Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so recharge now cost the same as the console version....fun
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would have been nice a few days ago when I was getting headbutted to death in pve :p
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question: Given that the R117 thread seems to suggest the only actual change in the patch is something exceptionally minor, would it not have been prudent to postpone its release seeing as how the negative effects on gameplay far outweigh the positive benefit to what the patch brings us?

If you give me a box of chocolates with every other chocolate having a live spider in it, I'd rather just not have the box of chocolates 8I
  • SummerGlau
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Kinda Funny That Every Character in both the console and ftp version now has the same power costs as in the console version

Bravo devs for starting the New Year with yet another screw up
    O8t432mZ.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    pheregas wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    So does that meanb R117 is a legitimately released by the devs or was this a beta patch that wasn't supposed to go live in the store?

specifically do you want us to wait on updates or update now?

please advise

This is a very important question!

I haven't updated yet and am frankly afraid to.
    R117 is an official patch that the developers have released. It did unfortunately contain this minor gameplay issue, however it certainly was not an accidental patch.

On a personal note, I previously worked in Quality Assurance for the games industry. I've seen some pretty weird bugs occur out of nowhere, particularly in PVP, only to find out I was on an older build compared to my coworkers. The second I updated to the same build as them, the bug was completely gone. In my opinion, I'd recommend updating, so you're on the same patch as everyone else.

Thanks for the update Brigby. While I appreciate the QA angle of it, I'm going to hold off on updating as my r116 IM40 operates normally.

I'll update when I am forced to. IM40 is just to valuable and while the bug is in play, if I have to fight against a Peggy, IM40 will be useless.

I'm actually done with Thanos PVP so I have nothing to lose in that regard until I start the Daredevil event.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Feel free to leave 5-rank Magnetic Flux at 8AP hotdog.png
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    How much you wanna bet only the Villains with now reduced Power costs are in the last two parts of ISO-8 Brotherhood and not Juggernaut
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It must be difficult to constantly have to keep relighting torches and sharpening pitchforks.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The patch just updated on my phone on its own. I didn't have any option to do it it just downloaded in the background.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, since we're piling on:
    - let's go back before the anniversary event when people weren't getting Facebook rewards for about a week. All tickets submitted were informed 'it is an known game wide issue and compensation will be given to everyone' and closed. Then, blame was shifted to the Facebook interface and no rewards were given.
    - then during the anniversary event, two of the three 'buttons' during the Devil Dino PVP weren't giving out rewards, like the first time Black Vortex PVP came up. Again, all tickets submitted were informed 'it is an known game wide issue and compensation will be given to everyone' and closed. Nothing ever came up from that one
    - now, the five star Hulk deal. It was ORIGINALLY STATED if you HAD the power, whether you played or not, you would be compensated. Again again, all tickets submitted were informed 'it is an known game wide issue and compensation will be given to everyone' and closed. Some people received their free Naughty or Nice token with the message 'here's for the problem with the Hulk power' others did not. Now, the verbiage has changed to 'you only get compensation if you played with the broken power'

I don't think it's crazy or that any of us are asking for the world, heck, mistakes, bugs, kerfluffles happen all the time. It's the acknowledgment of the problem, promises made and nothing followed up on that's getting worrisome. If they just came out and said 'problems happen, deal with it' I think some might appreciate the honesty.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    and here I thought that the cost of Juggs abilities would only be raised by 1...little did I knew both would cap at 10AP http://imgur.com/a/dfOxv

not to mention the 8AP on IM, one of the most used chars battery-wise :-/

holy wow, how did this even make it past QA? did nobody bothered to verify on the test servers if anything was broken after the patch was applied before it went live?

but hey, at least it's good to know the goon's ability cost remained the same icon_e_biggrin.gif

*Removed Profanity*
    - Brigby
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    So I just spoke with the team regarding build discrepancies, and any potential issues that might occur should players choose to not update.

Turns out that after a certain period of time, the game actually forces players to update by preventing them from entering the game unless they do so. I would imagine that fail-safe was implemented because there would be some pretty bad issues that occur otherwise.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, is the AI version of the heroes having the same bug?
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    tph_james wrote:
    So, is the AI version of the heroes having the same bug?

Ares Does
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    Talk about a tradeoff though The Deadpool Essential node (where I used IM40) was slightly harder, but the Colossus node (where I use SW and GS Black Widow) is slightly easier
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    So I just spoke with the team regarding build discrepancies, and any potential issues that might occur should players choose to not update.

Turns out that after a certain period of time, the game actually forces players to update by preventing them from entering the game unless they do so. I would imagine that fail-safe was implemented because there would be some pretty bad issues that occur otherwise.

We are aware. Hopefully this is something that can be hotfixed and we don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed. Thank you for the information and updates.
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    On the App Store the update lists "character balance changes" as part of the update. No character balance changes are listed in the r117 patch notes.

From my experience with this app, these forums, and the disconnects between d3 and demiurge, I'm concerned that this "bug" will turn out to be intended.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if you goto the bug forum. There is a thread about the yellow IM problem. Apparently, someone has posted a suggested change to your ipad's parental restrictions. Not sure how that affects the auto update process. in any case go read the thread in the bug forum to make sure your update on proposed work arounds.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We all clearly love this game or we wouldn't keep banging our head against the wall. That being said, i used to be a software developer and on a personal note, I would be personally embarrassed to release a product with this kind of a problem. Clearly no testing is done on any existing code before new code is released. They must just barely test the new stuff and send it out. Every character should be played and and played against and all powers used before a new release. Now you wouldn't necessarily have to do every character against every character but at least play each one through a match. That would be my minimum testing before a release. This is so programming 101, but clearly that is not even considered when they do things.
  • jdjdmxka
    Options
    on the plus side, gsbw's sniper now only costs 15ap (but still has the full 19ap aoe effect)