Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, since we're piling on:
    - let's go back before the anniversary event when people weren't getting Facebook rewards for about a week. All tickets submitted were informed 'it is an known game wide issue and compensation will be given to everyone' and closed. Then, blame was shifted to the Facebook interface and no rewards were given.
    - then during the anniversary event, two of the three 'buttons' during the Devil Dino PVP weren't giving out rewards, like the first time Black Vortex PVP came up. Again, all tickets submitted were informed 'it is an known game wide issue and compensation will be given to everyone' and closed. Nothing ever came up from that one
    - now, the five star Hulk deal. It was ORIGINALLY STATED if you HAD the power, whether you played or not, you would be compensated. Again again, all tickets submitted were informed 'it is an known game wide issue and compensation will be given to everyone' and closed. Some people received their free Naughty or Nice token with the message 'here's for the problem with the Hulk power' others did not. Now, the verbiage has changed to 'you only get compensation if you played with the broken power'

I don't think it's crazy or that any of us are asking for the world, heck, mistakes, bugs, kerfluffles happen all the time. It's the acknowledgment of the problem, promises made and nothing followed up on that's getting worrisome. If they just came out and said 'problems happen, deal with it' I think some might appreciate the honesty.
    There was also the most recent holiday event where Galactus wouldn't unlock for people multiple times in multiple rounds.
    That was more to complete the list and not out of wont to pile on, but the QA related suggestion to just update anyways to a known buggy build is sorta outlandish.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ugh, my app auto updated when I wasn't looking and was on WiFi and plugged in... The horror!
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    BigRussian wrote:
    Ugh, my app auto updated when I wasn't looking and was on WiFi and plugged in... The horror!
    Auto update has been turned off on my tablet for a couple of years now. Guess which app made me do this!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The one time I forget to check the forums before updating... icon_cry.gif
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    xidragonxi wrote:
    The patch just updated on my phone on its own. I didn't have any option to do it it just downloaded in the background.

Same for my tablet (Android)...so we had no chance to decide to upgrade or not....

...And now we have a new character release and a major BUG that effects some of our favourite characters:
    instead of focus to releasing more characters, FIRST FIX THIS BROKEN GAME! icon_evil.gif

BY THE WAY, we haven't get any compensation for the Hulk and Galactus bugs from last years
    (just a reminder icon_rolleyes.gif )

Happy new year, MPQ! (insert sarcasm)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    An unrelated but pressing matter: when will the promised compensation be given out for the Banner/Hulk bug?
    If you had played a game with The Hulk (Bruce Banner) with a point(s) in his ability, The Other Guy, then to my knowledge those players should have already been provided a token of appreciation for their patience.
    GreenyBoy wrote:
    Should we expect a compensation like 5* hulk bug or Galactus bug?
    I'm sorry, but as of right now, I do not have enough information to say whether there will be compensation for this ability cost issue or not.

I have a Banner/Hulk with the correct cover. We were told in your announcement (including the in game one) that everyone with that cover would be compensated.

Are you now telling us that because I didn't play a seed match with a character whose only relevant power was disabled, I won't get anything?

That's messed up.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    as mentioned many other times, stuff happens. bad stuff happens more often, it seems. That is not at all upsetting...

what is upsetting? that no one seems to care. Again with zero testing, nothing big (yet) changed in a good way... yet popular characters are broken. CS makes you go back-and-forth a few times, and then they give you the generic "we are aware of the problem, it affects everyone" response. At some point, the developers need to come out, admit their faults, admit that they might have skipped a few programming classes where debugging was the main focus. I will never expect compensation, so I am not sharpening my pitch fork for that. I just want someone to say "I made a mistake" rather than "yea yea yea, we know something messed up, we will get to it..."

push back the release date of the next 4* (Carol Danvers) until this is fixed. That way, at least we see that proper programming and customer relations is more important than your next attempt at cash grab.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m very much appreciative that we’re all human and mistakes happen. And that the acknowledgement of the problem on that same day it happened is sometimes all you can ask for.

That said, I’ve got to side-eye them when I submit an in-game ticket saying that the 117 update on iOS is causing an issue with my characters, and the eventual “resolution” response is that “the developers are aware of this issue, and a fix for this issue is set to be released in R117”.

Ah, form letters…. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The one time I forget to check the forums before updating... icon_cry.gif

Meh, most of it is 1-2* characters, and even then only IM40 really hurts the players.

OBW now steals 24AP for 5, and 2* Mag grabs up to 25AP for 8. Not quite as good as the targeted color adding of IM40, but plenty productive nonetheless.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ladies and Gents,
    They know they need more testing. They don't want to lose players. Maybe we should tame down the complaining and concentrate on the positives.
    They continually come to the forums to show they are working on solutions. This is better than many games do. Any bug or issue can be worked around as long as we help each other.
    If you didn't get compensation for an issue previously, the Banner issue gave a 2* token (it's good enough and not worth steaming about missing it). Please do not feel it is OK to ask for compensation for this new bug. Besides, you likely DID get the Banner comp since it looked like a quick reward from the intercepts, and I almost missed it as well.

Let's play around any issues this new year and just enjoy one of the best games ever.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Ladies and Gents,
    They know they need more testing. They don't want to lose players. Maybe we should tame down the complaining and concentrate on the positives.

