Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm guessing a platform release means going through some vetting at Apple, etc. No idea how long that delays things, but hopefully they can expedite this faster than the usual cycle.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well the game offered me the chance to review it right after my one star ddq level took way too long to do so they got a one star review for the current version.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just don't get why they have to wait so long to update it. I play tons of games and when there are bugs they push out the new release as fast as possible.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TeamStewie wrote:
    I just don't get why they have to wait so long to update it. I play tons of games and when there are bugs they push out the new release as fast as possible.
    Apple.
    You get to fast track one patch lifetime, after that it's the regular review process, which takes quite a while.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I am enjoying pairing enemies against themselves. That is kinda fun.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Can anyone else check Punmax blue passive. I think it is bugged as well.

http://imgur.com/a/RITi8 is the in game power at 5 (Strikes should be 327 when created without passive)

25% of 327 is 81.75. The strike tiles should then be strength 408.75

http://imgur.com/a/wCDAn is the strike tile in game. The increase is 26. Which I think is around 10% increase.

Just tested in LR and power was suppose to put strength 154 strike tiles. On board they show as 166. So a 7% increase in strength and not the 25%. An Alliance member is using Punman and his passive is not working at all.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A pop up today said there was "great news" cos the game had an update and then i was forced to update it. And now i read we have to wait for R118 for the fix.

"Great news" indeed.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's funny how swiftly they can fix things that break in the players favor, remember that Gauntlet run where Hulkbuster was boosted an additional 100 levels? That was hot fixed in hours....

Something breaks that cripples a staple character for many, see you in 2 weeks!

Ps. Have they isolated the locked character bug? Currently we can use the same characters the ai is using
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I could get used to 2* Widow stealing 4 of everything for 5 purple. That's not overpowered at all... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    It's funny how swiftly they can fix things that break in the players favor, remember that Gauntlet run where Hulkbuster was boosted an additional 100 levels? That was hot fixed in hours....

Ps. Have they isolated the locked character bug? Currently we can use the same characters the ai is using

It's a little different. I imagine that's something that happens on the server side, it looks at your character and levels it up according to calculations on their end. This is something within the code on the client's side and requires everyone to update their installation...meaning a patch.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

It's a little different. I imagine that's something that happens on the server side, it looks at your character and levels it up according to calculations on their end. This is something within the code on the client's side and requires everyone to update their installation...meaning a patch.
    Alternatively they should push everyone BACK to R116
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Alternatively they should push everyone BACK to R116

I think R117 has code for the new 4* Character which is why I don't think they can revert back.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that's TWO problems that reverting would solve, then.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The sad thing is IM 40 is powered up right now and you know people want to use him. Oh and against Peggy Carter it gets worse.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, thought recharge at 8 ap wouldn't be a big, but those little 2.points make a HUGE difference especially when Hood/villains during the 3 and 4 clears.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should they be better at testing? Of course. If this a game-breaking bug? Absolutely not. I'll enjoy the two weeks in which I see slightly different teams. I'll enjoy the increased playability of a few characters and slightly lament an IM40 who is very slightly reduced in facility.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you are going to consistently break the game with every patch. How about removing the mandatory update feature or at least extend it until the next patch comes out. I could be playing with a correct and working version of the game and had been until tonight when the **** skip button disappeared. Or even better stop breaking it...
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you are going to consistently break the game with every patch. How about removing the mandatory update feature or at least extend it until the next patch comes out. I could be playing with a correct and working version of the game and had been until tonight when the tinykitty skip button disappeared. Or even better stop breaking it...

I usually wait as long as possible to update to make sure there are no really egregious bugs rolled out. This time I managed to wait until it forced the update this evening. I do wish that I could choose whether or not to update at least one version to the next, although that would mean that early adopters are at an even bigger disadvantage when something goes terribly wrong.

We are definitely the play testers despite assurances to the contrary made in this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55284

That isn't a game breaker for me, still like the game but it is a bit irritating that these relatively easy to spot bugs aren't caught before rollout.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thankfully, I can hide Fishnet Black Widow behind other characters on Hood levels to counter-steal on the cheap and not risk her fragile health pool.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.

OK....first of all, this is not against you Brigby, I know that you write what that Devs are asking you to do...

but don't get us fooled: THIS IS NOT A BUG....THIS IS A TEST FOR A MASSIVE REBALANCING CHARACTERS
    and the main goal is nerfing IM40 icon_evil.gif

What is wrong with you Devs? As soon as we get an useful character, you feel the need to nerf it? icon_e_sad.gif
    First there were Thoress and XFWolverine....then goes the Mag2-Mystique combo.....more recently you tried to break Charlie's Angels by overpowering Prof X blue so those who have maxed him cannot use the trio...
    and now you set your sight on IM40? This is not fair, because IM40 is the most useful character for those in the
    4 star.png transiction that not have an OML/Phoenix usable duo (thanx to RNG on classic Legends).

So, how long it will take to the R118 patch? two weeks? more time?
    And what about if we players decide to stop spending a single cent in the game as long as it will not be fixed?
    Is this fair enough?