ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Greetings Fellow ScarFighters - and other mortals . . . .

I continue to fight a nasty cold and I am just sucking at PVP right now. However, PVE doesn't care that I'm not playing well so I will keep working at it there. I like Deadpool. He'll be a fun character. Definitely shooting for top 5 in the PVE.

Avari, Mystwalker and I are at my office this afternoon. I have to hire three new people so we are alternating between interviews, MPQ and some routine work. Plus - it is unpleasant outside and air conditioned in here. It RAINED!!!! Southern California is literally one big desert. In most of California, May - October is the dry season. It never rains in the summer but last night it seriously rained. It is actually humid here. Usually in August we are starting to resemble dried out shriveled husks. The cats actually went out into the rain last night - it is that much of a novelty.

We saw Guardians of the Galaxy this week. What great fun. I'm sure the girls and I will be seeing it again.

Anyone here read Ilona Andrews? I just read the latest Kate Daniels book - and liked it so much I'm reading it again. I love the way they wrapped up a major story arc and set it up for future books.

Time for another round of PVE. We definitely want to do well in this one.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:

We saw Guardians of the Galaxy this week. What great fun. I'm sure the girls and I will be seeing it again.

Saw it on Saturday - it is by far the funniest of the Marvel movies...and simply a ton of fun. I enjoyed it very much, even if it did screw up me getting top 5 in the pve (missed the last refresh on DP vs MH sub)...

One thing I noticed as I was one of the first in the theatre, is there were quite a lot of female-only groups who came to see it - a nice thing to see with a genre generally considered male-dominated....

Anyway, onto MPQ stuff - I know I mentioned my PvP score suffering this time with the pve happening, but the server outage took me out completely as I was planning on grinding that last hour and feel I left at least a couple hundred points on the board. We still got our Alliance cover, so no harm no foul I suppose. I'm just glad that it happened on a tourney that I am cover maxed on the prize.

Ended up 21st in DP tourney - so 1 of each cover...not bad and not complaining about that for sure - I cannot wait until I have him useful....
  • So these server outages are pretty annoying. Just trying to score some points and do my part, but they're not making it easy icon_e_wink.gif

GotG is fantastic. Couldn't resist and went to the 7PM show on Thursday by myself. Had a blast! Think I'm going to go see it again tomorrow.

Hope you guys are having better luck logging in. Cheers.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Arggh. This pve is too long. Still 4 more days to go.
    But this sub is 24 hrs only. Can't beat the ares node so far.. lost two teams there.. will try again later.

On another note..
    what are you using along with mohawk storm pvp?
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    unimatrix wrote:
    Arggh. This pve is too long. Still 4 more days to go.
    But this sub is 24 hrs only. Can't beat the ares node so far.. lost two teams there.. will try again later.

On another note..
    what are you using along with mohawk storm pvp?

Uni, we get you. Ares is absurdly bothersome and Jan can't stand losing to him anymore. The only team that works for that battle is Patchneto...but then scaling goes up.

Jan says it's very unfair to pair goons with chars that use the same colour as them. Ares' green fills up way too fast.

We've not started Mohawk yet, but Jan says she'll use Patchneto or Hulk/Punisher. She rarely changes her team - she always plays with her best chars icon_e_smile.gif

And congrats everyone for the last PvP! Even with Sga on vacation, we stayed in top 50. Way to go!

P.S.: Fae and Rob, Guardians of the Galaxy is good? We want to watch it!
  • unimatrix
    Options
    @Fae.. i just read the description of Kate Daniels series. . That's a long series..I'm afraid it'll have to wait till I finish my recently bought Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time.

@Dani. I'm using Psylocke & Lazy Daken, Thor & GSBW, LazyCap & Punisher. CapPun tends to be a very slow match. I hate CMag in my enemies.. The animation of the blue and red casts are just irritatingly slow.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Uni - I gave up on Wheel of Time. For me, it is all about the characters and as the series went on I realized I did not like spending time with those characters.

My favorite pairing with Mohawk Storm is SHulk and Spidey. It's a rare event where I don't play a lot of pairs but this combo really grooved for me.

I'm still fighting a nasty summer cold. It sucks for PVP but it means I'm playing more PVE. I can only sleep a few hours at a time so I wake up, play a round and go back to sleep. Of course, it also means I can't make it through my work day without a nap. Fortunately I have a couch in my office.

I've been reading Fantastic Four comics from 1998. I'm thinking that I should read up on Deadpool. Any recommendations?
  • unimatrix
    Options
    @Faerie.. Wheel of Time is slow.. i get distracted too easily with MPQ during my commuting time.
    For Cold remedy.. hot Ginger tea works for me .. and lots of sleep.

@sGA.. are you back online yet?

@rest of ScarFighters.. if you've not harvested the main PVE nodes.. please do so. lots of points there.
    the sub-event is a repeat .. new scotland yard.
    bleah.
    icon_e_smile.gif

any rumors on what new characters they have to be released?
  • Hey guys, wanted to give you a heads up but I think I might step back after the end of this season.

