Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options

Comments

• Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    These "known issue" threads surely seem to be the popular fashion trend for this winter season... icon_lol.gif
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM40's Yellow was particularly **** inducing when initially dealing with rounds with The Hood and thinking, "Is this dude stealing more than usual?" Then going to a round without hood, getting six twice yellows, then looking and thinking, "did they add an app steal to Juggernaut? Make Moonstone even more annoying? Nope".
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Personally, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Sniper Rifle. Drop a few deceptive tactics and WHAM WHAM match over. Good thing I'm focused on the simulator right now!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    when is r118 scheduled to come out?
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would assume it's on the same timeline as the other releases so sometime next Tuesday (January 10)
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:
    I would assume it's on the same timeline as the other releases so sometime next Tuesday (January 10)

icon_eek.gificon_e_sad.gificon_mad.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Ladies and Gents,
    They know they need more testing. They don't want to lose players. Maybe we should tame down the complaining and concentrate on the positives.
    They continually come to the forums to show they are working on solutions. This is better than many games do. Any bug or issue can be worked around as long as we help each other.
    If you didn't get compensation for an issue previously, the Banner issue gave a 2* token (it's good enough and not worth steaming about missing it). Please do not feel it is OK to ask for compensation for this new bug. Besides, you likely DID get the Banner comp since it looked like a quick reward from the intercepts, and I almost missed it as well.

Let's play around any issues this new year and just enjoy one of the best games ever.
    So far they know that EVERY update is buggy... and it's always because it needed more testing... so why not change the update schedule to an update every 3 weeks, or an update every month, to guarantee testing time, reduce the buggy releases, and bring character rollout to a reasonable time frame?

One gue$$
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,341 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually, major updates are every two weeks. Last one was Dec 19. So two weeks from yesterday (1/3) should be 1/17 for R118.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Darn. The Professor X, Nick Fury, Grey Suit Widow mission is going to be more dangerous this time [in Deadpool vs Heroes].
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So we will have to play " deadpool vs MPQ " while the bug is still active?
    Thank you devs, this is the best way to introduce a new character icon_redface.gif
    BRAVO icon_evil.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    So much for waiting out the fix, game forced me to update or not play.

I bet there never will be a glitch where the game won't take my money lol.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf wrote:
    Actually, major updates are every two weeks. Last one was Dec 19. So two weeks from yesterday (1/3) should be 1/17 for R118.

Wonderful. Even longer than I thought. Sure would be nice if they would disable the "force you to update garbage". Just got the "Good news! An update is available" force on my device. So the good news I is I can install a bugged update? icon_rolleyes.gif yay...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.
    That will take some time, won't it? It's more than annoying because a lot of my success in the game depends on IM40's Recharge (and I'm certain that I'm not the only player who feels that way). To deal with +2 yellow AP for a few weeks is a huge disadvantage especially if you want to grind in PVE or to score high in PVP!
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Once again, a new update has caused bugs in existing functionality. May I suggest that the dev/QA team brush up on something called regression testing? You can't just test the new functionality - you have to make sure that existing functionality is still working as designed. This is Testing 101. Sheesh.

I will continue to leave a 1 star review for this app because of the repeated bugs. It's really unprofessional! Marvel should be embarrassed to have their name attached to this product.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    R118...and yet Star Lord was patched to be less OP IN LESS THAN A DAY. Funny how the timetable works around these parts.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Okay, so apparently this issue was simple enough to fix within 24 hours of identification. Had there been any time allotted for testing, it would have been a fairly simple matter to simply add the fix to R117 before pushing it out the door. But since Demiurge doesn't test its code, we're instead stuck using bugged version of the game for two weeks, before R118 fixes this and adds new and exciting errors instead (maybe all active red powers will heal the other team instead of hurting them, or characters with the letter "R" in their name will crash the game when they make a match). That is insane. I've already switched my review of the game to a 1/5, but is there contact info for D3?
  • Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    And now it won't let me play without updating. This should be turned off until fixed.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hot fixes exist right? Is there any urgency to put out the fires? It's worse to tell us that you found the solution but you're not gonna do anything about it for what we assume is 2 weeks.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You forgot the "And compensation for this will be issued tomorrow as an apology for our negligence and to ensure you, our playerbase, that we do care about these times."
    Well we know that's not going to happen.
    Who remembers when the developer's would readily take accountability for their screw ups. IRC, the second anniversary debacle was the end of that.