Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    waywreth wrote:
    I also like how DDQ's 1* node takes forever now.

On the upside, you can use someone else (anyone now). I'm thinking on trying out Spider Man.

Having to build a new 1* is an upside now? icon_lol.gif

A new 1 star.png who is affected by this very bug, no less icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played Mags, Storm, OBW in the 2* DDQ nodes today and they clobbered them. Might as well use the good parts of the bug.

Of course I usually play IM40 in the Big Enchilada so there's the bad too. I have Storm and IM35 to help Jugs in the 1* node so that wasn't too bad.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please try to fix the crashes while you're at it. It's been months and I still get them at least twice a day.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have to say that I was pleased that the bug affects jugs as it made a really hard battle a lot easier to win against the AI didn't really notice the other ones TBH
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we get a few standard tokens as compensation?
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

*Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.

You mean we have to wait until R118 to get a fix for severely broken characters in the game? How.... is this not more of a priority??

That's really messed up guys. I tried to refuse the update, but the game froze when I did, so I am now forced to play a game with one of my main characters broken AND I have to wait who knows how long until the next update is released?

What's really unfair is there's no accountability. I've put waaay more money into this game than I have any other by far, and broken updates and a lax attitude about fixing problems is not what I or any other supporter should be getting in return.

I suppose that's what I'd do if I were ya'll too. I'd totally milk the cow for as long as I could on my terms - especially if my bottom line never changes. I mean, why not, right?

I have no outlet except to come to the forums and voice my opinion, which may or may not even matter to ya'll based on actions taken. I don't feel like there's any way to hold you accountable except if I just stop playing the game altogether, but at this point I've already spent so much money, it'd seem like too much of a waste. So I lose either way.

Compensation doesn't really help either. On the rare occasion there is compensation, it's usually a heroic token which isn't really useful to me, or comparative to what I lost as a result of the bug. I'd much rather have a solid play experience.

If a game update is broken, roll it back. If you can't roll it back, fix the problem AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - don't just brush it off until the next routine update like it's not a serious issue. These things will keep players coming and staying. As much as I've spent on this game, even I will run out of patience at some point. I can't play a game where I regularly pay money, and regularly have a bad experience.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to say something....
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only character it really effects negatively in regular play is IM40. And sure, it sucks that it happens when he's boosted, but after Friday it's no longer an issue.

Juggernaut is slowed down, and when you spend most of your time fighting him instead of using him, that's a good thing.
    OBW is now really over powered since you can crank her purple up to 5 covers and it still only costs 5AP.
    Ares only costs 1 point more, and you want more green than just 6 anyway to make it effective.
    NMag's blue is cheaper, clear a whole board for 6 blue AP. His red is way cheaper, gather a 5x5 block of AP for 8 red AP.
    Bagman's abilities are.....who even cares?
    GSBW's red and green are cheaper.
    And yeah, Miles Morales' purple is 1 purple more expensive right before he's boosted, so that kinda sucks.

so tell me again why this is some massive horrible thing? Most of the characters *benefit* from this. We only really notice IM40 because he's the AP accellerator we all like using.

This. It sucks for me that IM40 needs another 2 AP but let's face it: 6AP to generate the amount of red, blue, green AND purple AP he's generating is ... generous. It has resulted in people using him like a crutch in battles.

So let's just all take a breather and look for new strategies and teams to play with. It's not the end of the world. You might find more interesting/fun combinations of characters to play with.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was pretty annoyed at this bug until I used OBW tonight to clear PVE. Hid her behind my champed Electra and the other team never got off a single power. Two purple matches and the patience to wait to use her purple power until the other team finally got enough AP to fire a power and she is pretty much a self sustaining battery that drains all enemy AP. No health packs used and I check marked everything.

The rare bug that actually works out in the users favor. Sure IM40 is slightly less shiny but OBW just became OPW!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I look forward to our 2* compensation for this.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I look forward to our 2* compensation for this.
    But to quote D3...
    Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

And this normally equates out to D3 believing Compensate Everybody = Compensate Nobody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXCCBmTvBI
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we get an official comment on exactly what we need to do to get compensation when its due?

I presume based upon the Hulk debacle we need to play with the broken characters - presumably wiping while using them is sufficient since some are now so broken that's a decent probability - rather than do the rational thing and switch teams to ones that aren't broken?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,344 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe that there should be an in-game announcement about the bug. The most effected users have earlier 1/2/3* rosters and may be less likely than others to be visiting this forum. It seems like good service to tell people the devs are aware of the issue. Obviously it is less exciting than a positive change, but it will be with us for another 1 1/2 weeks.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It staggers me that this is the 117th iteration of the code, over 2+ years, and that bugs affecting long-settled functionality still get introduced without warning or even a hint that they get caught in (non-existent?!?) testing. And then just shrugged off as, "Yup, we broke it. It'll get fixed in a couple weeks."

Retirement looms for me, I think.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    Can we get an official comment on exactly what we need to do to get compensation when its due?

I assume the answer will boil down to "play a game whose developers will compensate you for their screwups."
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Juggernaut is slowed down, and when you spend most of your time fighting him instead of using him, that's a good thing.

OBW is now really over powered since you can crank her purple up to 5 covers and it still only costs 5AP.

NMag's blue is cheaper, clear a whole board for 6 blue AP. His red is way cheaper, gather a 5x5 block of AP for 8 red AP.

Taking full advantage of these right now. I'm blowing up entire boards left and right with 2Mags. I was able to use OBW to take down 5 stars from retal nodes in DD PVP and Shield Simulator (OML lvl 360 / DD (Prof X in shield Sim) / OBW ). Keep enemies AP count below minimum for all powers and you just let OML take any match damage. Yes, it's not shield hopping fast but just fun to mess around with. Totally enjoying this "glitch". Haven't really depended on techniques like Winfinite or IM40/Thoress or IM40/Lazy Cap for months, and a widely built roster can help weather the week and a half until the next update with negligible effect on personal in-game progress.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Taking full advantage of these right now. I'm blowing up entire boards left and right with 2Mags. I was able to use OBW to take down 5 stars from retal nodes in DD PVP and Shield Simulator (OML lvl 360 / DD (Prof X in shield Sim) / OBW ). Keep enemies AP count below minimum for all powers and you just let OML take any match damage. Yes, it's not shield hopping fast but just fun to mess around with. Totally enjoying this "glitch". Haven't really depended on techniques like Winfinite or IM40/Thoress or IM40/Lazy Cap for months, and a widely built roster can help weather the week and a half until the next update with negligible effect on personal in-game progress.

Furthering this, I'd be perfectly fine with this bug being permanent. OBW/2Mags are ruthless now.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Furthering this, I'd be perfectly fine with this bug being permanent. OBW/2Mags are ruthless now.

Except that the problem is far more widespread. BSS's passive is broken and acting as if it's at 1 cover regardless of how many you have. It's something more deep, and they need to fix it asap.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    Except that the problem is far more widespread. BSS's passive is broken and acting as if it's at 1 cover regardless of how many you have. It's something more deep, and they need to fix it asap.

Sounds like the same thing is happening to Quake Yellow.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    BSS's passive is broken and acting as if it's at 1 cover regardless of how many you have. It's something more deep, and they need to fix it asap.

I'll assume you are referring to the enemy special tile damage mitigation aspect of BSS's purple and not the going invisible when enemy is stunned part, bc that was working fine when I fought him today. I agree that it does need to get fixed if this glitch is patch 117 related, but asap for them probably means the regularly scheduled 118 patch update.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    they don't care, but they are listening!