ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks to all who cheers me up. And I'm sorry if I don't have the good words to tell all what I want to say... icon_e_sad.gif

Dante I'd send you by mail all PSD with all the layers...maybe in multiple mails I think. My Photoshop version is the CS6.

Harvey, do you want to replace me maybe...or it's yet too soon ? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Harvey, do you want to replace me maybe...or it's yet too soon ? icon_e_smile.gif

That depends... How super serious are we about this season? I am willing to put effort in PVE and PVP if it brings useful covers for the alliance, but I am not too keen in racing for 10000+ points for that IW reward and raking a pile of useless covers in the process.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:

That depends... How super serious are we about this season? I am willing to put effort in PVE and PVP if it brings useful covers for the alliance, but I am not too keen in racing for 10000+ points for that IW reward and raking a pile of useless covers in the process.

IW = meh for me personally...

I find a PVP that I am not needing covers and I tell myself, whatever I can relax...2 1/2 days later I find myself shield-hopping to get in the top 5 no matter what.....so I'm not a good one to answer that question. I want to win simply because I want to win! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm more concerned with the individual events vs the season as a whole personally. Especially when there is a shiny and new toy to play with...like this PVE & Captain Marvel icon_e_biggrin.gif

Season 4 = bonus points/gifts to me personally.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:

Also all other forumites around here to name a few (again in no particular order) : DD, Locked, Daveomite, User311, Twysta, Milkrain, Hailmary, Kamuuu, johnaaron33, AdamMagus, Cryptobrancus, qtquazar, RWTDBurn, OTERSEY, Ben Grimm, Arogntbastrd, tonzil, Arktos, TheUnwiseOne...and so much more

Always sad to see a commander leave.

I left the bears and I feel like I'm playing less but that might not be true at all. But I am liking the lack of pressure towards the end of events. Sometimes I even forget that an event is ending or even that MPQ exists.

Also, a friend of mine has roped me back into Borderlands 2 which I've already played too much of in the past.

FriteJay, I hope you enjoy whatever else you play and life in general.
  • Yanos91
    Yanos91 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:
    But what I know and need to do is to thanks everybody here and there...
    So big thanks, in no particular order to my fellow commanders, members, honorary members & ex-members...
    Uni, Dani, Jan, Dante, Fae, Myst, Mac, Rob, Harvey, Waku, Catnip, Dan, Khal, Mimio, Dolby, Jon, Tom, Reuhhh, Iningo, Dan, Fly, Ufo, SgA, Huios, Suture, Yanos, WeirdSci, Avari, Captain crunk, Elysium, Ken, Shane, Ssnake, Pyro, Raf...I probably missed a few...apologizes again... icon_e_sad.gif

Thank you fritejay, it was an honour. You and the rest of the Scarfighters made this game for me. I'm sad to see that you are leaving, and on another note, delighted to see you are all doing so well!

All the best
    Yanos
  • Unknown
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:

Season 4 = bonus points/gifts to me personally.

You pretty much summed my thoughts there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, what shall we do?
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Today's word is BLUE.

I did it to myself. I had this idea - a rather fantastic idea. What if there was a blue raspberry flavor that actually made things blue. You could make blue cupcakes or a blue birthday cake. It would be awesome. So I did something I don't normally do - I created a flavor extract with color. Lots of color. Lots of bright blue color. In the flavor world that Aramina and I live in, we keep flavor and color separate. This time I put them together.

Here's what I didn't know - it would turn out to be one of our most popular flavors ever - not just for parents baking kiddie cakes but for everyone. Aramina is my flavorists and colorist. She works with pure dyes and creates dilutions for the production guys. Today Aramina is sleeping on my office couch fighting off a cold. So when the production guys needed blue liquid, I got to go into her lab and measure the dye. Now her lab scale is blue. Her formulating table is blue. Some of her folders are blue. I am blue. I wore gloves but I am blue. I can literally see the blue in the pores of my arms. This isn't the stunning blue of Spiderman or the healing blue of OBW. This is an evil, demonic blue that gradually takes over your life.

Just wanted to share the wonderful world of food flavors with everyone. Normally I love it . . . . .normally, I'm not blue.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Hi. Never knew blue can overtake the world. I like the color of blue in general. .but just the normal run of the mill blue.=)

On a more pressing matter.

Mimio, Dante, reuhh, Tomarvel82.
    Please help to get more points in pve.
    We would like to get the alliance to get captain marvel alliance rewards..
    We've fallen out of top 100 already...
    =(
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    I'm all about the pink, myself. Avari loves it when we do blue stuff. She literally went back to the lab and dyed her tongue blue today - and then scared all the warehouse guys.

PVE in my group is really close. I'm in the mid 30's now and only about 2000 points separates me from #1. I will be top 20 - and kill all my characters trying with the level of scaling.

