ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Hello Fae. I too can't wait for the weekend.
    Shhh. .don't encourage the devs. They may have lazy juggy in the works.

What is in the plan for this weekend ..movies? I just finished rerun of Bourne movies. I think matt Damon is still the most appropriate actor to act in it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I never wouldn't say it one day...but I can't play anymore the game...
    At a moment I was tempted to play casually...but I don't think it's possible for me. And I don't think I'm the only one.

The power of balance was fun...but looking at new S4...wow...
    Sure it's not the only reasons...there are tons of them...but i don't want to bored people with my problems.

Anyway, I hope you all could understand me.

I will stay until you could find someone to replace me, no worries.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi there fellow ScarFighters...just wanted to give my 2 cents regarding Season 4 and how it pertains to our alliance.

D3 decided to "reward" the hard working alliances with the gift of Yellow IW- how amazingly underwhelming.

My opinion is this - I refuse to allow D3 to dictate how I play their game. I play the same way every time I play for one simple reason - I enjoy the game. I would say that prizes and rewards are the motivating factor but it's not true - competition is. I found myself fighting for the top spot in a tourney where I was fully covered for the prize simply because I could. THAT's why I play the game.

I joined this alliance many months ago because I was tired of fighting and grinding and not being able to get anywhere because you had to be in a top alliance to get that 3rd cover. I stayed because this alliance is filled with the best teammates one could hope to have.

I know there are some who are contemplating taking time off, or even quitting altogether. Please reconsider. If the game is no longer fun for you to play, I understand that completely - games run their course. But please PLEASE don't allow D3 to dictate that decision to you simply because of their unbelievable lack of insight as to what a good reward is for a 30+ day event.

If other members of the alliance feel the need to ease off the gas pedal for the time being - I personally won't be offended or feel the need to jump ship - just so long as we all communicate our intentions properly.

For me personally - I plan on finding my motivation from Dory in Finding Nemo - "Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming swimming swimming" icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    Hi there fellow ScarFighters...just wanted to give my 2 cents regarding Season 4 and how it pertains to our alliance.

D3 decided to "reward" the hard working alliances with the gift of Yellow IW- how amazingly underwhelming.

My opinion is this - I refuse to allow D3 to dictate how I play their game. I play the same way every time I play for one simple reason - I enjoy the game. I would say that prizes and rewards are the motivating factor but it's not true - competition is. I found myself fighting for the top spot in a tourney where I was fully covered for the prize simply because I could. THAT's why I play the game.

I joined this alliance many months ago because I was tired of fighting and grinding and not being able to get anywhere because you had to be in a top alliance to get that 3rd cover. I stayed because this alliance is filled with the best teammates one could hope to have.

I know there are some who are contemplating taking time off, or even quitting altogether. Please reconsider. If the game is no longer fun for you to play, I understand that completely - games run their course. But please PLEASE don't allow D3 to dictate that decision to you simply because of their unbelievable lack of insight as to what a good reward is for a 30+ day event.

If other members of the alliance feel the need to ease off the gas pedal for the time being - I personally won't be offended or feel the need to jump ship - just so long as we all communicate our intentions properly.

For me personally - I plan on finding my motivation from Dory in Finding Nemo - "Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming swimming swimming" icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hi Rob,

Don't worry. We're trying to find the better way to solve the question of our leader leaving. We're working on that, and will keep everyone informed.

You're a great team player too, and Jan so enjoys chasing your scores on PvE. Uni, Jan and I are on the job, and we'll keep ScarFighters alive.

This is an excellent game, and Jan isn't quitting it anytime soon. No matter what the Season prize may be, the game itself is fun. And we could use a break from the Fury cover pressure - maybe scores will be closer to normal again?

And we couldn't have hoped for better players than you guys. You all rock. We're proud to be ScarFighters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, frite leaving? How could this be?!? icon_eek.gif

I've been playing casually and still enjoy it somewhat. I rarely manage to place even top 100 these days so there's practically no progression for me. But the pve rewards are typically easier since the cutoff point tends to be easier, sometimes top 200 only needed.

I actually went back to playing coc because it's much easier to play casually in an alliance and be chatty. I've contemplated giving brave frontier a try, but I dunno how multiplayer-centric it is. I really prefer my games to be social.

