New Limited Character Vaults

Comments

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't understand the outrage.

Clearly they're still testing.

Just buy your daily deal for 50 HP and move on if you don't like the rest of the vault.

Don't give them any suggestions, they are getting a TON of metrics from people actually buying, which is incredibly more valuable than people claiming price points for where they maybe, possibly, might buy something.

^^ SO MUCH THIS ^^

I paid the 50hp for one token, and snuffed at the rest. My intention will be to buy one 50hp cover a day from any similar forthcoming vault. For those curious, I got a 2* cover. >shrug<
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm ambivalent about it. I'll probably spring for the 50 HP daily deal, but that's it.

Now, if they did a vault with a 5* cover...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Love the rationalization of 3600 for a single four star, "its still good deal if I need it, cause inflation"

Unless you were responding to someone else, I never said it was a good deal, but I do think its a reasonable price. Hp is way easier to come by these days, the inflation is real. You used to be able to get a Coke for a nickel too, but $1 from the soda machine today is reasonable, cause inflation.

Would I prefer a great deal? Damn straight I would. Would a great deal make me more likely to buy into vaults that weren't covers I'm especially eager for? Definitely. Does this price seem out-of-line for what it is in relation to my roster? Nope.

Not you, just the mind set of rationalizing the higher cost. But comparison to a real world tangible items inflation is silly. We're talking about a single cover for an imaginary item.

Hey, their job to milk money out of us, and I don't fault anyone that decides to spend, but a person needs to be honest with themselves when they spend on an over priced 4 star and some concession prizes.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    as always, I will speak with my wallet. You could have 100 comments here telling them the single pull is too expensive but nothing will speak like poor sales numbers

I will buy the one daily 50hp - and the whole thing if I need the 4*

I don't understand the outrage at these types of things, you don't like it don't buy it, it is not a broken feature or anything like that.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now there's only 1 4 star.png cover in game I'd buy out a vault for
    icon_moonknight.pngblackflag.png. He's 2/5/5 with 3 covers in queue
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    I don't understand the outrage at these types of things, you don't like it don't buy it, it is not a broken feature or anything like that.

I think part of the problem is there's nothing else new right now for people to lose their minds about.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I'll throw in with the latest comments, don't complain here, just vote with your money. I threw down the 50HP and got a star.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png! I know you are all jelly.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I wish they'd tell us the characters for all 7 vaults up front. That's a lot of potential hero point spend crammed into one week and liable to generate buyers remorse for someone. I'd hate to buy a Moon Knight tomorrow and miss out on a Peggy later or conversely pass on a cover tomorrow and the the final vaults are Mr Fantastic, Spider Gwen and Sam Wilson.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:

I think part of the problem is there's nothing else new right now for people to lose their minds about.

Yeah, that no doubt is part of it. 5th run of Juggs this year. Off-season PvP. Not exactly exciting times.

Bowgentle wrote:
    Clearly they're still testing.

Indeed. Which I think also plays into some of the exasperation, considering statements like:
    We never mean for players to be beta testers
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:

I don't think that's really true. The last thread like this actually took rage focus away from the horrible level up button, which was pretty bad. I think that fire would have burned longer had a new fire not stolen it's thunder. I think even if there was a new event people would be talking about the pleasure or displeasure with these.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    The new vault successfully got me to buy the daily deal, but no more, and I haven't bought anything from the previous vaults. So it's at least a step in the right direction.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    deadtaco wrote:
    I'll throw in with the latest comments, don't complain here, just vote with your money. I threw down the 50HP and got a star.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png! I know you are all jelly.

Well that's just dumb, one of the reason we got a daily deal and single pull back IS because people complained here about the last vault.

Do people forget this is a consumer product and that feedback whether positive or negative does have influence. Instead, it's boo hoo my Internet forum has negative comments. And there is a big difference between voicing dissatisfaction and outrage...boss rush was outrage...galactus 1 was outrage...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not of interest to me. I might have been tempted had the 10 packs still been there but I'm not buying 20's. Bought the 50hp, got a **** Ares, and will leave it at that.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:

Well that's just dumb, one of the reason we got a daily deal and single pull back IS because people complained here about the last vault.

You have no way of knowing that unless you work for them company and/or they told you...
    They could have done it because no one bought the last one (at least not the volumes they wanted).
    They could have planned x number of tests before they started and are running them all regardless of any feedback or numbers (the fact that this references Christmas makes this seem kinda likely IMO).

Fact is you don't know. IMO it's more likely one of the above two happened, but I certainly don't know either and I'm not going to pretend that I do.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I have read some comments and I have posted my initial thoughts earlier. Here is my thought now. I am not going to pull the daily deal if I don't need the 4* cover. In fact I will only pull the 20 pack if it is a cover I really want and need. If I use 50 HP a day it is basically going to be what 500 ISO a day if you get lucky?? If it is a 4* I want and need I see value in spending 3600 HP. I would prefer to take a chance at 1500-2000 HP for a 10 pack. Overall spending 3500 for 7 single chances feels much more of a waste then spending 3600 1-2 times in 7 days. At least spending 3600 gives you s 20 in 21 odds of getting the 4*.

Also there are only a small number of characters I would pull for Peggy carter, Luke cage and probably medusa. Everyone else I would probably pass.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Obviously making a last minute grab for your Christmas money.
    Don't give in , stand fast, stand firm keep the money in your wallet or purse.

Actually this vault is a great advertisement for a colorless cover. So many people need that one extra cover to complete a character. Get a colorless cover in the vault and sales will increase.
    ...Blah blah blah blah blah, wasting my time as it will never happen. icon_rolleyes.gif

#nuffsaid #excelsior
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quite like you can do 2x 50hp in the cycle. I will take that. IMHB next though so won't need to buy any for him.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next character "Knows all the secrets". My guess is Gwenpool. Especially since the color of the clue is her sploits color.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Next character "Knows all the secrets". My guess is Gwenpool. Especially since the color of the clue is her sploits color.
    I was thinking Professor X, but Gwenpool is a good guess!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

I was going to say Fury.

Even if it were a cover that I needed, and there's not many of them left, there's no way I'm spending 3650 HP for it. I'll save it for a vault that's worth it. These vaults have too much junk in them.