ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hey gang, I went on vacation yesterday and where i'm at has limited connectivity. So between that and...well...being on vacation...I may have limited scores and such for the next week. I'm going to focus on PvP where I can, but PvE is definitely going to suffer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uni, sorry been crazy at work and haven't checked the forum at all. You looking for places to eat? Guang Zhou isn't nice necessarily, but has good Chinese food and A LOT of it, especially if you order their two combo. Can pretty much be 2 meals if you want. Twin Peaks is over there if you are looking for some "scenic views" and when I was there last had some decent talent. icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you wind up downtown, try out Bleubird and kind of interesting take on a deli. Only open for lunch though. Alavita for Italian and Fork for a jack of all trades restaurant are also very good down there. We have a number of Thai restaurants that are very good as well for whatever reason. Closest to you in Pad Thai House or Bangkok Thai. I like Pad Thai House myself a little better of those two. If you get a little farther out Sa Wa Dee, Chiang Mai, and of course Mai Thai downtown. I'll try and think of some more places here in the near future. I've been so spent with work, trying to think of something good to eat is a welcome exercise.

As far as the Falcon tourney, I only need one yellow and one blue cover to max him and need to save HP so won't be shielding as to get that yellow I only need a top 100 finish so that won't be a problem.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh, Uni, for pizza there are 2 places you would want to try. Unfortunately, neither of them is close to where you're staying. Casanova's on Vista and Tony's downtown. Both really tasty.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good morning, Mortals and other Allied Beings.

Falcon is respecced and ready for action - 5/5/3. This event I'll get him up to my minimum 125 for 3*. Yeah for Ragnarok rewards. I can finally finish him. I'll play some PVE but I'll be concentrating on PVP and the SHIELD PVP for the remainder of Season 3.

I am a hugely competitive person and MPQ is a good outlet. My first husband and I actually quit playing games at one point in our marriage. We were fine when my shyness made me too timid to aggressively play but once I started winning a lot . . . .

Today is Mystwalker's birthday. He is 63. It's our regular date night and I have to decide between Italian, Greek and Tepanyaki. I found all three in proximity to our house and they all have rave reviews - and Mystwalker really likes all three. The last two nights I've come home and promptly fallen asleep in my recliner for a couples of hours so I'm thinking an afternoon nap on my office couch might be a good thing so I can stay awake during our evening.

Winter Soldier has moved to the discount movie theatre and we went to see it last night. It's this tiny theatre we didn't even know existed with really uncomfortable chairs. Okay, Aramina is a size 2 and it wouldn't be uncomfortable for her but for the three regular adult sized people that went it was less than optimal. However, it is Captain America and worth suffering for. icon_e_wink.gif

Morning tea and MPQ time then back to the grindstone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Welcome to our new member SgA ! (Grejs here)
    Thanks to all the other applicants !

Some ritual questions for you :
    • What is hided (or not) behind your nickname ?
    • Which games (boards, cards, video...), music style (also named the bands if possible icon_e_wink.gif), kind of movie, or any other passion do you like ?
    • Who is the worst & best 3 match characters for you ? And what is the dream team you would like to built one day ?
    • Do you have a pet ? We already got 17 cats (if my mind don't tricks on me), 3 dogs (?, can't remember exactly), 1 rat & 1 iguana !(also post your pet(s) when you can ! If you have one or more sure)

Bonus question :
    If you could be anywhere in summer...where would you like to go ? Beach, mountains, land...in...Space ? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Feel free to ask some questions in the thread and/or in pm SgA !

Myst : Happy birthday Mystwalker !!!! Wow 2 birthdays followed icon_mrgreen.gif

@All ScarFighters : Who's next birthday ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi guys (SgA here)
    Thanks for having me. Im looking forward to contribute to this alliance.
  • ufohyldt
    ufohyldt Posts: 8
    Options
    Evening all and welcome SgA/grejs,

Happy Birthday @Mystwalker.
    Guess July is the official ScarFighters birthday month, is that 3 or 4 so far?

@Frite, I can tell you there is at least one more to come....on the 20th I hit the big 40. "Daddy, you'll be really old, almost ancient" as my darling daughters keep telling me, gotta love them!!!

Good to see we are comfortable top 100 again in s3. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Myst!

Add me to the July birthdays...29th for me icon_e_biggrin.gif

So I was playing in the lightening rounds (because there isn't enough to do with pvp and pve subs of course *LOL* icon_rolleyes.gif ) and I came across this:
    Screenshot_2014-07-10-00-05-43.png

Otherwise known as...NOPE!
  • Unknown
    Options
    @ufohyldt / SgA or Grejs Welcome to the alliance.

@Fritejay2 Happy belated birthday bro.

@ufohyldt Had you sent me a Facebook friend request? An Andy Banks with a Cyclops minion? If so, I'll accept and start sending you some iso.

@Unimatrix, fritejay2, danikalil Thanks for the support.

@Mystwalker Happy belated birthday
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    @myst. Hope you had a great birthday!

Wow we have so many July birthday. For your birthday.. hopefully you have a nick fury for your present.
    Hehe

@suture. Should have informed us earlier. We have sent various pms. None of which you have read. Your performance and communication has been unsatisfactory. Please improve that.

@montoya. It's been crazy busy for this trip. Didn't even have chance to visit places around the hotel. Was here in '05. Nothing seems to change much. Heard meridian changed a lot.

@rob. I'd skip that team too. Probably too darn long to fight for that 20 points

@fae. I just finished watching winter soldier on the plane. Great movie. Falcon is fantastic. I'm trying to see how this movie gels with the tv series "Agents of SHIELD".

@dan/Jan. Sorry about Brazil. But jan is right. Germany has potential.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    on the 20th I hit the big 40.

40 hit me hard. 50 just breezed by. Despite all the obstacles life has thrown me in the last year, it's like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

After endless repeats of Pacific Rim, I put it away and this week I'm watching Buffy Season 5 at work. Aramina introduced me to Buffy in Season 2 and it has been an inspiration ever since.

It's the end of Season 3 and time to dig in for a last push.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haapppy biirfdaaay to myst! icon_cool.gif

Welcome to sga! icon_cool.gif

Heeellooo to everyone else! icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    Add me to the July birthdays...29th for me icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That's funny ! My sister's birthday is also on 29th ^^

Ufo : I can tell you you're really not the oldest one in our team icon_e_biggrin.gif At least 3 of our teamates got more than 40, 50 & 60 icon_mrgreen.gif
    And which kind of words (2) do you want I put on your Cyclops sig ? