New Limited Character Vaults

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just pulled the Antman blue with the daily deal which I'm obviously incredibly happy with.

Would've preferred the Thoress red yesterday though icon_razz.gif
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Next up: Carnage.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Next up: Carnage.
    "Many ways to take down their opponent, despite the risk it puts them at"? I think Kate Bishop fits that description better.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can tell one thing - Peggy doesn't sound like that so my HP are safe for Christmas vault icon_e_smile.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got Punisher on first pull.

Nova: Skipped
    Iron Man: Got on the 2nd 50 pull
    Gwenpool: Didn't get with 2 50 tries, not all that upset though.
    Thor: Didn't get despite 4 tries (2 50, 2 400)
    Ant-Man: Didn't get on the first 50, bit the bullet and paid the 3600
    Punisher: Got on 1st 50 pull.

So in total out of 6 days:
    Spent - 4800 HP
    Items pulled - 30
    Number of 4* covers - 3
    Avg cost per 4* cover - 1600

So far I'm really digging these. There are still improvements that need to be made, but these are the best of the 3 tests IMO.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Kinda bummed, I thought I'd clear out at least one of these vaults. 5 days of 50 hp token for a 2* character. Excited to see Punisher Max come up then scroll to the vault and see that it's blue so I'm still stuck at 3/4/5. Last day sounds like Kate Bishop to me and she's 0/2/5 so really no benefit to clearing a vault there either. At least hero points never expire so there are still the weekly vaults. One I need will come around at some point.

Edit: Punisher is 3/4/5, not 2/4/5 - could have been my 13th cover if it was not blue.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent nothing but the initial 50 Hp and have gotten nothing but 2 stars.

Not great not horrible but just kinda there.

not spending the other amounts and 1 color of 1 4 star per vaults is kinda tired.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:
    Kinda bummed, I thought I'd clear out at least one of these vaults. 5 days of 50 hp token for a 2* character. Excited to see Punisher Max come up then scroll to the vault and see that it's blue so I'm still stuck at 2/4/5. Last day sounds like Kate Bishop to me and she's 0/2/5 so really no benefit to clearing a vault there either. At least hero points never expire so there are still the weekly vaults. One I need will come around at some point.

Same boat, as is an alliance mate. This was the one I said I would definitely spend HP on, and at 4/2/5 its no good to me either. My Kate is 3/3/5, so if the 3rd power trend continues tomorrow, I’ve no luck there either. Oh, well, I’ve got the HP saved anyway, we’ll see what the Holiday/Mad Titan/Galactus vaults will look like when that shakes out later this week.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    My Ant-Man is at 0/5/5, and of course the vault offered Blue instead of Purple - would have drained 3600 HP to finally get purple started.
    I understand the intended randomness, but wouldn't D3 make more $ if the system looked to see which covers you would want more?

Separately, Thoress was at 1/4/4 and I missed her red on the 50 HP try. While contemplating for a while about doing more, one of my lucky sons did a LT draw and hit that very cover. Then somehow I got busy and missed running the vault before it was gone...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:

Spent - 4800 HP
    Items pulled - 30
    Number of 4* covers - 3

So far I'm really digging these. There are still improvements that need to be made, but these are the best of the 3 tests IMO.

What are these "2nd 50 pulls" you speak of? I've never seen anything other than, you get 1 pull at 50 then it turns to 400.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    broll wrote:

Spent - 4800 HP
    Items pulled - 30
    Number of 4* covers - 3

What are these "2nd 50 pulls" you speak of? I've never seen anything other than, you get 1 pull at 50 then it turns to 400.

Timing. For me the vaults go live in the evening (don't know when - 8pm?) and you pull the first one right away. All "daily deals" reset at midnight, so you can get another for 50. The catch is that doing so eliminates the 20x option, so if you might want to clear the vault you better not pull that second 50.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    broll wrote:

Spent - 4800 HP
    Items pulled - 30
    Number of 4* covers - 3

Check out my post here:
    viewtopic.php?p=612542#p612542

In short: You can pull daily deal each calendar day for each vault.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    broll wrote:

Spent - 4800 HP
    Items pulled - 30
    Number of 4* covers - 3

Check out my post here:

Unless, I think, you're on EST. I was up until midnight last night, and the vault cycled at the same time the Daily Deal reappeared. Meh, I'll take the different vault each day, that's fine.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Unless, I think, you're on EST. I was up until midnight last night, and the vault cycled at the same time the Daily Deal reappeared. Meh, I'll take the different vault each day, that's fine.
    Correct. The first day let me buy a second token because it was centered at 7am like the previous vaults. I think the second vault was the shift happened to midnight EST.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I love these, and would be just fine if they continued them every day forever.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I think these are a welcome addition. For veteran players 50HP is very cheap for a decent shot at a 4* cover, plus the minimum prize in the vault is a 2* cover which is helpful for farming if nothing else.
    Plus, these vaults create a path to get a guaranteed 4* cover in a specific color that did not really exist before (yes, it's only one cover per day and that route can get expensive, but at least it's there).
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigsmooth wrote:
    I think these are a welcome addition. For veteran players 50HP is very cheap for a decent shot at a 4* cover, plus the minimum prize in the vault is a 2* cover which is helpful for farming if nothing else.
    Plus, these vaults create a path to get a guaranteed 4* cover in a specific color that did not really exist before (yes, it's only one cover per day and that route can get expensive, but at least it's there).

But these vaults are a holiday special only - plus they get some more "player data" in buying stats. Who knows what the next vault will be like, but AT LEAST they have 4* 20+ item vaults.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've mostly ignored these Vaults because of limited usefulness besides the 4-Star
    The Last one (Kate Bishop I suspect) might get me if it's not the Blue Power (maxxed)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    broll wrote:

Spent - 4800 HP
    Items pulled - 30
    Number of 4* covers - 3

Check out my post here:

I'm in EST and I've done it since the shift. You have to be quick and be on there right at midnight. You've got like a 30 - 60 to claim. What I've been doing is going in at like 1158 and just flip back and forth and grab the daily deal the second it pops up then the vault disappears about 30 seconds later. I've done this multiple days now.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled Big Pun from the 50 HP token! So that's fine with me.