New Limited Character Vaults

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably do the 50HP Daily deal every day. If I get something good, good. Won't go further than that though, my HP stash is low enough as it is.
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    firethorne wrote:
    I don't think they're a good either but that hardly equals any kind of hatred for the dev team. So, I get where you're coming from but that statement is a little harsh.

It amazes me how people will say things like this and in the same breath say "BUT WHY WON'T THEY TALK TO US!?"
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    No way I'm wasting that much HP on a cover, I'd have to make a purchase just to get it.

A least with the original people had somewhat reasonable arguments that they were essentially paying the old HP price for a 4 star cover, but now you're paying almost double that.

I appreciate the daily deal aspect, but it in no way tempts me to buy out the vault. Not even if Nova was the 13th cover that I needed.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    My Nova used to be five yellow, five black, one red. So I took the 20-pull "deal" and now my Nova has two in red. I also pulled all three-stars from the three Elite Tokens I got from the Vault.

So I dunno, I'm quite content with that. The 400 per pull normal price is insane, though. And Nova Red was, I think, the only four-star cover I would've splurged on as he is the only top four-star that was in that situation.

Oh, and I'm basically free-to-play - I accumulate HP at quite a nice pace these days due to champ farms. My only expenditures are the two cheaper shields per PvP and the occasional slot when they release a new character (I'm only missing 5*Strange and 5*Widow).
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I paid my 3,650 today, but only because I've been chasing redflag.pngicon_nova.png since April. Also ended up with 2x 3* from the Elite tokens, and another 3* from a 2* champ reward. Not as good a deal as it used to be (2,500hp), but I can finally champ Nova and stop wasting his covers.

I'll likely only pull the 50hp daily token from here on out.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 1/5/5 Nova thanks you very much for the opportunity to spend 3600 ISO to get him one more cover.
    Yeesh. Not happening, guys. On the original system I absolutely would have bought a 10-pack and then maybe plinked away with 150 until I got it. Not doing this.

Have you not heard of that well known marketting psychology? People will spend twenty £1 coins over the course of a day and not worry about it. But people will think long and hard before spending a £20 note in that same time frame.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    This Nova cover is the 13th cover I need. If this vault was like Spiderwoman's I probably would have spent all my hp. I got her after 9 tries, but had extra time to earn some more hp and spend it again. One try for 50 is something I will always do, so I am glad they are doing one a day for 7 days. This is supposed to make me want to spend money, but I never have before and even this exact cover I need is not enticing enough. Probably because I will always have places to spend iso. Spending real money to add something to my to do list just isn't worth it to me.
    is there a list for the upcoming vaults or is that a secret...?

Did they drop a hint "built to take a beating while also packing quite the punch" Who is that supposed to be? Thing? Ghost Rider?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat wrote:
    Did they drop a hint "built to take a beating while also packing quite the punch" Who is that supposed to be? Thing? Ghost Rider?
    Thing for sure.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Not fond of the implementation or the timing.. If they'd really wanted to maximize on this, they would have waited until people who celebrate the holidays with gift giving (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, etc.) had gotten their piles of google play/iTunes/steam gift cards to use on such an expensive daily vault setup.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Straycat wrote:
    Thing for sure.
    I was thinking Hulkbuster with his red power.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Straycat wrote:
    This Nova cover is the 13th cover I need. If this vault was like Spiderwoman's I probably would have spent all my hp. I got her after 9 tries, but had extra time to earn some more hp and spend it again. One try for 50 is something I will always do, so I am glad they are doing one a day for 7 days. This is supposed to make me want to spend money, but I never have before and even this exact cover I need is not enticing enough. Probably because I will always have places to spend iso. Spending real money to add something to my to do list just isn't worth it to me.
    is there a list for the upcoming vaults or is that a secret...?

I was thinking about Luke Cage, but Thing also sounds possible.

Well, we will see tomorrow icon_e_wink.gif
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Straycat wrote:
    Thing for sure.
    I was thinking Hulkbuster with his red power.

I was originally thinking Luke Cage, but when wymtime said Hulkbuster, I changed my mind. I think 'built' may be the key word there.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    50 HP and single draws, good.

Octupling the price for the second draw... icon_lol.gif It is comical how much you guys don't get why people hate you.

No offense man but please don't speak for everyone when you say stuff like this. I have not even come close to being tempted to buy anything out one of these vaults. I don't think they're a good either but that hardly equals any kind of hatred for the dev team. So, I get where you're coming from but that statement is a little harsh.

Apologies if I am coming across as too harsh. With the previous vault's no single pull shenanigans, and the new reminders that they think at least $100 on 30 of my characters is a reasonable thing to continually advertise, my tolerance for things like an 800% price increase after the first pull is a bit low. I'm just looking for some sign of good will, no strings attached, and got quite the opposite vibe from this one.
  • kmiller
    kmiller Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I don't have any huge problem with the new vaults,except the lack of a 10 pull option.

I think the idea is that the 1 50HP pull is a lottery ticket, then they jack the price to the point where they don't really expect anyone to buy single pulls. I have no problem with that strategy on their part. But, give us a 10-pack option.

My ideal setup for these vaults would be:

- 50/400 for the 1 pull lottery ticket
    - 2000 for a 10 pack (200 per with a 50% chance of the 4*)
    - 3600 for a 20 pack (180 per, the idea being, if you want the guaranteed 4*, you're gonna pay for it.)

If that were the setup, I'd spend the 50 HP every day, and if the 4* cover was one I wanted/needed, I'd buy the 10-pack (I'd likely never buy the 20 anyway - I'm a gambler - so the pricing on that is kind of irrelevant to me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did the 50 HP daily deal, and that was it. 400 per pull is too much. Thanks for helping me save my hp, devs!
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I'm not saying these are a good deal (they're not) but put up the purple Moon Knight I've been trying to pull for like 2 months while I've sold over a dozen black and green covers, and y'all can have my 3600 HP. Nothing else is going to get me to spend on these, but I will buy that cover if it comes up. YMMV, obv

My 2/5/5 Nova told me to get the 20 pack. So I did. No regrets. I don't think any other cover out there would get me to do this again in the next 6 days though.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally like the vault and would like them to stay like this. 24 hour 50hp lottery and if you want the 4* desperately you pay up. My nova is 1/4/4 and although I'd like him I'm not close enough to pay. If it was cheaper I'd be paying up most days. So this format stops me going crazy but gives me a lottery each day for 50hp.

I like it.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY EVEN MENTION CHRISTMAS when it's something we have to PAY FOR, not to mention......you know what......I'm done.

Disgusted. And done.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll take the 50HP daily pull. 50 HP is nothing these days.

But, yeah, unless it's the last cover for a character I really want, I can't see myself emptying one of these.

I did actually like doing one pull at a time on the other vaults - I got a black Jessica Drew on my 2nd pull which was pretty great. I'd be for bringing those back.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I think they are great. 50 hp for a 5% shot at a specific 4 star is pretty decent. I'll take that shot every day.