Are you considering playing a different game frite?
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Uni - we finally (after 8 months) started unpacking our dvd and blu-rays so we are 'rediscovering' some old favorites. I'm thinking a Harry Potter weekend might be a nice change of pace. As the lone Slytherin in a house of Gryffindors I sometimes need a little Snape in my life.

frite - I completely understand. Sometimes you just get over involved and need to step back. If you aren't having fun, it is definitely time to stop.

Rob - I'm also in it for the competition. This is an outlet for my competitive side and I enjoy it as such. I didn't need any Psylocke covers but I still worked to win. I like getting in the top 5 because I figure it is extra ISO if I don't need the character.

As the standard bearer for the un-appreciated characters, I like Invisible Woman. I think she is a little over-priced but I can't wait to get her fully loaded and leveled. She isnt' easy to play. The bubble characters really take some thinking. I'm glad there is a new season - another way to compete. I'm going to start earlier in the Shield PVP and try to place higher in the overall season.

I've really like the Unstable ISO-8 events each time they repeat. I remember the first one I played. I couldn't win most of the nodes but I kept trying. It still surprises me to see level 114 rated as easy for me. That just doesn't compute.

I learned some valuable lessons yesterday. Playing when physically and mentally exhausted is a special treat.
    1. OBW and Spidey are not interchangeable. No matter how many times you try, OBW blue will not stun.
    2. Accidently using Doom instead of CMags radically changes the game you were planning.

Now the big decision - what combos to play with Psylocke. I need green, yellow and purple (that looks like pink). I think I will start with Hood and GSBW. Maybe throw some Thor and Spidey in there. Any suggestions?
  • rbdragon
    Options
    My earlier post was created without even knowing of frite's decision - not in response to it. I just want to get that out there.

@frite - if you need to step back for reasons unrelated to the game, you will be missed, but supported. My hope is that whatever is causing you troubles gets resolved in a positive manner so that you can be happy. That's truly what matters.

@Fae - I like using Psylocke with Falcon and Human Torch - Falcon to boost the strike tiles and HT because - well because I like using him icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rob - that's great. I'll try it. I love Torch's green. It is an awesome damage dealer. Falcon is the perfect support player.

So far I've been very happy with my first two combos. I like to use multiple combos and then I only need to spend heals on the featured character.

I totally mucked up the first Psylocke event. I just couldn't wrap my head around her character but now she is one of my main damage dealers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Waku : I just play Magic 2015 a little...but I really need to step back from games. Also, Ultra SF4 will soon appear on PC (in august)...but I'll just play once in a week with a friend. That's all. And you ? SF ?

All SF : Apologizes to everybody. All my thoughts are completely muddle...

But what I know and need to do is to thanks everybody here and there...
    So big thanks, in no particular order to my fellow commanders, members, honorary members & ex-members...
    Uni, Dani, Jan, Dante, Fae, Myst, Mac, Rob, Harvey, Waku, Catnip, Dan, Khal, Mimio, Dolby, Jon, Tom, Reuhhh, Iningo, Dan, Fly, Ufo, SgA, Huios, Suture, Yanos, WeirdSci, Avari, Captain crunk, Elysium, Ken, Shane, Ssnake, Pyro, Raf...I probably missed a few...apologizes again... icon_e_sad.gif

Also all other forumites around here to name a few (again in no particular order) : DD, Locked, Daveomite, User311, Twysta, Milkrain, Hailmary, Kamuuu, johnaaron33, AdamMagus, Cryptobrancus, qtquazar, RWTDBurn, OTERSEY, Ben Grimm, Arogntbastrd, tonzil, Arktos, TheUnwiseOne...and so much more

When I'd have to leave the game...this will be certainly tough. Because even if some don't think I can...I really love you all guys/gals. And even if I will probably less talk here & there...I'd probably lurk again & again.

This is much more of a game...
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Also all other forumites around here to name a few (again in no particular order) : DD, Locked, Daveomite, User311, Twysta, Milkrain, Hailmary, Kamuuu, johnaaron33, AdamMagus, Cryptobrancus, qtquazar, RWTDBurn, OTERSEY, Ben Grimm, Arogntbastrd, tonzil, Arktos, TheUnwiseOne...and so much more

Stay strong, oh scarred one. We'll see you on the trails.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @FaerieMyst - Even though I ended up switching away from Juggernaut, it was good to see him again. 20k plus life! Yolo! headbutt! He was my one star tank and great for keeping Storm shielded if I kept her at a low enough level. I was actually thinking what they could do for a lazy Juggernaut. I'd like to see them mod his red and green just a little and add a black power called Momentum. It would change 3 random tiles to red, green, and black, and each successive level adds 3 more tiles, so max level creates 5 of each color. You could focus on green and black and have a self fueling machine like CMags, or go red and black and have a tank that supports special tile generation, our focus on classic red and green and have one awesome defensive character.