Destiny comes out pretty soon and I plan to dive into that. I also think MPQ is getting a little stale for me. I wanted to let you know in advance so that you can be looking for good applicants. You have been a wonderful group to play with and get to know but I am thinking like Frite before me, it just might be time.
  • rbdragon
    Options
    My current Team Up List includes:
    • Level 395 Hulk Smash
    • Level 395 Hulk TC
    • Level 368 Hulk Smash
    • Level 351 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 288 Hulk Smash
    • Level 288 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk TC
    • and others...

icon_twisted.gif Team Ups can be fun I think...hehehe
  • unimatrix
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    • Level 395 Hulk Smash
    • Level 395 Hulk TC
    • Level 368 Hulk Smash
    • Level 351 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 288 Hulk Smash
    • Level 288 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk TC
    • and others...

what???? how did you get so many TC? I had 3 smashes in a row and i thought they only give out smash TUs??
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • rbdragon
    Options
    unimatrix wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:
    • Level 395 Hulk Smash
    • Level 395 Hulk TC
    • Level 368 Hulk Smash
    • Level 351 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 341 Hulk TC
    • Level 288 Hulk Smash
    • Level 288 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk Smash
    • Level 209 Hulk TC
    • and others...

what???? how did you get so many TC? I had 3 smashes in a row and i thought they only give out smash TUs??
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm up to 16 Hulk TUs now *LOL*...the others are a CotS, AggreRec, ThundSryk, and ControlShift.....trying to get rid of the CS and get a 17th Hulk, but I guess I missed the boat....oh well icon_e_biggrin.gificon_twisted.gif
  • I've gotten a number of Thunder Claps too, don't think I've gotten a Smash yet though. Wish they had a delete function.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Hey guys, wanted to give you a heads up but I think I might step back after the end of this season.

Destiny comes out pretty soon and I plan to dive into that. I also think MPQ is getting a little stale for me. I wanted to let you know in advance so that you can be looking for good applicants. You have been a wonderful group to play with and get to know but I am thinking like Frite before me, it just might be time.

It's a shame you're leaving, Iningo! It took so long for you to join us, and it lasted little...we wish you the best of luck!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Destiny? I'm always looking for absorbing games.
  • Destiny is a fps that's mmo coming out for I believe just the PS3 and 4. It's supposed to have some cool features but I can't remember them right now.
  • Dante has it right, it's an FPS that's made by the guys who created Halo, Bungie. Halo is one of the few FPS's I've really ever gotten into. I was in the Beta and the best way to explain it is if WoW, Borderlands 2, and Halo had a baby, this would be it. It's kind of an MMO light (without the monthly fee) but has enough action to it to stand completely on it's own. I think it will be one of the big new franchises for this next generation of consoles. It's on PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and I think Xbox 360 but should be much better on the PS4 and Xbox One. If anyone has a PS4, I think I have the same gamertag on there. (IningoMontoya) Feel free to add me.

I agree it seemed way too short of a time with you all. It's strange, I just woke up one day and realized I wasn't really having fun playing MPQ anymore. It seems team ups are the big change, but it didn't really change too much for me. Late in pvps I use the other boosts still for quick wins. Nothing but recycled content except for the Deadpool event. It seemed I was mainly doing it because of my competitive side and to do my part in the Alliance. That just didn't seem to be a good enough reason from the game side of things to keep going. Maybe after taking a break I'll wind up liking it again.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Iningo, you're absolutely right. If the game is not being fun right now, you should play something else. There are so many games out there.

Destiny looks very interesting. We actually don't have PS3 or 4 - we stopped at 2 and moved to PC and Android / IOS games. Right now I'm personally engrossed in Nintendo 3DS.

We hope you come write on the thread from time to time, and if you ever want in again, let us know!

P.S.: we're starting the recruiting thread again. As soon as the Season is over and everyone's received the ultimate prize - IW cover icon_e_sad.gif - we'll replace you, OK? If you change your mind, just yell.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grats on that PVP win, Faerie icon_e_smile.gif
    Was fun seeing you hop slowly, but so very determinedly to first place icon_e_smile.gif
    I don't think I want to know how many shields you burned though, lol icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Does destiny have crossplatform play?

I have a ps3, but dont wanna play it if the ps3 servers are empty.

Right now, I'm playing Oblivion. I thought about pickin up Skyrim since it's only $20, but prefer to play Oblivion first.

As for mpq, meh. I keep getting outside top 100, so I oft ask myself why even bother at all. Mmr has me constantly facing maxed teams when I only have 1 maxed character (Cap) and perform poorly in events.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Thanks, Bowgentle. I really didn't think I would do it and really didn't need the covers . . . but I did need the Season 4 points and the SHIELD matches just weren't giving me much.

I'm up to seven fully leveled 3*s now. After I had four guys leveled I figured I better get some ladies in there so this past week I got GSBW, SHulk and Psylocke up. Now I'm working on Captain Marvel. I seemed to have raised Aramina to be passionate about social justice issues and gender equality in particular. I realized I couldn't show her a roster with only the guys fully leveled.

This month has been nuts at work. It's been like 18 days of full moon crazy. MPQ breaks are keeping me sane - along with many cups of tea.