I've got 5 combinations I'm using with Panther - GSBW/Daken, Thor/Moonstone, SHulk/Hulk, Patch/CMags, Mags/Torch and Mohawk Storm/OBW. I usually get bored before I've gotten through all the health in the combos so I haven't tried any other. Panther Black is great for the final kill on a team.

For my alliance mates - my ways to take out Sentry. Protect your team and he will self-destruct and take a lot of his team with him. My preferred method is Spidey Pink. I reconfigured his pink to 5 and I use him a lot for the protect tiles. Hood Yellow is also good. OBW can delay the countdown timers. Still, if you get protect tiles out there, he hurts himself and his team while doing single digit damage to you.

We traded date night for a work night. I brought dinner in, got Mystwalker comfy and playing MPQ on my office couch . . . and then I'll lay out all the programming I want him to do for me. I'm from the American south. I was raised that food and hospitality precedes everything - and then you have them right where you want them . . . hahahahaha.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks again to cheers me up, Milkrain, Yanos & also Fly. Hope you're doing well also with your team Yanos ! Like your & Duffman sig too icon_e_smile.gif
    So, what shall we do?
    Sorry to be so late Harvey, but right now I can't let you enter yet...no response from the CS icon_e_sad.gif
    I really hope you could join before the end of pve to replace me...

Fae : Thanks to share your MPQ strategies and your blue world icon_e_smile.gif
    unimatrix wrote:
    On a more pressing matter.

Mimio, Dante, reuhh, Tomarvel82.
    Please help to get more points in pve.
    We would like to get the alliance to get captain marvel alliance rewards..
    We've fallen out of top 100 already...
    =(
    Yes, please help teamates ! I'd try to play more today in pve.
  • rbdragon
    Options
    I've been sticking to playing the goon only nodes in the pve - I'm sick of Rags and Bullseye icon_evil.gif

Assuming LCap is a mainstay, I've been teaming him with ny of the following combos: LDaken/HT, LDaken/Falcon, Psylocke/Falcon, LDaken/mnMags, and if everyone's dead, Ares/OBW.

My best luck today was LDaken/mnMags...let Mags feed LCap blue to freeze one and take out another's "< 3" tile. This combo was the only one I could win the node with two 212 hitmen (Iso-8 Raiders)
  • rbdragon
    Options
    Daily reward for me today was 3 health packs...it's pretty sad when that is the most exciting prize, but with healing the way it is nowadays, it really is the most valuable - especially at the end of a brutal PVE icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Hi ScarFighters.
    unfortunately, our alliance fell out of top 100 with 1,136,217 points.

The top 5 scorers are:
    -Faerie 64520
    -danikalil 63899
    -rbrdragon 63514
    -Mystwalker 63382
    -Dolbet 62830 (crazy dude.. he went from last position to top 5! icon_e_smile.gif )[/list]

the bottom three scorers are:
    -Tomarvel82 49075
    -Mimio 43302
    -reuhhh 37589

@reuhh... please communicate more. we need your help to also contribute points in PVE. your PVP scores are top 5, but we need PVE rewards especially for new characters.

@Mimio.. please let me or dani or anyone know your plan in getting your phone problem fixed. we need your help to contribute points.
    are you going to fix your phone soon?

@Tomarvel82. no communication so far from you. you've been performing poorly at PVP and PVE. you have a level 153 Steve Rogers, so I don't think because of a lack of good characters to beat the goons in PVE. is there anything wrong at your side? please let us know. otherwise, I think for the good of the alliance, we will have to replace you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    2ezs8pi.jpg

icon_e_wink.gif

EDIT: Result was pretty much an accident, though. Looks like less you try until the final hour the better, thanks to the extremely generous rubberbanding in the event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hello all,

This post is going to come off as super hostile, or like I'm super angry. I promise that I am not mad or anything like that. And I don't know how to avoid it sounding hostile, so I apologize in advance for this post being somewhat mean.

A lot of people don't like calling people out by name, but that runs the risk of the proper targets of criticism not taking it seriously. I'm not trying to hurt feelings, or cause undue stress, or be obnoxious. I am getting fed up with seeing the same people sitting at the bottom regularly, though. I know some of them are commanders and it's not obvious (or possible?) how to deal with them.

Before I start whining, let me say a couple things. I know life happens. I know this is a game. I know not everyone wants to be stressed out by something that should be fun. I'm not calling anyone out because of one performance. So, I don't want to hear any excuses about, "but life...," or, "well just this one event..."

If I'm calling you out here, it's because I see that you are regularly at the bottom. If I'm mistaken about anyone, your teammates will correct me. So if you are unjustly under attack, don't worry. If I'm missing someone though, feel free to throw them under the bus icon_e_biggrin.gif

These people are regularly around the bottom on PvP and/or PvE events: Reuhh, Mimio, Catniphill, Tomarvel, Dantekamar

Regarding PvP, it's not like we're missing covers, so it's not a big deal. But regularly failing to get even 400 points is hard to understand.