I really enjoyed the balance of power PvP. It have old characters a new life and let people with smaller rosters compete. I ended up using CMags, and two star Thor and Dakken. Did fairly well on defense, though there where many attacks, managed a 3rd place finish, completing my Psylock covers 5/3/5.

@fritejay2 - You're leaving?! You're the heart and soul of the team. I hate to see you go, not just because it'll we won't be the same without you but your an awesome person too. I know Invisible Woman isn't a great season prize but it's not that bad. I know, you have other reasons too. I hope you change your mind though, even though I get the impression really life is weighing heavy on your mind these days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    *waves furiously*

We'll miss you Fritejay, best of luck with everything!
  • unimatrix
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    I learned some valuable lessons yesterday. Playing when physically and mentally exhausted is a special treat.
    1. OBW and Spidey are not interchangeable. No matter how many times you try, OBW blue will not stun.
    2. Accidently using Doom instead of CMags radically changes the game you were planning.
    Yes, OBW nets are not the same as Spidey's webs.
    icon_e_smile.gif
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Now the big decision - what combos to play with Psylocke. I need green, yellow and purple (that looks like pink). I think I will start with Hood and GSBW. Maybe throw some Thor and Spidey in there. Any suggestions?
    I tried Thor with GSBW as her partner. good for offense, but easy picking for defense.
    still fine tuning..

@Rob. Good attitude.. I play as long it's fun for me.

@Frite, we'll miss you and your lively response in the thread and your SIGS.. and we need to create a new thread later on for the alliance, so we can change the title icon_e_sad.gif
    in the meantime, stick around dude.. we'll need sometime to find a replacement for you..
    icon_e_smile.gif
  • danikalil
    Options
    Hi ScarFighters,

Just to let you know that Fritejay, Unimatrix, and Jan and I have agreed on a plan for keeping our great team alive.

Since Fritejay is leaving, our alliance will no longer have a founding member; and founding members, according to info from CS, cannot be replaced. In an alliance without a creator, all commanders have the same power and, should a commander become inactive - it has happened to us more than once - no one will be able to kick him out. And of course we need someone to take the leader's place, manage recruitment, speak to CS etc.

Therefore, Fritejay has sent a request to CS that all commander status be removed, except for Unimatrix, Jan and I's (for those who don't know it, Jan and I together form Danikalil), who will be the new nucleus of command. Once that request is granted, he will be able to leave the game.

Nothing should change. Unimatrix and us are already used to helping Fritejay manage the alliance, and things run pretty smoothly even without our help - you are all awesome team members. But, should you have any questions, suggestions, complaints or anything else, please come to Unimatrix or to us - Danikalil - for help. We're both in different timezones (Unimatrix in Asia, and Jan and I in South America), so there'll probably be someone around whenever you need us.

Our team rocks. Let's keep on playing well like we always do - it has worked magic so far.

Go ScarFighters!
  • Unknown
    Options
    @fritejay2 Since you'll be leaving ;( do you could send me some specs on how you make the sigs? I can approximate them but specifics like font, size, resolution, and dimensions would be helpful.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Dantekamar wrote:
    @fritejay2 Since you'll be leaving ;( do you could send me some specs on how you make the sigs? I can approximate them but specifics like font, size, resolution, and dimensions would be helpful.

Dante, it would be really cool if you could make new sigs! I remember you said you know how to work with art, back in our bygone thread. We could really use your help. Thank you!
  • Unknown
    Options
    @danikalil Yeah I can help out. I've even had experience running a clan in Warcraft 3 but I just don't have the availability to take a full leadership roll right now. Work is very demanding now with a short handed staff.
  • rbdragon
    Options
    I can also help out in the artwork respect - although my strength is coding, I do have av making experience for years in HTML based chat rooms.....

I can help out anywhere I'm wanted/needed actually... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Guys and gals..

Please remember to put in time for PVE.
    Dante, mimio, Flyapart, tom.. Please score more points.

Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fritejay2, this certainly was a surprise. Thank you for everything you've done for the alliance. It is tough to see you go.