Known Issue: Increased Ability Costs *Updated (1/4/17)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS wrote:
    but don't get us fooled: THIS IS NOT A BUG....THIS IS A TEST FOR A MASSIVE REBALANCING CHARACTERS
    and the main goal is nerfing IM40 icon_evil.gif

Have...have you seen what IM40 used to be? Are you asserting that they want to roll back to that?

And even were that the goal, why break so many other characters in the game just to achieve that goal? Their recent rebalances have been one or two at a time for that very reason. Do you really think it's likely that they'd break a dozen characters deliberately just to hide a stealth nerf for IM40? Especially when the only way to obscure that goal long-term would be to leave all of those other characters broken (and, in the case of 2* Widow and Magneto, quite possibly OP for their tier)?

Deep breaths. Gonna be okay.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    BSS's passive is broken and acting as if it's at 1 cover regardless of how many you have. It's something more deep, and they need to fix it asap.

I'll assume you are referring to the enemy special tile damage mitigation aspect of BSS's purple and not the going invisible when enemy is stunned part, bc that was working fine when I fought him today. I agree that it does need to get fixed if this glitch is patch 117 related, but asap for them probably means the regularly scheduled 118 patch update.

Well, the invisibility aspect doesn't change with the power's level, so technically it is behaving as if it's at 1 cover.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, the invisibility aspect doesn't change with the power's level, so technically it is behaving as if it's at 1 cover.

Reading comprehension, not my strong suit.
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The ability cost for IM40 was fixed but is now broken again. The daily fixes are now becoming hot unfixes. Ugg.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The ability cost for IM40 was fixed but is now broken again. The daily fixes are now becoming hot unfixes. Ugg.

The person responsible for sacking the previous writers of the hotfix has been sacked.

(Also, just as an fyi -- every time I read your forum name, I sing it to the tune of "Death Valley 69". Very entertaining!)
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I say this is overall a win for the players in terms of functional game play, even if it's a lose for the developers in terms of a functional, well, game. But overall Original Black Widow is now eight types of awesome and being able to use her broken form in Combined Arms has been massively useful, as my new blue Kate Bishop cover can attest to. I'd personally trade IM40's yellow staying at 8AP if OBW's purple stayed at 5AP without the slightest hesitation. I'm only disappointed I won't be able to use her in the current Heroic PvE.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.

Any chance of the team disclosing why these specific characters/powers were affected by these specific values?
  • v_ironman
    v_ironman Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The bug seems that powers with changing costs by number of covers now the cost is like 1 cover but the effect is like the number of covers that you actually have.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pogo wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    *Update: The team has identified the issue and fixed it. Since this fix requires a platform release, it will be included in the R118 patch.

Any chance of the team disclosing why these specific characters/powers were affected by these specific values?
    If I had to guess, it could be that a character that acts as a power dampener is in the future (like the opposite of Black Bolt's Inspiration) and the bug was doing a partial of the full effect. I'm not holding my breath on Rogue, but maybe someone else with a similar power set?
  • RhodeyWM
    RhodeyWM Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nepenthe wrote:
    I've dropped my rating in the google app store down to 1* and added a review explaining that it's because of the buggy releases & events. Maybe if they start seeing their rating go down the people who make the budget decisions will get serious about testing.

(I'm already not spending more money on the game until QA improves, so this was the only other change I could make.)

Dropping the rating down to a 1* is a bit extreme and creates a review of dubious reliability, don't you think? Do you really think this game is one of the worst you've ever played even considering the bugs? If you previously rated this game as 5*, dropping it to say 3* with a description of why you only gave it 3* might be more credible.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After the past few months a one star rating is more than fair, and while this bug is small, for some it's simply the straw.