Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Restarting doesnt do a damn thing. Please fix this bug before leaving for the holidays... icon_mad.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All I could think of was:

have_2D00_you_2D00_tried1.jpg
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This has happened to me three times now across different rounds. Restarting the app makes no difference, and restarting my phone makes no difference. Waiting 10-15 minutes also has no effect. I'll try waiting an hour, but that's obviously no longer considered fun gameplay.

UPDATE: I submitted a ticket as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Update: The engineering team has determined that it is most likely a communication issue between client and server. This can usually be cleared up by restarting the app. If restarting does not fix the issue for you, and you haven't already done so yet, then please send in a support ticket. Thanks!

Anyone else read this as, "too bad, it's YOUR connection"
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Two out of five nodes failed for me on this clear. Restarting did not clear the problem. Running on PC.
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Restarting doesn't work for me
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I could think of was:

have_2D00_you_2D00_tried1.jpg

Helpdesk 101.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moved into Round 5. Managed to play one Galactus node and after that completing the Hulk essential node, the Galactus node remains locked. Restarted the app. Did not work.

Now i dont know if i should continue or wait a few more hours before finishing the rest before the next refresh hits.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Restarting the app doesn't work for me either. Can they get any events right? Always a problem.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Mine just failed to refresh 3 out of 5 side nodes. I find this more frustrating than Boss Rush.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FINALLY a boss event I have half a chance at doing decent at and my stupid boss node won't open icon_e_sad.gif
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Moved into Round 5. Managed to play one Galactus node and after that completing the Hulk essential node, the Galactus node remains locked. Restarted the app. Did not work.

Now i dont know if i should continue or wait a few more hours before finishing the rest before the next refresh hits.

So i just realised what happened.

When i completed the last Galactus boss node in the last round i had about 6 to 7 hours left for it to refresh when the new 8hr round started. BUT it was already unlocked when the new round started. So i played it and then i played the Hulk side node and the boss node remained locked. I then played another side node and it unlocked. The game then followed the normal sequence until i completed the final side node (Daredevil) but this time the Galactus boss node DID NOT unlock.

So it looks like i still lost out on one Galactus node
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TeamStewie wrote:
    FINALLY a boss event I have half a chance at doing decent at and my stupid boss node won't open icon_e_sad.gif

I feel you. My alliance just started round 4 and I've already lost four fights and my 4clops is championed and boosted and straight homicidal with no Galactus to slaughter. icon_e_sad.gif Bummer. Hope they don't shaft us and give us no compensation like after Boss Rush.

EDIT: My ticket is now submitted per Brigby.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the same boat as everyone else.

Lost 1 hit in round 4 making me 4/5.
    Now in round 5, lost 2 more hits making me 3/5.
    At this rate I'll be 0/5 pretty soon icon_lol.gif

Already submitted my ticket per Brigsby recommendation
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    First set of nodes went 3 of 5 fails, second set of nodes waited 5 minutes+ after beating boss before starting node, only the last node failed to unlock boss, so went 1 of 5 failed. I have now missed 4 of 10 fights, via sub-nodes. I hope this issue does not affect me or my alliances chance to hit max progression.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't have this problem at all in the first refresh, but now in the 2nd refresh it happened twice. We're on round 4, so that's 26000 points I'm down, and my alliance is down more because others are having the same trouble. Closing & reopening the game did nothing, not even totally restarting my phone did anything. I guarantee this problem has something to do with the change that was made so that the boss node unlocks when you move on to a new round - and the simple fact that NEW EVENTS AND CHANGES ARE NEVER SUFFICIENTLY TESTED. You should have a full alliance of 20 testers with different level rosters playing through the full 3.5 day event, some playing at different times, and you'd catch problems like this, as well as the crazy scaling that so often happens in later rounds and refreshes.

I was happy to see Galactus Hungers again, and thought it a good event for over the holiday since it doesn't have much optimal timing compared to other pve. But this buggy version is just frustrating.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Restarting had had no effect for my alliance mates, it'd cost us several boss fights. Ridiculous.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wonder if restarting BEFORE hitting nodes might help. I'm not being silly - restarting the game does things like updating your Q'd (non-visible) opponents, which is why you lose extra LR seeds when it happens, so perhaps doing so before trying to unlock Galactus would jog the sync-up? There's no way we'd know for sure - just because the boss unlocked wouldn't necessarily mean it worked - but after losing two shots at Space Grape Ape to this, I'm open to offbeat suggestions.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As I side note: I haven't spent any money on this game in almost a year, but was thinking about getting some HP for the naughty & nice vault because of general positive feelings with the direction most things have been headed lately, but releasing yet another broken boss event killed that idea entirely. Getting pretty tired of being an unpaid beta tester for this game, and I'm sure not going to pay you to test your buggy code all the time. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Alaszun
    Options
    Restarting also did not work for me. I'll send in a support ticket.