ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    @DeLegibus Is Steve Rogers the character you'd like for your signature? There's already a Captain America but there is prescience for different versions of the same character. Also for your signature you'd pick a color and two words to add on it.

@catniphill I'd recommend not going after players who aren't worth less than 24 points. When you attack someone they can retaliate and if you hit someone for only 10 points they can likely attack back for 30. Your 3 star Thor is by far your best character, with Publisher a distant second. Patch is great too but he's not going to tank with Thor around, which is what Patch is good for. Your gray suit Black Widow would pair well with Thor on offense. I'd build up Hulk, Black Panther, and classic Magneto, if I where you.

Oh yeah, and Ironman 40 isn't all that good, and most people don't think he should be maxed out for best results. A lower level yellow, say 1 or 2, work faster and better to power other's red or blue powers. I myself recently restarted mine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:
    @ Harvey : Saw you'd give your points to an alliance ("Heroes for hire" thread), where are you actually ? icon_e_smile.gif

Did bit of freelancing with TerranDominion to help them with that yellow Captain Marvel cover, since they were one member short (and I really wanted that cover). Nothing serious, my heart still beats for ScarFighters. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Greetings Earthlings!!!

Here are my thoughts on improving performance -

First and most important - cultivate a deep roster. The more strong characters you have available, the more you can swap them in and out. In a PVP, I make a list of pairs that I use with the featured character. I play the pair until one or both have more than an hour to heal and then I swap characters. This way you save your heals for the featured character.

Don't judge a character that isn't sufficiently leveled. I don't think a 3* character can really be accurately evaluated until you have at least 9-10 covers and is at least to level 100. Also, remember that all of us have unique play styles so another person's trash character may be your treasure.

I categorize characters into two classes - power or support. GSBW is power. OBW is support. Power is mainly hitting ability. Support can take many forms: board disruption, strike or protect tiles, AP stealing, temp healing, stunning, boosting, tank, etc. Some characters can play either role depending on whom the are teamed with. Hulk, SHulk, & Rags do power hits but they are also big board disruptors.

My PVP strategy involves shields. I start early (though never the first hour) and play for several hours if possible. After I get to about 250, I never fight anyone with fewer points than I have. I try to find people with higher points so they are less likely to retaliate. If I'm skipping a lot, I stop for a while and wait for more people to get up in ppints. For this reason, I love the X-Men. Those are matches worth the most points. I try to get up in the 700 range in two play sessions. Then I get serious about shielding.

The higher my score goes, the fewer matches I play before shielding. I line up matches before I break shield. I'm a fast player so I crank them out. The first time I get attacked, I stop and shield. Over 1000 and I play one match and reshield. Most of the time I'm not trying to do more than top 5 placement so often the last 24 hours is completely shielded. This time I want that 1100 cover so I'm doing a bunch of one hit wonders today.

I hope this helps.

Now . . . about Captain Marvel . . . . I love her. I can't wait to get her leveled up with my other power hitters. My favorite combo with her is GSBW and Spidey. Thor and CMags is also a pretty powerful combo. I don't need any Patch covers from this PVP but the X-Force yellow would be #13 for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hallo everybody, it has been a long time since I poke my head around here, wanted to see how you guys were doing and seeing if you guys were still MPQrazy
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    Hi Weird! Wow, it's been forever!

What have you been doing all this time? We know you've been playing, because Jan gets your rewards icon_e_smile.gif

ScarFighters has gone through some major changes. You probably won't recognise a lot of names.

We're glad you dropped by!
  • Unknown
    Options
    The majority of my time goes in to working, but I make sure I time for this game for sure. I kinda excited about Deadpool coming to the game and developing stories outside of dark reign.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    @Fae. Thank you for your advice. It's a good insight on how to do well in pvp.

@weird Sci. Hello there. Hope things are going well for you. =)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi weird. The oldschool sig certainly brings back memories.

So what does everyone think of TUs? I think it's fun but definitely needs improvements.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So what does everyone think of TUs? I think it's fun but definitely needs improvements.

I feel like beta tester. Not saying that they are horrible idea, but the implementation seems rushed. The amount of randomness in the distribution of enemy TUs, no inventory control and having to manually pick the powers each time doesn't exactly spell polished to me.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    First it is time for my lines:

I will remember to select Team Ups.

I really like the TU feature. It adds some nice variety. It does need some tweaking but overall I like it a lot better than the environment tiles.

I reconfigured my Patch to 5/3/5. I rarely use the red and I like that self-heal. It means that this is a character I can play a lot around. I've come up with six teams to play with Patch and played each team once. So far, I was happy with all of them.
    1. Loki, Captain Marvel
    2. Hood, CMags
    3. Spidey, Doom (fire off Doom and Patch together and it is brutal)
    4. DareDevil, Falcon
    5. Daken, Mohawk Storm
    6. Psylock, GSBW

So now I have this great set of characters to play with Patch . . . .and I don't need any of the awards.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Found another pair I like with Patch: IM40 and Moonstone. I love her pew pew red.

This is seriously cool. This is a great way to get season points in the SHIELD pvp. Can play forever with these combos.

