Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well I made it through one full refresh without it happening to me now that the difficulty has jumped up, don't know if that means anything or not
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They should at least extend the event to give us a chance at hitting the rewards. I'm usually a top scorer in my casual Alliance and we've always hit top progression on galactus. I've missed 5 boss fights due to this bug, if it keeps up there's no way we're going to get it.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So far I've lost about 100k worth of Galactus attempts...Good times
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Not sure if it's related, but just did 5 missions...didn't click on shield intercepts at all this time (I normally click everyone). Galactus boss fight opened up for each mission. Previously 2 to 3 would be locked out. This is in Round 6. Anybody else having lockouts in round 6?
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    apmonte wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    It's clearly not a communication issue.

What makes you think it's clearly not a communication issue?

I'll tell you why I think it's not a communication problem. My wife and I play on identical iPad Air 2's, at the same iOS level, connected to the same wireless home network (in turn connected to Comcast cable). We are also playing in the same time periods. I've experienced the issue now five times, including a timer reset that didn't happen (I went to play at 7:00 this morning and the boss timer was still at 7:04, despite my not having played since 8PM the night before). My wife has yet to experience any of these issues. I've submitted two help desk tickets to date.

Regardless of the issue, communication or not i have missed out about 100k pts due to this bug. Hopefully we get a second run right away, to address the issue, as that only seems fair, other wise they are just going to have continue collecting numerous amounts of data and sending out copious amounts of rewards they probably would prefer not doing. I play optimal hardcore PVE and not being able to reap all the rewards is pain in the rear end.
  • batmanone
    Options
    I'm definitely still having an issue with the boss node not unlocking. This happened a few minutes ago in Round 5, on the far right Daredevil node. I tried restarting the app twice, and the boss was still locked.

This may be a coincidence, but yesterday in Round 4, the Daredevil node also failed to unlock the boss.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just happened again for me. Currently on round 6 and this time it was the Wolvie node (versus hood+goons).
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    Just happened again for me. Currently on round 6 and this time it was the Wolvie node (versus hood+goons).

Do you know if you clicked a shield intercept option? I had that node, and a shield intercept, but this time I didn't click it and the boss node opened...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone succesfully resolved this issue with a reboot? 'Cos despite thr engineering teamcs suggestion that has mever worked for me.

Also, seems to be independent of intercepts.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Has anyone succesfully resolved this issue with a reboot? 'Cos despite thr engineering teamcs suggestion that has mever worked for me.

Also, seems to be independent of intercepts.

While mostly independent of intercepts, the scenario of getting an intercept on a Galactus node and then the subsequent Galactus node not unlocking has been the most common way I have lost tries on the boss. However, I have so far lost 1-2 tries per reset every time, which is so annoying since the scaling gets so idiotic towards the end of the event and most people want to be finished well before that point.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has now happened to me 5 or 6 times. They have my ticket and my follow-up replies to their questions. Pretty bummed to get through a difficult wave node in Round 5 only to not have Galactus unlock yet again.

I'm not updating just to complain though, just to say that I've specifically noted several instances in which I got a S.H.I.E.L.D. intercept after beating a mission node but then saw Galactus unlocked as he should have been, so if the coding of the intercepts are at all to blame, it's not a direct link of "I got an intercept when I beat a mission node" --> "Galactus did not unlock."
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still happening today, no rhyme or reason as to when or why it happens, just sometimes "oops, no boss for you."

I've lost 6 attempts on the boss and alliance mates report the same. I'm wondering if we will even be able to finish since we are currently on Round 6 and would normally probably be deep into 7 or possibly on 8 by now.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess I'm luck that it just happened for a second time. Check my email and see the response from CS. Just want to share it here for... giggles ?... sigh ?...

My original ticket.
    Dec 22, 18:19 PST

In the Galactus event, I experienced the issue that clearing the non-boss node does not unlock the boss node. It happened around 8:50-9:00 pm EST. My in-game-name is aa25. The node with the issue is the Hulk essential node (the right most one) in Round 5. This is the last node I cleared in the second refresh. I've restarted the app multiple times, but won't work.

The response
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue is causing for the Holiday Galactus run. In order to assist with our investigation, we will need you to answer a few questions. These questions are necassary as we search for the cause of this issue. Please ignore any questions that you have already answered in your original statement.

- Did you join the event in mission round 1? Or one of the later mission rounds?
    - Which mission round did you start experiencing this issue in? Has the issue only occurred for a single mission round or were others affected as well?
    - What was the mission node that you completed when encountering this bug?
    - After encountering the bug, did you attempt to force close the application and relaunch it to see if the issue would be fixed?
    - Were other mission nodes available after completing the one you had attacked or were all mission nodes locked?
    - Did you happen to experience anything strange while you were playing? Any sluggishness, delays, crashes?
    - Can you provide us your device information? (Operating system and the name of your device.)
    - Can you provide us your username?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)

This makes me wondered. Even if I reply back, will they read it ?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aa25 wrote:

I always reply to these, just in case. But also, if any compensation is linked to specific user experiences, it'd be good to have your in-game username logged, no?
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well I like this Brigby fellow.

Brigby is the man. And he doesn't mind the occasional mock joke on the were listening comment.

It's quickly running up the charts fast approaching the "you're suppose to lose" comment
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    aa25 wrote:

I always reply to these, just in case. But also, if any compensation is linked to specific user experiences, it'd be good to have your in-game username logged, no?

I just replied back with more information. What frustrated me is I have already provided them almost everything they asked, and they still ask me again.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    aa25 wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    aa25 wrote:

I just replied back with more information. What frustrated me is I have already provided them almost everything they asked, and they still ask me again.

This is standard IT troubleshooting. they don't know what's wrong and need to fill out their dataset with answers to the questions.
    To do it quickly, they aren't reading your tickets: they're flagging that you have the problem and are asking you to reply back to their questions so they can quickly sort the data.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wobby wrote:
    aa25 wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    aa25 wrote:

This is standard IT troubleshooting. they don't know what's wrong and need to fill out their dataset with answers to the questions.
    To do it quickly, they aren't reading your tickets: they're flagging that you have the problem and are asking you to reply back to their questions so they can quickly sort the data.
    Annoyingly, even if you provide the answers to all the questions in the original request, they still ask it again.

I've now been denied eight boss fights this event due to this bug.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Philly484 wrote:
    Regardless of the issue, communication or not i have missed out about 100k pts due to this bug. Hopefully we get a second run right away, to address the issue, as that only seems fair, other wise they are just going to have continue collecting numerous amounts of data and sending out copious amounts of rewards they probably would prefer not doing. I play optimal hardcore PVE and not being able to reap all the rewards is pain in the rear end.

haha... fair? They don't care about being fair! it's all about the benjamins, tinykitty the normal users... whales are all that matters! the only people who are listening are the forum mods, to make sure we aren't swearing... or listening to make sure we don't question/mock Big Brother. Shun the non believers!
  • D3P2K5
    D3P2K5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This issue has already cost me 8 boss fights (3 of which are in Round 7). My point loss is around 150K+ now. If the next refresh does the same thing, I will be out another 90K points. I will not make final progression at this rate and I will be forced to play even more ridiculously overscaled feeder nodes as a result because they don't seem to have a ceiling on these events.