New Limited Character Vaults

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today was HulkBuster and it was black for me. Today was the first I've bought from any of these limited vaults. I only spent 50 and got the 2500, stopped. Had I gotten 250 HP (not an option, but it should be IMO) I probably would have bought a second one even that the 400 HP cost (cause it would have essentially been discounted to 150.

I still think this is the best of the 3 for me. I would only be the 50 and only if I can use the 4* cover. If they did this vault style regularly, I would be OK with it, especially if it was daily and rotated through all 4*s. I would take it as a 50 HP 5% chance at a 4*, might spend more for final covers. If it's daily and you do it daily odds are you would get a 4* cover once every 20 days or so. You can also save up for the ones you really need.

Biggest things this still needs:
    1. Option to reset the vault if the 4* cover color isn't usable.
    2. 3-6 HP tokens in the vault so you have a chance to 'win' your money back or 'win' a free retry.
    3. I would also like to 3 pull options: Single, 5x or 10x, and the 20x. I'd prefer to see 5x vs 10x and have a discounted first try on the 5x as well.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Next character "Knows all the secrets". My guess is Gwenpool. Especially since the color of the clue is her sploits color.
    My immediate thought was Fury, but since it was in pink/purple font, I think you are right.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:
    I quite like you can do 2x 50hp in the cycle. I will take that. IMHB next though so won't need to buy any for him.
    Exactly! So it's 100hp for ~10% chance of pulling 4* cover, not bad deal especially if you float on thousands of HP.

It's worth mentioning because I guess some people from different time zones can miss that opportunity (if their time of vault spawning is close to midnight).
  • broll
    smoq84 wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:
    I quite like you can do 2x 50hp in the cycle. I will take that. IMHB next though so won't need to buy any for him.
    Exactly! So it's 100hp for ~10% chance of pulling 4* cover, not bad deal especially if you float on thousands of HP.

It's worth mentioning because I guess some people from different time zones can miss that opportunity (if their time of vault spawning is close to midnight).

Wait, what? How do you get 2 50hp pulls?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    i was just about to ask that. I checked the vault more than twice yesterday to see if the 50 hp deal reset, but I never saw that.

I was hoping that you had an opportunity to get it when the new vault arrived, and then again after the daily data push. but that didn't happen.
  • smoq84
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:

Yes, one before midnight, next after midnight (it's another day, so new daily deal).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Next character "Knows all the secrets". My guess is Gwenpool. Especially since the color of the clue is her sploits color.

I was going to say Fury.

Even if it were a cover that I needed, and there's not many of them left, there's no way I'm spending 3650 HP for it. I'll save it for a vault that's worth it. These vaults have too much junk in them.
    I will not disagree about the price,but with the clue HB clue was about his first power and the color of the clue was also red for his first power. This clue was purple the same as Gwen pools strongest color. Furys strongest color is yellow. If the clue was yellow over purple I would have said Fury. Furys purple is also escape plan so the clue should have been "always has a way out". Sploits is gwenpools purple power so the cheat codes are all the secrets.

I also think it is more fun to guess the new vault more then being excited about pulling a token.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm down for the daily deal each day. My 2* and 3* are all championed, so that 50 HP is going to come back eventually in the form of champion rewards, and hey, maybe I get lucky.

Like today. I got lucky. My Hulkbuster got the black cover from the vault and joined the growing army of 4* I have at 12 covers. My 3* Iron Man is 3 covers away from Hulkbuster's 13th. Me gusta.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two runs of 50 HP is as good of a deal as you can get. I did it on Nova (championed) and I will do it for Buster and after that Gwenpool. Emptying it will likely not happen with this price.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    only way i'd think about clearing a 4 star vault like these would be x-23 red or purple
  • broll
    smoq84 wrote:
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:

Yes, one before midnight, next after midnight (it's another day, so new daily deal).

So if you do 2 pulls in today, you'll only get 1 tomorrow that is the trade off. Looks like I'll take a second swing at HulkBuster assuming I can be up sometime between midnight and 7am tonight.
  • smoq84
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:

So if you do 2 pulls in today, you'll only get 1 tomorrow that is the trade off. Looks like I'll take a second swing at HulkBuster assuming I can be up sometime between midnight and 7am tonight.
    No. You get 2 pulls per vault. One vault ends and the new one starts with fresh daily deal. There is no reason why using daily deal on one vault would block daily deal on the new one.

EDIT:
    I will explain it more detailed:

New vaults appear at 1p.m. in my timezone. When Nova vault appeared I have bought a daily deal. After a midnight new daily deal appears, so I've bought the second one.
    At 1p.m. today the vault ended and the new one appeared with fresh daily deal which I've bought. At midnight tonight the daily deal will refresh and I will bought the second token for HB vault. And so on...
  • broll
    smoq84 wrote:
    EDIT:

Thanks for that. I got it now. That seems like something the devs overlooked and would probably take away, but I'll use it this week. icon_lol.gif
  • smoq84
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    EDIT:

Thanks for that. I got it now. That seems like something the devs overlooked and would probably take away, but I'll use it this week. icon_lol.gif
    No problem. To be honest I thought it's a more common knowledge.
    Every time when I'm going after daily deals I pay attention to make all possible purchases and it works this way from the very beginning of the vaults.
    But with the 3/4/7-day vaults it doesn't make so much difference. For 1-day limited vaults it makes huge difference though icon_e_wink.gif
  • broll
    smoq84 wrote:

It may well be. I very very rarely use HP on vaults. I've only been playing for about 8 months and it's been a choir to have HP for rosters much less anything else, until very recently (like within the last few weeks).
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:

It may well be. I very very rarely use HP on vaults. I've only been playing for about 8 months and it's been a choir to have HP for rosters much less anything else, until very recently (like within the last few weeks).

Hang in there. Once you can afford to farm your 2*s, it helps your HP totals a lot.
  • broll
    broll wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:

Hang in there. Once you can afford to farm your 2*s, it helps your HP totals a lot.

Yeah, I just revitalized my 2* farm and am for the first time in a place where I can hold that steadily. Currently I've got over 5K HP for the first time out of a few high purchases early on.
  • broll
    Got the Hulk Buster on second 50 HP pull. 100 HP for my HB getting to 11. Rock on!
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Day 3 is officially Gwenpool.

Day 4 hint was about shocking people if he gets charged up. Miles maybe?
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Glad the devs spent all their time correcting important things... no more double pulls..

So they can correct that "problem" in 2 days but I still cant use my Banner in the new pvp season. He's now been rendered useless for almost two weeks.