Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    howard_icon.pngPlease keep the discussion on topic of the OP and please refrain from attacking other posters as it is against the rules. Thanks! howard_icon.png
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do find their idea of compensation incredibly infuriating. Of course, like most of you, I got two completely useless 2*s. At this stage of the games age is it really too much to ask to give us all 2 random 3*s? I dont consider that unreasonable, asking for a 4* would be unreasonable, but a 3* is useful to pretty much all the playerbase be that an extra level for the character or an extra champion level. Surely the idea of compensation is to give the player something that is useful to them? A 2* is only useful to new players or farmers, thats a pretty small percentage of players these days. C'mon guys, you've got to start doing more to make up for your mistakes.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't get any Galactus Hungers tokens. Are they all out, do I need to put in a ticket?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't get any Galactus Hungers tokens. Are they all out, do I need to put in a ticket?

I didn't either and put in a ticket this morning.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Galactus ate them. He was hungry.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also posting to hear what the official response for this is as some in my Alliance received them and others did not. No rhyme or reason either as some were affected by the issue and others not and both sides had people who got compensation and some that didn't.

This was a global problem and D3 always asks that for global issues we do not submit a ticket so as not to flood CS. We are also always told compensation with be global.....
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I posted a ticket and a day later had 2 tokens sent to me with an apology. Thank you. Not something you had to do but I appreciate the tokens and the chance they gave me for rewards.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    How's that player-base-wide compensation coming for a major bug during a major boss event?

I just wanted to come back and thank you for the acknowledgement and compensation. It sucks that it came AFTER the vault was closed and whatnot but it is what it is.

I was not nearly as affected as others, as I was able to finish both personal and alliance progression rewards for the event. The response to this issue is leaps and bounds over the (non-)response to the Boss Rush issue months ago.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm thinking keeping this topic alive will prove to be fruitless since the philosophy is probably "We've given out compensation, the matter is closed". Which would really suck since a lot of people here feel a couple of tokens does not measure up to the loss of a guaranteed 4* cover. As I said earlier, I ended up spending 120CP to buy that cover I would have otherwise gotten had there not been a bug.

Yeah that was my choice to do so, but not doing so would have put me at a disadvantage in the week following when Punisher Max was boosted.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have yet to receive any tokens either, just submitted my ticket. I also submitted a ticket when the event/ bug was live and the reply was:

D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)

Dec 23, 15:21 PST

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue is causing for the Holiday Galactus run. Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue. The developers are working hard in order to resolve what is causing the problem.

Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

We ask your patience as a decision is reached, and suggest that you keep an eye on the forums in order to receive the most current information regarding your issue.

From the reports of many of the players, compensation was not handed out en mass so.....
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't worry if I you don't get them. You won't have much.
    Got 2 tokens some days ago. Got 2 * star.pngstar.png . icon_neutral.gif

Thanks galactus, my alliance did a marvel-ous job and we unlocked more than I was expected.
  • smkspy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Still waiting on my reply from CS for my missing tokens, but here's the thing with this issue. It was one of the few bugs that people could legitimately figure out how much the bugged impacted them. I advised my alliance to write the how many points they lost each time they were locked out. Now my alliance isn't as thorough as most, so does anyone have any firm numbers?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VizMantis wrote:
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty excited about the FREE 2* storm and ms marvel I just received! icon_rolleyes.gif

At least you got something... I haven't received anything.
  • Philly79
    Options
    Well I received a reply from CS:

We have recently received instruction to provide the appropriate compensation to players who have not yet received compensation for the The Hulk (Bruce Banner)'s The Other Guy (Purple) transforming issue. Upon reviewing your account, we see that you have already received compensation for this issue, and we are unable to provide this compensation a second time.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Ummmm, no...first off I didn't have the Hulk's purple power when the bug was live, I only recently pulled it last week trying for Black Bolt covers - so this alone would exclude me from getting any compensation for the bug. Secondly, I have never even used this character since his build is 3/0/2, not barely useable in my book. Third, I do not recall receiving any compensation regarding the transform bug....something is fishy and I replied as such, we'll see what happens next, stay tuned....
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with the general attitude that 2 event tokens as compensation for a bug feels out of line with the impact the bug had on the game experience for a lot of folks. But I'm not surprised, because rarely ever is mass compensation in line with impact.

For the vast majority, their idea of compensation works out to, "We're sorry for the inconvenience. Here's 500 iso."

