Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly...this doesn't feel like fair compensation.
    I know it's impossible to find out really but I personally lost out on tens of thousands, if not a hundred thousand plus points on Galactus. Multiply that alliance-wide and that's potentially another Punisher cover.

Now, I spent 120CP to buy the last Punisher cover I needed because I couldn't get the final blue one for Round 7. Perhaps if the event wasn't bugged I would have got that cover, been 120CP richer and maybe bought something else with that instead.

I was going to wait the two weeks on the black Punisher cover I already had to see if we got compensated, but figured any compensation wouldn't be as quick as that, and I was right.

I know in the past they've apologised for the player being unable to perform or reach certain goals by giving us the rewards in the next tier up. For example, when Enemy of the State was run with a progression score too high for most to comfortably reach, they gave everyone the next stage or two of progression. The same should definitely be done here. Most people missed out on tens of thousands of points and a couple of tokens will not cover that.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    I just received 2 Galactus Hungers tokens for the bugs.

star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png

Yep, that about makes up for the missed star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.png
    icon_rolleyes.gif
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I appreciate the tokens even if I didn't get much from them (champ level for a 2 & 3).
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    "I could have had billions more points if not for this bug. I demand what I could have had."

"I got **** on my two pulls. Yeah, this totally makes up for what I could have had instead."

Man, I can't wait for this generation of entitlement to be over.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    People just try it on, the compensation was how easy they made it. Enough people passed on that force closing after each clear fixed it. Even being in a casual alliance with only 10 getting progression it was easy meat this time.

If you couldn't get the final punisher there's more to it than a few missed boss fights. It was damn easy and I'm a 3 star player.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the tokens.

My alliance made it all the way through, so i'm ok with this for my circumstances.

I'm still irritated at the yellow Peggy I missed from Civil War, so I'm definitely sympathetic to the ones that didn't make the clears to hit their goals due to the bug.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    StarScream wrote:
    "I could have had billions more points if not for this bug. I demand what I could have had."

"I got **** on my two pulls. Yeah, this totally makes up for what I could have had instead."

I'm someone who got locked out over 10 times.

I PAY good money to play this game, both the subscription and added hp. Thinking that it should work as advertised isn't being "entitled." You want to be a schill, be my guest, but I would like things to be worth my time and money. **** me I guess.

As for the compensation, the wording is vague. Is this the end of it? Or just a thanks for your patience?

*Removed Insult*
    - Brigby
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Aidonis wrote:

I'm someone who got locked out over 10 times.

I PAY good money to play this game, both the subscription and added hp. Thinking that it should work as advertised isn't being "entitled." You want to be a schill, be my guest, but I would like things to be worth my time and money. tinykitty me I guess.

As for the compensation, the wording is vague. Is this the end of it? Or just a thanks for your patience?

*Removed Insult*
    -Brigby

With all the problems they've been having lately why are you still giving them money??
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    No tokens for me, can I get compensation for not getting compensation lol. (That is sarcasm btw)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sent my brand new and shiny 2*s out to the fields to farm.

One day they'll sprout a 3* if I keep tilling that field.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    StarScream wrote:

You understand entitlement isn't just "Wah I want something for free" right?
    If me and my alliance put in the work but due to bugs we were unable to reach a reward we otherwise would have, we'd be entitled to that reward because we should have got it legitimately.

Do you go to work, not get paid for the day then say "I'd better not complain, or they'll think I'm being entitled." No, because you ARE entitled to that money.

Jeez, if there's one thing I really DO wish would be over is the twisting of words into memes so they no longer have any meaning. Entitled. Boycott. Censorship. The list goes on. Words that once had important meaning, but are now just used as lables to slap down dissenters without the user of said work actually being able to formulate a coherent point. Just throw a meme out there and we'll get the jist of it.
  • I can see the bright side here. Not only did I get 2 star.pngstar.png whatevers, but also got an extra 1000 ISO from the Punisher cover I have to sell because he's 5/5/2 and we couldn't get the blueflag.png cover icon_rolleyes.gif
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    We are beggars to them. The compensation is an insult with no guarantee 4*.
    What a year to start with. icon_evil.gif
  • StarScream
    StarScream wrote:

If me and my alliance put in the work but due to bugs we were unable to reach a reward we otherwise would have, we'd be entitled to that reward because we should have got it legitimately.

Do you go to work, not get paid for the day then say "I'd better not complain, or they'll think I'm being entitled." No, because you ARE entitled to that money.

Jeez, if there's one thing I really DO wish would be over is the twisting of words into memes so they no longer have any meaning. Entitled. Boycott. Censorship. The list goes on. Words that once had important meaning, but are now just used as lables to slap down dissenters without the user of said work actually being able to formulate a coherent point. Just throw a meme out there and we'll get the jist of it.

It is obvious that you did not know the two types of posts I called out was entitlement. One was for someone speculating and the other for whining he did not get good pulls. It is also obvious that you do not understand that they do not have to give you anything. The Christmas break, we got ample stuff already. They did and people still whine about what they were given for free. That is the very definition of entitlement.

