Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ticket submitted. Happened at least twice to me this round that I noticed. It might've been 3, but I wasn't paying close enough attention the whole time.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can't believe they haven't fixed this,Galactus not unlock twice in the last round, thats even worse than yesterday, rebooting does not work, I'm losing a lot of points because of this!
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Will be sumitting a ticket. This kind of thing is really hampering individual progress as well as team progress.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's clearly not a communication issue. This has happened to me 5x now. I have forced closed, restarted, and any other possible fixs with no avail. We need an update for the player base. It's hard to gauge where anyone is going to end up, because a lot of us have no idea when Galactus will unlock or not unlock. I'm sure they are swarmed with tickets, but we all know that after today, they probably will not fix it due to them going home for Holidays. Fingers crossed this gets resolved and we have an update soon as possible as too what is going on.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alliance finished the round and Galactus didn't unlock but the timer reset to 8 hours again so that's five fights I've missed now!
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Same as everyone else. Ticket submitted. At one point i think they left Galactus unlocked twice in a row. Either way I have missed 4 fights so far, and now we are getting to later rounds and the points are going to rack up. Bummer.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What is the link to send a HELP TICKET?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Philly484 wrote:
    It's clearly not a communication issue. This has happened to me 5x now. I have forced closed, restarted, and any other possible fixs with no avail. We need an update for the player base. It's hard to gauge where anyone is going to end up, because a lot of us have no idea when Galactus will unlock or not unlock. I'm sure they are swarmed with tickets, but we all know that after today, they probably will not fix it due to them going home for Holidays. Fingers crossed this gets resolved and we have an update soon as possible as too what is going on.

What makes you think it's clearly not a communication issue? A communication issue will vary from network to network, meaning people with a poor network will likely get it a lot, those with a better network will get it less. For example I've done every single node thus far and haven't experienced the issue once.

If it truly is a communication / network issue the only advise I can give you is try playing on a different network. Go to a coffee house, or a library, a friend/relatives house, try using your data vs your home network, etc. if you're on steam an none of those are working try rebooting your router, bypassing any secondary switching, calling your service provider.

I don't deny this sucks, but how hit and miss this is I have I agree with the fact that it sounds like a communication issue. That's no excuse for them not fixing it, but this is why it's a bad plan for them to do these events on holidays...
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After 3 full clears, I'm 80k+ points behind the top 10 in my alliance. That's how many points this has cost me. I'm getting locked out of 2-3 per clear.

I've been in IT long enough to know there is no way you guys thought this was a client side issue. At least you didn't have to stay late the day before a long weekend.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    I agree with the other commenters that it is related to shield intercepts.

As Steam user without intercepts I have the issue as well, though. So it doesn't seem to be related. Unless the code for triggering an intercept is in the Steam version but has no effect - besides this bug here now.
    I agree, it doesn't seem related to intercepts. I'm on Android and do get them. I had a 60% failure in unlocking this morning (so only fought the big guy 3 times out of the potential 6). 2 of the times it failed, no intercept available. 1 failure, I had an intercept. 2 of 2 successes were on intercepts.

Here's my take on it.

The issue is supposedly communication between client and server. Your users are seeing some significant pvp impact regarding time between getting hit in pvp and report of the hit from the server. Now this.

Sounds like it's time for either a server upgrade or network upgrade to me.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the link to send a HELP TICKET?

Click the "Support Ticket" link on https://d3go.com/support/
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not related to intercepts, I'm on android, getting intercepts and 0 glitches
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it didn't happen to me once during round 1. It has happened 4 times since then. Played on various devices (an older iPhone on wifi, an android phone on wifi and then again on cellular, and an amazon kindle fire on wifi). This clearly has nothing to do with communications on the user side, as I have played on 3 different wifi networks (all very strong signals and networks), once on cellular with full bars... and played on 3 different devices, all with differing OS. This is legit a bug in the code or their server is too bogged down as a whole.

