Known Issue: Galactus Boss Not Unlocking *Updated (1/6/17)

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    How's that player-base-wide compensation coming for a major bug during a major boss event?

I was wondering this myself since it is still stickied and not slowly drifting to the dead pages of the forum.

You spoke too soon.
    I don't like it when an unresolved bug thread gets unstickied. It used to be the sign of "If we ignore it long enough, they'll get bored of complaining eventually"

Say it ain't so, Brigby.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    How's that player-base-wide compensation coming for a major bug during a major boss event?

I was wondering this myself since it is still stickied and not slowly drifting to the dead pages of the forum.

You spoke too soon.
    I don't like it when an unresolved bug thread gets unstickied. It used to be the sign of "If we ignore it long enough, they'll get bored of complaining eventually"

Say it ain't so, Brigby.

And if they don't get bored, LOCKED! There will be no farther discussion on the matter

Precedent: Boss Rush
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Its a little bit concerning that 2 days after everyone is back there has been precisely zero communication on a major issue affecting the premier holiday event.

One that was identified just before the team got their holidays, and they were therefore aware of.

Given the tangled nature of Developer and Distribution teams involved, and the apparent difficulty people like Bigby have in getting updates, it would be little wonder that this was a further nail in the coffin for people contemplating their MPQ investment, in terms of time and money.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm going to be pretty annoyed if some form of compensation doesn't roll out. I almost certainly missed out on a 4-Star cover that I really could have used over this. A 3/3/0 Punisher MAX feels a lot worse than a 3/3/1 Punisher MAX.

Watch. I say that and the compensation will probably end up being another Green.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I realize devs must be busy, coming back from break and having a bugged update to fix, but is nobody going to say anything at all about this Galactus bug?

Boss events are one of the most fun things in the game for me, and getting repeatedly locked out and prevented from progressing against Galactus was extremely frustrating. Not seeing so much an apology for it is becoming even more frustrating.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madsalad wrote:

You spoke too soon.

Good going Punisher...
    head_slap_gif_by_sarah3ddepp-d5jk6xs.gif

I was wondering about the compensation yesterday as well. Then I remembered Boss Rush. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Options
    accidental dup, please delete.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't forget that bumping a thread without adding to the discussion is against the forum rules and could lead to a warning.

So don't do that.
  • Nepenthe
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Don't forget that bumping a thread without adding to the discussion is against the forum rules and could lead to a warning.

So don't do that.

That is very good to know. Thank you for informing us. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on the response from Customer Service, I'm supposed to get my compensation news here.
    Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

Bumping the thread looking for news on compensation is totally acceptable in my view because Customer Service told me to.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sure would be nice if this at least got acknowledged before the week end.
    Customer service eluded to wide spread compensation after I submitted a ticket, I know my alliance would have completed round 8 as we always have in the past if it weren't for this bug occurring multiple times during each clear.
    Maybe even just a "it's still in review" kind of response ?
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    evade420 wrote:
    Sure would be nice if this at least got acknowledged before the week end.
    Customer service eluded to wide spread compensation after I submitted a ticket, I know my alliance would have completed round 8 as we always have in the past if it weren't for this bug occurring multiple times during each clear.
    Maybe even just a "it's still in review" kind of response ?

haha, no. They do not care about us. But shhhhh... they are listening.

The developers have at least been consistent. Unfortunately, they are consistently inept, greedy, and overall they consistently do NOT care
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evade420 wrote:
    Customer service eluded...

You win today's "Misspelling revealing a deeper truth" prize.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gee, 500 ISO! I'm rich. I'm wealthy. I'm socially secure!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not even going to open those TWO tokens

Gee, thanks
  • Nepenthe
    Options
    Thank you for acknowledging the errors and for the tokens. I got a 2* and an IM40. Champ levels for both & 1500 iso in champ rewatds.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty excited about the FREE 2* storm and ms marvel I just received! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had the issue, didn't submit a ticket and got two tokens. Doesn't matter what they were (two 2 stars) just happy to get them.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys, at least it's more than they gave us for Christmas. icon_razz.gif
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank god there's no downvotes here because I stole everyones luck.
    3* Rags and 4* Teen Jean icon_e_surprised.gif