Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only happens to me on after the first node
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another time for me. Restarting did nothing.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I appreciate the communication but it absolutely feels like the engineering team couldn't find the problem and instead of keep looking they said it's the holidays let customer service deal with it.

So many players experiencing the same issue and it's a client communication issue?

Anyhow I've submitted a ticket but definitely disappointed I've missed out on four Galactus fights with my vicious champed 4clops already and that's of ten pin clears. If I can only achieve 60℅ of my normal boss points that's a problem for my alliance and me icon_razz.gif
  • Weltenzeichner
    Weltenzeichner Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So far I had three nodes that didn't unlock the boss fight, restarts or not.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh and to make matters worse it reset the timer on Galactus to 8 hours cool down even though I didn't fight him icon_e_sad.gif
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not sure if this works, but I got through the second round fine by checking the leaderboard after every boss fight.
    Actually even got an extra boss fight in as the boss node didn't lock once after hitting it icon_e_smile.gif
    Did get locked out once in the first round, so it could just have been a fluke.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3 times in 2 clears. missing 50k points already
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Oh and to make matters worse it reset the timer on Galactus to 8 hours cool down even though I didn't fight him icon_e_sad.gif

I hadn't noticed that but I just had a fail and it did the same thing. So it's not failing to unlock, it's unlocking and relocking like you lost w zero points?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just lost two clears. Although I thought I was fine as up to that point I had no issues. When I am battling through the nodes when it's get harder it will be infuriating.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well... I am one of the victims of the issue icon_e_sad.gif Happened to me already twice (probably -40k points for me and alliance). It has happened in both cases when I cleared the node number 4 (looking from left to right). Not sure if it helps the devs. Restarting the app and phone didn't do anything.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    18 Galactus fights in still no problems
  • Brandmire
    Brandmire Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've already had this happen to me 3 times in my first 3 clears, and restarting didn't help anything. I guess I'll submit a ticket, though your suggestion to do so with a problem this widespread will only ensure that you're absolutely flooded with them when you get back in two weeks. I'll refrain from saying anything more snarky than that! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alaszun
    Options
    Bit by this two more times this cycle. But I have a possible cause, though with limited cycles it's harder for me to test.

I think this is linked to SHIELD interrupts--I've only not had it refresh after I view a SHIELD interrupt. I haven't tried declining the interrupt yet, but every time I have (since I've been paying attention) it fails to reset, and every time I haven't seen one, it resets properly.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Annoying! No problems up to round 5. Then 3 times Galactus did not unlock.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've had Galactus not unlock twice in the last round and once already in this one so far. Very unhappy.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with the other commenters that it is related to shield intercepts.

I think when they patched the game to close the "force reboot" loophole, however they patched it is reading a shield intercept as a force reboot.

I had no problems until this morning when my shield intercepts refreshed for the day and started showing up after side nodes. I'm skipping them on galactus side nodes and I'll let you know if I still get locked out or not.
  • Andrefaria
    Options
    I restarted my app, but it did not work.
    Twice Galactus did not unlock after having made the spider and wolverine subs
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Missed 4 clears out of 2 runs so far....
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    I agree with the other commenters that it is related to shield intercepts.

As Steam user without intercepts I have the issue as well, though. So it doesn't seem to be related. Unless the code for triggering an intercept is in the Steam version but has no effect - besides this bug here now.
  • Dekliko1978
    Options
    Now we can't unlock Galactus due to the bugs, but thankfully soon we can't unlock Galactus because the scaling will be turned to 11.