It took me a while to groove to Patch. The strike tiles for the other team always intimidated me but I've learned how to manage the play so the impact is minimized. The only problem is that I walk around with this cheat sheet in my pocket because I'm rotating so many pairs.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been critical of a lot of things in this game over the last couple months. I played just the same, but made sure to show my displeasure (however fleeting it may have been) by not giving any more of my own cash to D3. Sure, my HP was dwindling as I get put into "Death Brackets", and I'll admit the last time I purchased HP a couple months ago I spent some on tokens.....*smacks my forehead*...yeah....I'm that guy....

But I've resisted. And don't get me wrong, I have been tempted a time or two with new characters and what not to go ahead and pull the trigger on another purchase, but no. I stayed strong.

Now they introduce Team Ups...and......I'm Pro Team Ups (pending delete/refuse button(s)). Tomorrow we get to play around with Deadpool. And what do I find?
    GOOGLE SUMMER SALE STARTS (7/31)
    postby LakeStone » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi Everyone -

Now that the Team-Up info has been shared - In other news, Android users will get a nice surprise and find that Marvel Puzzle Quest is part of the Google Summer Sale and starting tomorrow (fyi – you may even see the promotion start today) and will receive 30% off purchases of Hero Points and Iso-8. As well, all new players will receive a 2* Wolverine cover as a free starter to set off their MPQ adventure. This special promotion runs through August 6th.

- Thank you!

Sure enough, all HP is marked down.

You win D3...you win.... icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hallo everybody, it has been a long time since I poke my head around here, wanted to see how you guys were doing and seeing if you guys were still MPQrazy
    Hey Weird ! What's up ? Are you playing playing on Fire emblem these days ? By the way Dani, where are you on Fire emblem : awakening ? icon_e_smile.gif Heard there is a 2nd Bravely default on the road...I need to try the 1st one yet...
    The oldschool sig certainly brings back memories.
    LOL. Oh yeah icon_lol.gif
    Honestly about Team up, it could be fun but...don't really care, only when it's World Rapture, Supernova or other annoying AoE...but yes, the AI is completely cheated sometimes...I only could throw 1 TU on 10 about...because most of all are more than 11 to 20 cost...
    Anyway...each people will have is own opinion about it, for sure. But what we really need is the R59/60 to delete the useless TU...
    And I really don't have (or want to) waste my time using the useless TU in prologue...
    Did bit of freelancing with TerranDominion to help them with that yellow Captain Marvel cover, since they were one member short (and I really wanted that cover). Nothing serious, my heart still beats for ScarFighters.
    Eheh ^^ I've seen you on the last PvP in my bracket icon_mrgreen.gif
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Hi ScarFighters. Just to give an update.
    As you're aware.. We're looking for replacement members for retiring member (frite) and less active members from pve events.

For frite, we're waiting for CS to relinquish his Founder status or move to realign the commander status to Dani.

For the less active members.. We had one possible candidate.. but he decided to join another alliance. The search continues.. Please let us know if you have any recommendations of new members..

Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Eheh ^^ I've seen you on the last PvP in my bracket icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah, guilty as charged. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I've been participating on events with juiciest covers and skipping the rest.

I really wish they would make collecting covers you already have more rewarding either by allowing trading within alliance or by bringing back the 25 hero point cash in option. But I doubt they do neither as it would make no sense financially.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I really wish they would make collecting covers you already have more rewarding either by allowing trading within alliance ...
    That's already months people (and myself included) talked about it...I don't think it will ever happend one day...(apparently it will be the case for trading within alliance about TU later on).
    But I doubt they do neither as it would make no sense financially.
    Probably for this exact reason icon_mad.gif
  • Ok guys, I'm sorry to interfere in your chat thread, but it's been weeks since Khal-Zarek kept on hitting me over and over again on PvPs.

I am not the one to target guys specifically, because this is not the way I enjoy the game.

Enough is enough.

Khal-Zarek is officially the target of the 3 Sparta Alliances.

I'm just fed up now.
  • mimio
    mimio Posts: 9
    Options
    Arktos, I dono who you are (what's your IGN?), I dono how you can find him to "officially target" him (can never be matched if not similar MMR), but I can confirm he does not do it on purpose. He lives in the same room as me, and I've never heard him saying targetting anyone for any purpose (not even for humour... HE HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOUR!). It's more like the system's matchmaking pairing you both up a lot (similar MMR), and skipping does a LLOOOOTTTTTTT of good (keep getting the same shiatty 3~5 targets) and most importantly, he doesnt check names before hitting (just like me, ask some members here I hit them all the time icon_e_biggrin.gif).
  • You do also realize Arktos, that if he attacks you and you retaliate, he gets the chance to attack you again, right? If you're worth more points to him than he looses to you, why wouldn't he strike again? I know I've struck a guy four or five times because he was above me in points and kept retaliating. I figured easy points for me, and I stopped when we got about even on points.
  • Dantekamar wrote:
    You do also realize Arktos, that if he attacks you and you retaliate, he gets the chance to attack you again, right? If you're worth more points to him than he looses to you, why wouldn't he strike again? I know I've struck a guy four or five times because he was above me in points and kept retaliating. I figured easy points for me, and I stopped when we got about even on points.

Nope, there was no retaliation from me (Khal's scoring was too low so I would not get enough points). I was attacked even when shielded. So I could not retaliate.

It happened I had been hit 3 times in a row. And since this happened several times in several tournaments, I thought it was made purposefully.

Thanks for the explanation.