The entitled generation will never know what entitlement is because that is all they have ever known.

And your analogy about work is way off base. You work 40 hours and have a record of it, then you are entitled to your cash. But, with this Galactus bug as an example, say your place of work has a computer bug and you can't get any work done that day. You go to your boss and say that if that bug had not have happened, then you would have worked 40 hours. That means you are entitled to your compensation of 40 hours because a bug happened that was beyond your control you say. What do you think your boss would say about your reasoning? Would your boss give you something to compensate you? Nope. Your boss would laugh at you.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a 2*and 3*, but the 3* was Spidey purple, which was a cover I needed to champ him.

Although it would have been nice to get the "next level up" reward for both personal and Alliance rewards, or at the very least Purple Reign tokens to at least guarantee 4*s. I'm not really gonna complain too much, though.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    StarScream wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

It is obvious that you did not know the two types of posts I called out was entitlement. One was for someone speculating and the other for whining he did not get good pulls. It is also obvious that you do not understand that they do not have to give you anything. The Christmas break, we got ample stuff already. They did and people still whine about what they were given for free. That is the very definition of entitlement.

The entitled generation will never know what entitlement is because that is all they have ever known.

And your analogy about work is way off base. You work 40 hours and have a record of it, then you are entitled to your cash. But, with this Galactus bug as an example, say your place of work has a computer bug and you can't get any work done that day. You go to your boss and say that if that bug had not have happened, then you would have worked 40 hours. That means you are entitled to your compensation of 40 hours because a bug happened that was beyond your control you say. What do you think your boss would say about your reasoning? Would your boss give you something to compensate you? Nope. Your boss would laugh at you.

Are you referring to contract work here? Because in any other employment situation, yes I would absolutely expect compensation. Is this for real?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heh I was right about the compensation and it got me 500 iso, woooooo icon_rolleyes.gif

How about some HP/Iso instead of the same old garbage event tokens that never pay out? Some CP?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    StarScream wrote:

I'm sorry, you honestly expect that if you go to work, are hindered from doing your work by forces out of your control, you would honestly go home at the end of the day feeling fine that you didn't get paid?
    You're of the opinion it is in any way legal to make someone come into work for 40 hours and not pay them for it?

Regardless, this logic just generally baffles me. Damn near everyone who played the event finished it with a score much lower than there would have been had the bug not existed. Entitlement, as you assume it exists here, is if someone half arsed the nodes and expected greater rewards. Whereas we were all held back by something completely outside of our control. So yeah, I don't agree with you at all that expecting a score jump on our progress based on the points we otherwise would have accumulated had *their* game not broken due to *their* programming is "entitled" in the way you wish to use the word.

And again, this sounds like a throwaway word you're just hurling into the argument because you've read about millenials on a blog somewhere. "These damn kids want everything for free without having to work for it." Guess what, we DID work for it and were rewarded less than the sum total of our efforts.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    StarScream wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

I'm sorry, you honestly expect that if you go to work, are hindered from doing your work by forces out of your control, you would honestly go home at the end of the day feeling fine that you didn't get paid?
    You're of the opinion it is in any way legal to make someone come into work for 40 hours and not pay them for it?

Comprehension is not your strong suit.

Actually I think analogies are not yours. Many many different type of jobs still end up paying you including mine. For a matter of fact inclement weather causing our office to be closed still ends up in my paycheck remaining the same. If the systems at my office have an issue and the internet is slow and I get through a smaller amount of work than normal I still get paid completely. I call the government to enquire on a claim and they say their system is down and can't do nothing still get paid.

Some jobs have an out in the situation you described but many do not.

Guess I'm entitled too. Oh well I'll just enjoy my full paycheck while you continue on your salty ways
  • StarScream
    StarScream wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Comprehension is not your strong suit.

Actually I think analogies are not yours. Many many different type of jobs still end up paying you including mine. For a matter of fact inclement weather causing our office to be closed still ends up in my paycheck remaining the same. If the systems at my office have an issue and the internet is slow and I get through a smaller amount of work than normal I still get paid completely. I call the government to enquire on a claim and they say their system is down and can't do nothing still get paid.

Some jobs have an out in the situation you described but many do not.

Guess I'm entitled too. Oh well I'll just enjoy my full paycheck while you continue on your salty ways

My analogy is spot on. Don't do the work, but ask your boss for compensation because of something happening beyond your control preventing you from working. That is exactly what happened here. But, you are right about one thing. There are many jobs that do pay. They are salaried jobs. But, go ahead and work 50 hours a week and then ask your boss for compensation for those extra ten hours. See what happens. Every single hourly jobs I have had? My bosses would laugh in my face if I could not work but asked for the cash anyway. Maybe you have an hourly job now and the nicest boss one could find. If you do, then consider yourself extremely fortunate.

You can call me salty all you want, but do you see me crying over "lost" rewards?