Honestly, D3, stop giving out tokens as compensation for issues. Just give us 2K iso and be done with it. Or, novel idea, pick a flat percentage, say 10%, and give us XP equal to that percentage of what our next Shield Rank costs. Using myself as an example, I'm rank 82, 83 costs 2950 XP, so I'd get 295 XP.

"We're sorry for the inconvenience. Here's two days worth of playing toward your next Shield Rank."
  • smkspy
    Options
    Philly79 wrote:
    I have yet to receive any tokens either, just submitted my ticket. I also submitted a ticket when the event/ bug was live and the reply was:

D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)

Dec 23, 15:21 PST

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue is causing for the Holiday Galactus run. Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue. The developers are working hard in order to resolve what is causing the problem.

Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

We ask your patience as a decision is reached, and suggest that you keep an eye on the forums in order to receive the most current information regarding your issue.

From the reports of many of the players, compensation was not handed out en mass so.....

I love the hypocrisy of this company. Got my CS reply about missing tokens and they decided if you were affected or not by the glitch therefore those they did not deem affected got no compensation. Never mind this being an alliance event where everyone was affected even if they did not directly encounter the bug or not.

You'd think tokens were blood diamonds the way D3 tight fists them so much.
  • Philly79
    edited January 2017
    Options
    smkspy wrote:

I love the hypocrisy of this company. Got my CS reply about missing tokens and they decided if you were affected or not by the glitch therefore those they did not deem affected got no compensation. Never mind this being an alliance event where everyone was affected even if they did not directly encounter the bug or not.

Could not agree more, their game has issues and causes player an inconvenience - too bad. Oh we compensated some players, you didn't get any - too bad. Our records show you were compensated for a bug although you did not even meet the requirements nor have the necessary covers to warrant compensation. What's that? you didn't receive anything? - too bad. Yup the game is broken again because no one play tested before going live - sorry for the inconvenience, enjoy playing!

Basically this is how it is and its really sad with how much attention us players devote to this game. Some things are handled easily like when I renewed my VIP last week, neither me or my alliance received the 1cp renewal bonus, I submitted a ticket with my proof of purchase and it was resolved quick and easy. Me and a bunch of guys were in buy clubs during the Amazon sale and a few of the buys glitched where no one got the cp from a few buys. All proper BC's require before and after pics with your name in the alliance details, a few guys bought and their hp and or iso amounts totaled what they should have been for the amount of buys. CS made guys jump through hoops providing screenshots and receipts as proof that the cp glitched and they still cam back and said "our records show the proper amount of cp was received"... Well I hate to tell you guys but your records are wrong and not infallible. I have had this happen twice and when it was me that had the cp glitch it was fixed, others have went round and round with them and they have the same story, if another member experienced the glitch they need to submit a ticket. The truth is whenever someone puts in the ticket they provide the alliance name and a list of all members. Even though they can see if someone did not buy, they refuse to say who it was so players can ban them. If I have 0cp and join a stark buy club I would get 140cp for all members buying...all members were trusted people whom have been in clubs before and provided proof of their purchase but one person's buy glitched so 19 players only received 133cp, all screenshots were verified and accurate but sadly CS seems to feel as though dropping a digital good to a player is going to cost them money or get deducted from their paycheck. These are digital goods that can be given with a few strokes of the keyboard and pressing a button - boom everyone is happy...guess I am just ranting but it's absolutely ridiculous how stingy the policies are.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SangFroid wrote:
    Also posting to hear what the official response for this is as some in my Alliance received them and others did not. No rhyme or reason either as some were affected by the issue and others not and both sides had people who got compensation and some that didn't.

This was a global problem and D3 always asks that for global issues we do not submit a ticket so as not to flood CS. We are also always told compensation with be global.....
    I was denied.....

Unfortunately, after further review with the developers we will be unable to extend the compensation to your fellow alliance members. We respect the fact that you are trying to assist your comrades, but the compensation sent was exclusively for the players who encountered the bug and could not attack Galactus for his mission node specific rewards.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, do let us know as we will be more than happy to assist.

Your friendly neighborhood Customer Support Agent,
    TJM

My initial ticket.....
    Most of the guys in my alliance got 2 galactus tokens as compensation for the bugs but nothing ever came through for me. Can I get those tokens please?

Thanks!

I'm really not shocked. It's 2 lousy tokens, so no big deal really, but you would think I was asking for LTs or something for as stingy as they are with them.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy wrote:

if tokens are blood diamonds, what would you call 4*? Or 5*?

they treat anything higher than 3* as "you are just lucky you even get a chance to sniff them"