And now they are leaving on xmas break! who didn't see that one coming?! We get screwed by bugs, they run away, thus ruining the rarest of times where they ACTUALLY, FOR ONCE release a feature that should make users happy, even in the short term. Either we are masochists, or they are a kid with a magnifying glass who enjoys frying ants. Development team (and by association, red names) have been phoning it in for a while now. They're all jokes. I expect zero compensation, and I am beginning to fear that, just like boss rush... I won't get all of the rewards because the higher-ups are dumber than a bag of rocks.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    blargrx wrote:
    In the same boat as everyone else.

Lost 1 hit in round 4 making me 4/5.
    Now in round 5, lost 2 more hits making me 3/5.
    At this rate I'll be 0/5 pretty soon icon_lol.gif

Already submitted my ticket per Brigsby recommendation

Update: 3/5 in round 6. I've now missed a total of 5 hits in 3 rounds.

Thanks d3! Looks like I'll be spending more time with my family since my clears are faster!
  • TheRealJRad
    edited December 2016
    Options
    blargrx wrote:
    blargrx wrote:
    In the same boat as everyone else.

Lost 1 hit in round 4 making me 4/5.
    Now in round 5, lost 2 more hits making me 3/5.
    At this rate I'll be 0/5 pretty soon icon_lol.gif

Already submitted my ticket per Brigsby recommendation

Update: 3/5 in round 6. I've now missed a total of 5 hits in 3 rounds.

Thanks d3! Looks like I'll be spending more time with my family since my clears are faster!
    Smudge wrote:
    I had a 60% failure in unlocking this morning (so only fought the big guy 3 times out of the potential 6). 2 of the times it failed, no intercept available. 1 failure, I had an intercept. 2 of 2 successes were on intercepts.

Hm - my experience is identical. Do you remember which 3 didn't work for you today? (or anyone with similar experience)

I'm pretty sure mine were: GR wave (far left), Patch (2nd from left) and....dang, I can't remember for sure what the third one was. I think it was Cyclops? (middle).
  • apmonte
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    It's clearly not a communication issue.

What makes you think it's clearly not a communication issue?

I'll tell you why I think it's not a communication problem. My wife and I play on identical iPad Air 2's, at the same iOS level, connected to the same wireless home network (in turn connected to Comcast cable). We are also playing in the same time periods. I've experienced the issue now five times, including a timer reset that didn't happen (I went to play at 7:00 this morning and the boss timer was still at 7:04, despite my not having played since 8PM the night before). My wife has yet to experience any of these issues. I've submitted two help desk tickets to date.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're willing to help provide debug data, the next time you have this occur, stop playing, head to the Discord server (link in my sig), and ping Anthony. This is me relaying something he just asked.
  • TheRealJRad
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    If you're willing to help provide debug data, the next time you have this occur, stop playing, head to the Discord server (link in my sig), and ping Anthony. This is me relaying something he just asked.

Also, CS just replied to my ticket asking for a bunch of additional info, not sure if it's related:
    - Did you join the event in mission round 1? Or one of the later mission rounds?
    - Which mission round did you start experiencing this issue in? Has the issue only occurred for a single mission round or were others affected as well?
    - What was the mission node that you completed when encountering this bug?
    - After encountering the bug, did you attempt to force close the application and relaunch it to see if the issue would be fixed?
    - Were other mission nodes available after completing the one you had attacked or were all mission nodes locked?
    - Did you happen to experience anything strange while you were playing? Any sluggishness, delays, crashes?
    - Can you provide us your device information? (Operating system and the name of your device.)
    - Can you provide us your username?

Send in a ticket if you haven't!
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got the same CS response
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    I had a 60% failure in unlocking this morning (so only fought the big guy 3 times out of the potential 6). 2 of the times it failed, no intercept available. 1 failure, I had an intercept. 2 of 2 successes were on intercepts.

Hm - my experience is identical. Do you remember which 3 didn't work for you today? (or anyone with similar experience)

I'm pretty sure mine were: GR wave (far left), Patch (2nd from left) and....dang, I can't remember for sure what the third one was. I think it was Cyclops? (middle).
    I do remember the nodes actually! GR, Patch, and then the second from the right. Daredevil I believe it was? I'll send in a ticket myself.