fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
20 items, 24 hours, 50 + 3600 spideycoin.png to empty
This is possibly the worst implementation yet

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    It's 21 items. So when you dip your toe in with 50 HP daily deal, you still have the option of the 20 pack. Other wise it's 400 HP per pull. And these are daily vaults. Happy holidays everyone.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think these vaults are supposed to be gifts to the players. I think they are supposed to be our gifts to devs if we buy them with a small bonus to the players. Like an offer for buying a $50 gift card for someone else and the vendor throws in a $5 gift card for you.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    400 HP a pull?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, no.

Try again, guys.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to create a thread on this. So I don't mind the 3600 to empty the vault. It is on par with the game. A 40 pack in BFF is 10k so 3600 is not insane. The issue is the 400 for a single token and no 10 pack. If you want the 20 pack to be the best value make the single toke 200 HP and the 10 pack 2k. If you want to make the vault equal cost no matter what you pull make the single tokens 180 and the 10 pack 1800.

The one thing I request is stop insulting the player base with insane money grabs with. 400 HP single token. Pulling 21 single tokens would cost 8050 HP. Again you can get a 40 pack for 10K from BFF and get significantly more 4* then the vault.

I will also say I appreciate the ISO rewards and elite tokens in the vault it is an improvement from previous vaults. The lack of 10 pack option is very disapointing and the cost of a single token is extremely disapointing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they want me to drop 3650 hp/day they need to add 2 things to them
    1. 1 of each color of the featured chatacter
    2. A token_legendary.png or 25 commandpointsbig.png
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    20 items, 24 hours, 50 + 3600 spideycoin.png to empty
    This is possibly the worst implementation yet
    Only if you want to guarantee the 4 star. I haven't spent any HP on any of these character vaults before now, but spending 100 for two pulls (once the daily deal resets in the middle) is not too bad... I'd call it better than the heroic daily deal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand the outrage.

Clearly they're still testing.

Just buy your daily deal for 50 HP and move on if you don't like the rest of the vault.

Don't give them any suggestions, they are getting a TON of metrics from people actually buying, which is incredibly more valuable than people claiming price points for where they maybe, possibly, might buy something.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I'm gonna try daily deals every day in vaults with useful 4* cover for me.
    I have over 3K HP at the moment so 50HP seems a really good deal.

Also did the content change? I don't remember elite tokens in previous vaults, but maybe I'm wrong...
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I'm a spender. By no means a whale, but I do have a couple thousands HP from the previous sale. Bought out the SpiderWoman vault because I felt that it was a fair value.

I'm not finding this daily vault fair. Per draw rates are too expensive. Honestly the only thing that would sweeten the deal is CP and/or a legendary token. I'd buy a vault with that. Get on it devs!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll roll the dice on the daily deal, especially since I have no particular need for the covers in my Juggernaut vault, and call it a day.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am just going to assume that the devs were told by Management that there would be no Christmas bonuses this year unless they increase revenues.. hence these lousy money grubbing vaults.

I don't feel the Christmas joy. I rather had seen the return of the Christmas vault we had for PvP last year.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I'm not saying these are a good deal (they're not) but put up the purple Moon Knight I've been trying to pull for like 2 months while I've sold over a dozen black and green covers, and y'all can have my 3600 HP. Nothing else is going to get me to spend on these, but I will buy that cover if it comes up. YMMV, obv
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Since my Nova has already 5 cover in red (Why it's always the "first" color of a character you can get in those special vaults?), I'm not even tempted to spend 50 HP for the daily deal.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    That first 50HP pull is a great deal considering how much HP we get in any given day now. So that, I'll do each day.

Maybe the plan is that each day, the deal after that gets better leading to a mega cheap vault at the end?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I'll have a pop at the first one for just 50 that's worth a gamble but unless there is a Thor red in there I'm not interested in spending any money on it
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't understand the outrage.

Clearly they're still testing.

Just buy your daily deal for 50 HP and move on if you don't like the rest of the vault.

Don't give them any suggestions, they are getting a TON of metrics from people actually buying, which is incredibly more valuable than people claiming price points for where they maybe, possibly, might buy something.

Sure, they are still testing.

But what's irritating is that Demi clearly feels like the original vaults were "too good" a deal for players, because all of the subsequent iterations have just been worse values. It sucks to be offered a digital good at a certain price, and then suddenly have the price increased just because the devs/pubs think they can make even more money. Everyone loves free-to-play, but no one likes seeing the ugly freemium sausage being made.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    50 HP and single draws, good.

Octupling the price for the second draw... icon_lol.gif It is comical how much you guys don't get why people hate you.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    firethorne wrote:
    50 HP and single draws, good.

Octupling the price for the second draw... icon_lol.gif It is comical how much you guys don't get why people hate you.

No offense man but please don't speak for everyone when you say stuff like this. I have not even come close to being tempted to buy anything out one of these vaults. I don't think they're a good deal either but that hardly equals any kind of hatred for the dev team. So, I get where you're coming from but that statement is a little harsh.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like this implementation the best of the 3 and here's why:

1. 50 HP first single pull. I don't mine spending 50 on a 5% chance at a 4*. Except for rare instances though I probably wouldn't try more than that first single (2 or 3 tops).
    2. They brought back the single pulls (they're overpriced after the daily deal deal, but I think there has to be a single option for me to every spend even 1 HP on these).

Improvements needed:
    1. There should be a single a 10x (or 5x) and a 20x.
    2. Include some HP in the actual vault. I'd like to see 3-6 of 2*s (or the 3 Elites) swapped out with 100 - 200 HP positions, maybe even make one like 500 HP.
    3. Ability to reset vault. I didn't buy even the 50 HP token and that's because I got a Red Nova and my Nova is 5/0/1 icon_rolleyes.gif If there was a reset option that toggled the cover (even if cost 100 HP) I would have done that then bought the single deal.

Nice to have improvements:
    1. Make the middle option a 5x and offer a daily deal for that as well.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    is there a list for the upcoming vaults or is that a secret...?