Maybe if they know they need more testing and don't want to lose players they should do some freaking testing. At this rate it's only a matter of time before they push an update with a bug severe enough to actually kill somebody's phone/tablet.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Frankly, Recharge is still totally usable at 8 AP.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Besides, you likely DID get the Banner comp since it looked like a quick reward from the intercepts, and I almost missed it as well.

How can anyone miss the big splash page that something akin to "Sorry the the 5* Hulk crash bug"

They had an error in their apology for an error.

Yo dawg, I heard you like errors....
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've dropped my rating in the google app store down to 1* and added a review explaining that it's because of the buggy releases & events. Maybe if they start seeing their rating go down the people who make the budget decisions will get serious about testing.

(I'm already not spending more money on the game until QA improves, so this was the only other change I could make.)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AP costs being messed up is an annoyance, sure. Yes, it recharge at 8 versus 6 isn't the end of the world. But, for the people that think that is where the outrage is coming from, they've missed the the boat. This is about the game feeling perpetually broken. When an update rolls around, I often wonder what won't work. It isn't a question of if something broke or not, I automatically assume something won't be working properly.

But, the last straw is the broken promises without any response. Sure, you can say "we're listening." And you probably are. You can say, "we understand that you feel too much like players are unpaid beta testers." And, you probably do understand that too. The problem is, you don't do anything about it. You can hear what we're saying, but it ultimately doesn't matter if it goes continually ignored. Nothing changes. We still are your beta testers. This much is obvious. And you can say you don't want us to feel that way all day long. It becomes meaningless.

Now, I know you've taken a lot of flak for being too quiet. But, I also don't think we should need to coddle you and remain silent about legitimate issues lest you run away. Something needs to change.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Besides, you likely DID get the Banner comp since it looked like a quick reward from the intercepts, and I almost missed it as well.

How can anyone miss the big splash page that something akin to "Sorry the the 5* Hulk crash bug"

They had an error in their apology for an error.

Yo dawg, I heard you like errors....
    so I put an error in that statement, so you can have a statement about errors while we make errors in our statements.

or something like that
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Ladies and Gents,
    They continually come to the forums to show they are working on solutions. This is better than many games do. Any bug or issue can be worked around as long as we help each other.
    If you didn't get compensation for an issue previously, the Banner issue gave a 2* token (it's good enough and not worth steaming about missing it). Please do not feel it is OK to ask for compensation for this new bug. Besides, you likely DID get the Banner comp since it looked like a quick reward from the intercepts, and I almost missed it as well.

Let's play around any issues this new year and just enjoy one of the best games ever.
    So far they know that EVERY update is buggy... and it's always because it needed more testing... so why not change the update schedule to an update every 3 weeks, or an update every month, to guarantee testing time, reduce the buggy releases, and bring character rollout to a reasonable time frame?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Ladies and Gents,

I understand what you're saying, but there is a level of frustration with the repeated (and seemingly stoppable) errors.

Is this is one of the best games ever or could it have been? Is it because of the game or the fact that it's Marvel? I think that's at the heart of much of the anger expressed.

Marvel is one of the premiere entertainment properties in the world and this game just falls short of the expectations of quality. Why it does, we don't know. Are they overwhelmed and understaffed? Probably, but all we know is what we see in the game and here on the boards and that leaves many of feeling that they just don't care enough to do a better job. It seems so easy to do better. Is it really? Again, we don't know, but testing can't be *that* hard, and yet ... They don't.

Additionally, Marvel, to many of us, is more than just another fandom, it's meaningful. Many of us read about these characters late at night, staying up well past our bedtimes, holding a small flashlight under the covers. Some discovered them later, but there was something that *resonated* with them. That gives us a more passionate feeling about anything that touches them - movies, games, etc. We *care*. And that's a good thing (mostly). And here at MPQ it feels like something we care about isn't given the attention it deserves. In fact, it's being so poorly cared for something is always broken, and something that needn't have broken at all if they'd just put in what appears to be a baseline effort.

So, beyond the expectation that a game (that many have paid money for) should work more often than not and that the players who make the game possible shouldn't be ignored when something goes wrong, there's the Marvel Factor. I used to think the people behind the game were fans. Now, I'm starting think they're secret DC fans out to sabotage Marvel! Okay, not really. But it sure does seem like they're are either unable or unwilling to do better.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We all clearly love this game or we wouldn't keep banging our head against the wall. That being said, i used to be a software developer and on a personal note, I would be personally embarrassed to release a product with this kind of a problem. Clearly no testing is done on any existing code before new code is released. They must just barely test the new stuff and send it out. Every character should be played and and played against and all powers used before a new release. Now you wouldn't necessarily have to do every character against every character but at least play each one through a match. That would be my minimum testing before a release. This is so programming 101, but clearly that is not even considered when they do things.
    careful.
    merely implying that the devs are incompetent and/or lazy will result in a forum warning, because trolling/flaming.
    oh that irony.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think its pretty awesome to take Peggy against Juggs to see headbutt cost 13ap. Sure, this is another bug, but its not the worst one. Just some poor timing with them being out for the holidays.
    At first it looked like they snuck in a nerf when the patch said character balances, which would be worthy of some ire. This is not that