependent on IM40. I will be very disappointed if this stops me getting the medusa cover (I know I should have hit progression earlier but, y'know, real life...) and if, heaven forbid, there was some kind of compensation precedent suggests it would be sporadically applied, late and also RNG dependent.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also like how DDQ's 1* node takes forever now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

OK....first of all, this is not against you Brigby, I know that you write what that Devs are asking you to do...

but don't get us fooled: THIS IS NOT A BUG....THIS IS A TEST FOR A MASSIVE REBALANCING CHARACTERS
    and the main goal is nerfing IM40 icon_evil.gif

What is wrong with you Devs? As soon as we get an useful character, you feel the need to nerf it? icon_e_sad.gif
    First there were Thoress and XFWolverine....then goes the Mag2-Mystique combo.....more recently you tried to break Charlie's Angels by overpowering Prof X blue so those who have maxed him cannot use the trio...
    and now you set your sight on IM40? This is not fair, because IM40 is the most useful character for those in the
    4 star.png transiction that not have an OML/Phoenix usable duo (thanx to RNG on classic Legends).

So, how long it will take to the R118 patch? two weeks? more time?
    And what about if we players decide to stop spending a single cent in the game as long as it will not be fixed?
    Is this fair enough?

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Making the red/yellow AP boosts free would help alleviate some of the pain here, Brigby. Seems like that would be a server side change. They're 100 iso, so it's not like you're losing money.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    Should they be better at testing? Of course. If this a game-breaking bug? Absolutely not. I'll enjoy the two weeks in which I see slightly different teams. I'll enjoy the increased playability of a few characters and slightly lament an IM40 who is very slightly reduced in facility.
    I started using luke cage, iron fist, and scarlet witch pink-->black then have Luke knock errybody out
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't hide it, it's a sneaky nerf! icon_lol.gif

Thx for the notice.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Xzasxz wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Seriously? Don't You feel the necessity to fix it ASAP? IMO it would be even better to roll-back to previous version than leave it as it is for unknown period.
    Don't be silly, this bug is really minor. There were issues in the past with crashing the whole game or even constantly unable to start it. Once I couldn't play for a month (the game crashed every time while starting) and there were a lot of players in the same situation. And devs corrected this two patches (month) later.

This bug doesn't prevent playing or doesn't crash the game, so don't expect they will do more than in case of critical issues...

And I believe those 2 weeks period between patches is not quite dependent on devs but the stores who are providing the application.

But the fix delivery is not a main problem, the problem is in lack of basic testing before releasing new version. They should change their processes because this is unbelievable what's happening with every patch...
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    Don't be silly, this bug is really minor. There were issues in the past with crashing the whole game or even constantly unable to start it. Once I couldn't play for a month (the game crashed every time while starting) and there were a lot of players in the same situation. And devs corrected this two patches (month) later.
    Minor bug would be for example some visual effects broken like banner not appearing or showing wrong text. Or heroes put alphabetically instead of by levels. What we have now is not a minor bug. It's not critical maybe, but not minor either. And influences (in different degrees) all the players. Should not be treated lightly like this.
    smoq84 wrote:
    But the fix delivery is not a main problem, the problem is in lack of basic testing before releasing new version. They should change their processes because this is unbelievable what's happening with every patch...
    It comes together. If they are not able to provide good testing, should be able/prepared to deliver fixes ASAP.
    This bug concerns only 1 star.png - 3 star.png rosters. It doesn't affect whales as much as f2p or low-spenders that much. Just curious, if it were some kind of bug affecting 5 star.png rosters, would it be treated same way?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only character it really effects negatively in regular play is IM40. And sure, it sucks that it happens when he's boosted, but after Friday it's no longer an issue.

Juggernaut is slowed down, and when you spend most of your time fighting him instead of using him, that's a good thing.
    OBW is now really over powered since you can crank her purple up to 5 covers and it still only costs 5AP.
    Ares only costs 1 point more, and you want more green than just 6 anyway to make it effective.
    NMag's blue is cheaper, clear a whole board for 6 blue AP. His red is way cheaper, gather a 5x5 block of AP for 8 red AP.
    Bagman's abilities are.....who even cares?
    GSBW's red and green are cheaper.
    And yeah, Miles Morales' purple is 1 purple more expensive right before he's boosted, so that kinda sucks.

so tell me again why this is some massive horrible thing? Most of the characters *benefit* from this. We only really notice IM40 because he's the AP accellerator we all like using.
  • Mechahamster
    Options
    We only really notice IM40 because he's the AP accellerator we all like using.

Seems like you answered your own question there. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just wait until OBW makes an appearance again, stealing away Jugs red and green. Its going to end up the longest fight of the lot at this rate.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is more than a bit of a joke that it wont be sorted until the next main patch. This should have been an instant fix, it causes so many problems.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options

On the upside, you can use someone else (anyone now). I'm thinking on trying out Spider Man.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm trying to decide what's worse.

The current trend of patches/events not being fully vetted and breaking things every other week.

Or back in 2014 when I started playing and "Check Internet Connection" because the servers puked was a nightly thing.

Yeah, I think I'd rather play a stable game with a bi-weekly curve ball.
  • RhodeyWM
    RhodeyWM Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Some of the abilities have reduced costs, but same power. So I honestly doubt there will be any compensation.

Yes, IM40's yellow costs 2 more. But OBW's purple costs 3 less, and GSBW's green costs 4 less. So if nothing else, it'll cause people to maybe change up their teams for a bit. Consider it an unexpected roster reshuffle. icon_razz.gif

That doesnt matter if you don't use the characters that have the advantage.
  • Mechahamster
    Options
    waywreth wrote:

On the upside, you can use someone else (anyone now). I'm thinking on trying out Spider Man.

Having to build a new 1* is an upside now? icon_lol.gif