Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been using the technique mentioned here for the last day and that has worked for side nodes unlocking the Big G.

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning to what should have been an open Galactus node after 8 hours wait, and instead he had a full 8 hour timer. icon_e_sad.gif I've hit the personal top progression, but it sucks getting hindered in helping my Alliance.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plus one for getting hit with the bug. Probably more than 300k points lost by myself, several more missed out in my alliance, meaning weight into round 8 late on, and the bug has meant I've only been able to get 3 of the Galactus clear prizes, so missing a couple of Cp there at least, as well as taking out any chance we had at completing round 8

Irritating as all heck.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Updating my own situation here since they don't want me sending in multiple tickets. Lost 2 clears round 3. No big, that's fine. Read the forum. Tried turning it off and on. Tried force quit. Tried Restarting the app after beating Galactus but before the Sub Node. Nothing changes it. A lost unlock is a lost unlock. Final Score after all things said and done. 726345.

I didn't miss a single refresh, or a single wave, and maximum I missed two clears due to inefficient play. My score last time they ran Galactus was 1.4 million. This time I have a champed 4clops. And a level 193 Hulk to run with my 2 star.png Storm. I should be Demolishing this event. I am guessing I have lost a minimum of 600k on points. On round eight, the two cracks I got at it, I managed to get only Two clears from waiting for the eight hour refresh. That is 450k by itself. I have sent in my ticket, and I am trying to be polite. But I will go back to what I said about Boss Rush.

All I want, is to Play your game. Why is that so much to ask?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will at least say this for Galactus Hungers this time around: the side nodes had appropriate scaling for my roster. The hardest fights topped out at 295 on this last 4 hour set of nodes.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I will at least say this for Galactus Hungers this time around: the side nodes had appropriate scaling for my roster. The hardest fights topped out at 295 on this last 4 hour set of nodes.

Yeah, I gotta say it's a lot better. I still dislike the increase in difficulty over time but at least I wasn't looking at level 350+ minions this time around. Though I suppose having a good selection of boosted champed 4*s to pick from really helped. IM40 and Classic Cyclops gets the job done every time.

Galactus was even fun to fight, too.

It's been a much better run than any previous boss for me. Just a shame I missed out on at least a hundred thousand points due to the bug. It failed to unlock the Galactus node at least 3 times for me today, so that's three times 30k points just today. Frustrating because my alliance might *maaaaybe* have finished this round and got that Punisher cover otherwise. Possibly.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought the event was fun and the scaling was good, but the broken unlock mechanism was obviously a big problem. I personally lost access to about 8 Galactus boss battles due to this bug, and the associated points, XP, and rewards (ISO, CP) ... enough member of my alliance were discouraged by it that the effort wasn't as concerted as it could have been. Due to waning interest in a broken event and lost potential points, we ended up somewhere in Round 7. I managed to max my personal progression anyway, but we'd have at least gotten to Round 8 were it not for the bug.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I found the scaling much better than normal and never lost a match. Unfortunately, I couldn't access at least 1 Boss fight each clear, meaning that I ended up just short of the maximum progression reward and my alliance narrowly missed out on clearing Round 6 (which would have been our best performance ever). The devs must be able to see how many side nodes I played back to back, and I hope they decide to issue "the next reward up" as compensation to all those players who missed out because of this annoying bug.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only had the problem happen once to me, on round three or four (joined the event while the alliance was doing round 3). I play in Steam. Reached personal progression sunday morning.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never had the issue but I heard reports of 5-6 issues at least in my alliance. My alliance progression almost made it to round 7, had it not been for the bug we probably would have.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really, the reasonable thing for them to do would be to award every alliance one round reward up from where they finished (or if they still managed to finish, a duplicate of the final reward), plus a set amount of CP and ISO that was missed due to the bug. If that is too much work and they prefer to offer a blanket compensation, I hope they at least aim high versus low. While I really wanted that last Punisher cover, I'd settle on a Purple Reign token, 5CP, and 5,000 ISO.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I was only marginally affected by this, I still sent a ticket. Others in my alliance had phone-throwing experiences.

I can only wonder what must have happened to break what was a pretty decent boss event.

Also frustrated that there may have been some mystical MPQ-Konami Code that seemed to allow some players their chances.

I know we are all beta testers here, but that level of code breaking should be an embarrassment to d3.

I'm not even interested in any sort of compensation. What I'd really like is an explanation of what went wrong (showing that the devs can learn something from this for next time).
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I ended up sending a ticket. Essentially, it happened to me once every refreshed round through the entire event, and I know it was happening to other folks in my alliance as well. We ended up about halfway to getting the Blue Punisher cover, which is the only color Punisher cover I don't have (2/3/0), so it was pretty frustrating (I could have done one more cycle, but I did the math and it would have been a wasted effort). Any compensation will be good of them to do, but I can't help but want that Blue cover. The 4* transition is hard enough already without flukes like this.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I missed the last prize by a few thousand points. I'm sure had I not lost all the missed pins, I would have hit it. Our alliance hit all Punisher rewards, but do think that we should get some Thanos Purple Reign Tokens (not the 25 points), but the 80 point tokens.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    I thought the event was fun and the scaling was good, but the broken unlock mechanism was obviously a big problem. I personally lost access to about 8 Galactus boss battles due to this bug, and the associated points, XP, and rewards (ISO, CP) ... enough member of my alliance were discouraged by it that the effort wasn't as concerted as it could have been. Due to waning interest in a broken event and lost potential points, we ended up somewhere in Round 7. I managed to max my personal progression anyway, but we'd have at least gotten to Round 8 were it not for the bug.
    mega ghost wrote:
    Really, the reasonable thing for them to do would be to award every alliance one round reward up from where they finished (or if they still managed to finish, a duplicate of the final reward), plus a set amount of CP and ISO that was missed due to the bug. If that is too much work and they prefer to offer a blanket compensation, I hope they at least aim high versus low. While I really wanted that last Punisher cover, I'd settle on a Purple Reign token, 5CP, and 5,000 ISO.

Your situation sounds identical to mine. My alliance probably would have reached round 8 as well had it not been for the bug slowing us down.
    I really need that last Punisher cover, too. He's sat at 12 covers.

Now I don't know whether to buy it or hold out and hope the compensation bumps everyone up a reward tier. It wouldn't be unprecidented, they've done it before when things like this happen and people are screwed out of points they otherwise would have earned.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Happened to me 3 times overall. Going to submit a ticket just so they have the full extent of knowledge about how much **** this was.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any news on what, if anything, will be happening? I'd really like the Blue Punisher cover, which is the next reward up from where our Alliance stopped. I had to sell the Black one from the event, as my Max is now 5/4/1.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just for the record it happened 7 or 8 times to me, so I couldn't reach purple reign. I hope we'll get something for it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Any news on what, if anything, will be happening? I'd really like the Blue Punisher cover, which is the next reward up from where our Alliance stopped. I had to sell the Black one from the event, as my Max is now 5/4/1.

Don't expect any word until next week. The staff are all off this week on holiday. They're not back until the 2nd, I think.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How's that player-base-wide compensation coming for a major bug during a major boss event?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    How's that player-base-wide compensation coming for a major bug during a major boss event?

I was wondering this myself since it is still stickied and not slowly drifting to the dead pages of the forum.