Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What has been working for my alliance is taking extra time after beating the boss before clearing a node. Check you ranking. Check your roster. Things like that and then go beat a node. I did not miss a single boss fight doing that thia laat clear. It's annoyinh, but it seems to work.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Annoyingly, even if you provide the answers to all the questions in the original request, they still ask it again.

Their message does say "Please ignore any questions that you have already answered in your original statement" so you only have to answer the questions not yet covered.

They also say "These questions are necassary" which is a glaring misspelling to me. So at least we know they're not QAing their messaging either!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I love about the automated responses is this nugget:
    It may take 24 - 72 business hours to receive a reply as customer service responds to tickets in the order they arrive. Customer service is open Monday - Friday from 9:00AM - 6:00 PM PST.

Not 2 - 3 business days, no, it's 24 - 72 business hours, which is 2.66 (etc.) - 8 business days using their stated opening hours.

It could just be really bad phrasing and I'm overly pedantic.

I don't see there being any way we'll get anything sorted before the New Year. Just give everyone who took part all progression and round rewards, and we'll call it even.
  • Blykmyk
    Blykmyk Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is flat out wrong...every time it hasn't been a connection error.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just finished a clean round, where I closed the app each time I beat Galactus himself (and before going into the side nodes), though whether that's more RNG fickleness or not, who knows.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got this from CS:
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue is causing for the Holiday Galactus run. Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue. The developers are working hard in order to resolve what is causing the problem.

Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

We ask your patience as a decision is reached, and suggest that you keep an eye on the forums in order to receive the most current information regarding your issue.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)

I can almost forgive the use of "en mass" instead of "en masse".
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I can almost forgive the use of "en mass" instead of "en masse".

Great, now we have to go to church? This is too much.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got the same as Moon Roach.

At least they're admitting there's an issue now. I can deal with it as long as they take this into account once they get back. Not only for personal progression, but for alliance.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At least they're admitting there's an issue now. I can deal with it as long as they take this into account once they get back. Not only for personal progression, but for alliance.

Too much to hope they simply bump every alliance's rewards up 1 level? If the alliance gets them all then the bug didn't impact them much anyway, and if not everyone gets a nice little boost for playing through it.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Forums: Engineering team says it seems to be a communication issue, restart the app, and file tickets if you still have problems. We're going on vacation.

CS: Widespread issues, devs are hard at work, we won't respond to individual tickets, see the forums for updates.

Way to have a sensible coordinated response to a widespread issue folks.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just finished a clean round, where I closed the app each time I beat Galactus himself (and before going into the side nodes), though whether that's more RNG fickleness or not, who knows.

Thanks, I will try this. If this works, then awesome, we have a workaround for the bug!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reecoh wrote:

Too much to hope they simply bump every alliance's rewards up 1 level? If the alliance gets them all then the bug didn't impact them much anyway, and if not everyone gets a nice little boost for playing through it.

Alliance rewards aren't so much a concern, I'm confident my alliance will clear R8. The concern is the affected players personal progression

At this moment the affected players in my alliance are -140k
    Top players are at 528k, the most affected player has 380k
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just came online to post the same thing. I thought I was really smart, but you beat me to it.

At least we have one more instance of data so maybe it is more than just us getting lucky.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Even with force closing I just missed an entire Clear worth of round Six. Beat a sub node. No unlock. Quit. No unlock. Force quit, No unlock. Try the next sub node. Continued to remain locked the entire clear. That is Five wasted clears just here, and two previous. This time however I appreciate how fast this news went up. But if this continues, at a rate of ONE clear every Eight hours, I am not making any progression at all. Please D3, all I want to do is play your game. I even made a purchase just to show some year end support. Please. Don't make me go back into never spending money on you.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    What has been working for my alliance is taking extra time after beating the boss before clearing a node. Check you ranking. Check your roster. Things like that and then go beat a node. I did not miss a single boss fight doing that thia laat clear. It's annoyinh, but it seems to work.

I'll have to give these a try. 2nd set of clears in round 6, was optimistic bc an ally said they got through all 5 without issue. Did the first 3 clean, then got the bug on the last 2 nodes.

Total unlocks missed: 7

Also got the same message as everyone else from CS. Responded to their questions then got the same automated email about it being a widespread problem
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Well this wont be fixed before the end of event. It happens to me twice every clear. Different nodes each time. Force closing. Playing other events then going back. Shield intercepts or not. No clear pattern.

It looks like it unlocks and then locks straight away. Now the scaling is picking up quick its so annoying.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've done all the clears so far with getting the error once. Doing the side missions from left to right.

iOS 10.2
    VIP subscriber
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cleared rounds 1 - 5 without a problem. Happened once in round 6, and now twice (so far) in round 7. Have also tried all the previous advice etc., but nothing works. Frustrating, but nice to know they're at least aware and it's not a blanket 'please check your device' response or similar.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It started with me too, finished galactus, wave, galactus, wave, galactus, patch, then it won't reset to Galactus.

Suckith! icon_evil.gif
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had it happen once so far, and missed out on a LVL 5 Galactus clear. Some of my Alliance members have had it happen multiple times. I'll pass this info along to them, and hope they don't get **** again.