Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3rd time, this time on level 6. I'm starting to get pissed now icon_evil.gif
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What kind of works for me is to restart the game before doing the subnodes.
    So:

Play galactus
    Restart game
    Play node
    Play galactus
    Restart game
    Repeat
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just had my 8th instance. 2nd or 3rd in Round 5. Most recent one was that two-wave Hulk node with the ~40K Venom as one wave. He was way harder than Galactus and I didn't even get a Galactus unlock. Boo. Hiss.

Also, I tried going and doing other things between nodes, even restarting the app. I thought it was working, until it happened again.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I just finished a clean round, where I closed the app each time I beat Galactus himself (and before going into the side nodes), though whether that's more RNG fickleness or not, who knows.

I just came online to post the same thing. I thought I was really smart, but you beat me to it.

At least we have one more instance of data so maybe it is more than just us getting lucky.

I managed another full run without getting locked out. Three data points!
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Guys, maybe can try these :
    after finish your mission node, don't press "next" before it finish loading up the point gauge.
    I found out if I fast forward the point gauge screen, I have high chance Galactus locked out
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Just got this from CS:
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue is causing for the Holiday Galactus run. Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue. The developers are working hard in order to resolve what is causing the problem.

Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

We ask your patience as a decision is reached, and suggest that you keep an eye on the forums in order to receive the most current information regarding your issue.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)

I can almost forgive the use of "en mass" instead of "en masse".

If this is the case, is it worth the time to put in any new tickets? Or should we just wait until next year for our forgiveness token (that will give a 95% chance for a 2* Bullseye)?
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just had it lock out for me for the first time in round 5. As seems to be the case for most of us, restarting (iOS) didn't fix the problem.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a reply back from customer service today. There wont be any compensation unless it's mass compensation. I hope we get something.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which means there won't be any...cue price is right losing sound.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    I got a reply back from customer service today. There wont be any compensation unless it's mass compensation. I hope we get something.

We'll get a single "Galactus hungers" token that will net you a 2*... woooo?
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I just finished a clean round, where I closed the app each time I beat Galactus himself (and before going into the side nodes), though whether that's more RNG fickleness or not, who knows.

I just came online to post the same thing. I thought I was really smart, but you beat me to it.

At least we have one more instance of data so maybe it is more than just us getting lucky.

I managed another full run without getting locked out. Three data points!
    Make that 4. I had one unlock problem in each of my prior two clears. No problems this time using this advice.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had my first unlock issue happen in round 8. That's frustrating. I'd rather it have been round 1, since that's *way* less harmful to my alliance.

I finished him off the first time in r8 (XFDP is totally amazing in r8; Great Machines activates X-Enforcer twice, *every turn*). I then went to the node on the left, the wave node (sorry, I can't remember which featured character that was), and beat it. Galactus didn't unlock. Ugh.

What's weirder: I went on to finish the nodes and the boss nodes in that refresh. About an hour after I had finished, but long before the next refresh, the boss node randomly *unlocked* after closing and reopening the app. This was after having just beaten the boss node an hour earlier. Though what the hell, fought him again. I finished that one, moved on. Maybe it's a delayed unlock from the one that was missed earlier, but I don't know.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As mentioned by others, restart the app after you hit boss Galactus. It forces a refresh to the server and had been working for our alliance since second refresh when we were told it's a communication issue.

Refreshing after a node hit is too late and doesn't always work
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As mentioned by others, restart the app after you hit boss Galactus. It forces a refresh to the server and had been working for our alliance since second refresh when we were told it's a communication issue.

Refreshing after a node hit is too late and doesn't always work

Just finished my 2nd full clear doing this w no unlock issues.
  • ashmanic
    ashmanic Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just happened to me for the 8th time, on steam pc version, restart does not fix, really sucks to lose out on so many points because of this, have submitted a ticket but guessing xmas is shutting things down, hooray for Galactabugus and the rewardw we will never see!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Round 7 and I lost another 2 fights and the restarting at each stage didn't help.

8 so far and counting. Same CS message as previously posted I'll be annoyed if during this festive period they don't give suitable compensation.

I've really enjoyed the Galactus event if it weren't for the bugs.

Maybe another boss event in the new year hint hint

These are definitely the best events in the game.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lystrata wrote:
    Cleared rounds 1 - 5 without a problem. Happened once in round 6, and now twice (so far) in round 7. Have also tried all the previous advice etc., but nothing works. Frustrating, but nice to know they're at least aware and it's not a blanket 'please check your device' response or similar.

Except for that fact that is a blanket 'please check your device' response? Albeit a big sugarcoated.
    They're aware of the issue but haven't done anything to resolve it other than to suggest you 'restart your device'.
    This would be fine if these were isolated cases, but this is happening on a large scale, of which hasn't occured in previous events.
    Personally I find it a bit negligent.
  • Blykmyk
    Blykmyk Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Happens to me twice every clear...from what I can tell it's always after my 2nd and 4th node.

But it's ok...I've been told that my reward for all this will be whatever mass award they give everyone. Never mind it will cost he and my alliance a chance to get full points..."it wouldn't be fair" to take that into account.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I run through two full clears during round 7 and Galactus unlocked every single time. All rounds before I had 1 or 2 times per clear that the boss fight won't unlock.
    I didn't do anything special like checking leaderboard or restart the app, just played. Maybe it's related to the fact that we have lower active player count at same time during higher rounds now.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options

Just tried this and it worked for a full clear. Will try again next time to confirm but so far so good.