More importantly, regarding PvE, we've failed to get top 100 three times now in past couple months. I don't care if you're getting 10 trillion points in PvP, pull your weight in PvE.

People in this alliance are expected to perform at a level that will get top 100 for alliance in every event. If we miss one here and there, fine. Three times in a couple months is not fine. This does not mean doing great in some events is an excuse to perform terribly in other ones (again, terrible once in a blue moon is fine). I don't want this to turn into an alliance where people are getting shuffled in and out constantly so we can get the highest rank we possibly can. But that doesn't mean we should keep people that are regularly performing poorly and costing us covers.

If people are often doing poorly, then they need to be replaced. The ones I mentioned are the ones that I see hovering the bottom regularly. I'm not saying kick them all out or anything, but if it continues then yes I think they should be removed.

Last, if this post is breaking one of the rules on first post of this thread, then I apologize.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    There is a phrase I learned many years ago: Tell the truth and let go of the outcome. It's hard to do but it does make life simpler in the long run.

I think it is reasonable to assume that at any given time, one or two people in the alliance will have life issues that come before MPQ. I think what frustrates everyone the most is when there is no communication. I get sometimes you can't do that till after the fact but most of the time you can drop a line.

I don't know how it is outside the US but here every device has a facebook app that makes it easy to post messages on facebook. Would having a facebook page for the alliance make it easier to communicate?

During the last four hours of PVE I was playing a node, working a bit, finding another renewed node and playing, working, playing, working playing. I continued to climb and, surprisingly, got a lot of work done in the interim. At the last hour I was #13 so I figured all I had to do was maintain. To my surprise, with ten minutes left to go, I was #1 - by maybe 200 points. I didn't figure I would hold on but I did. So now I have Captain Marvel and X-Force is up to 12 covers.

It is weird that normally by this point I've already shielded for the remainder of the PVP. I'll take breaks to play and we'll see how this PVP goes. I do need the Sentry covers.

That leads to my problem: Sentry. Sentry is one messed up dude and even in the entertainment part of my life, I don't spend time with seriously dysfunctional people. I mean, the guy self-inflicts - on himself and his team. I would be telling him to get some therapy if he wanted to hang around. So I have this huge mental block playing him - which is funny because I'm always reminding Avari that this stuff isn't real. I suspect it is going to take more time than usual to figure out strategy for playing Sentry.

BP is a great character but with the boost, I get the poor catman killed all the time.
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    @ Mac -point duly noted. Uni, Jan and I have been trying to find a solution, and we'll do our best to get things back on track as soon as possible. To those who didn't read it in the chat, we did try to contact the bottom scorers - we started sending messages two days before the event was over - but we had no replies. So Fae's right, people must communicate. If they never do, we'll have to replace them.

We ask you all to be a little patient. As you all know, Uni, Jan and I have been actually running this alliance for about a week now, and some problems go back a long way before that. We promise you we're trying to get everything right with the minimum disturbance and as quickly as possible.

Following Fae's suggestion, we will also create a FB page so we can all get together. It'll be great for communication, and also for talking about other things than the game - RL is sometimes interesting too icon_e_smile.gif. Once it's done, we'll ask you to send your FB links so we can add you!

P.S.: @ Unimatrix - fully agree. Let's work with that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Are a lot of you guys from EU? That might explain the low pve scores. The last 4 hours really can make a difference.

Is the ingame chat not good enough though? I kinda miss being able to chit chat in realtime.

I've been placing decently well lately. Managed to pick up all 3 ms. Marvel covers. I'm pretty comfortable enough being allianceless though. No stress at all. I really appreciate d3 making the rewards more leniant for solo players like myself. Before only being able to get 2 covers, now can get 3.

But still, I do miss the teamwork and the sense of belonging. You guys at the bottom end of points should be thankful to be in such a great guild.

Anyways, good luck getting top 100 in the next event! icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    2ezs8pi.jpg
    icon_e_wink.gif
    EDIT: Result was pretty much an accident, though. Looks like less you try until the final hour the better, thanks to the extremely generous rubberbanding in the event.
    How did you do Harvey ??? Woke up at 4am ??? Even at 5am I got some troubles to get up icon_cry.gif I finished about #367 (about 53k)... only had time to play the last 10 minutes...
    Are a lot of you guys from EU?
    Yes, we are at least 5 : reuhhh, Tom, SgA, Ufo & me. All in France except SgA in Denmark & Ufo in England. (and you also could count 6 with Harvey in Finland)

And to sum it all...yes communication is the key...we never could say it enough icon_e_sad.gif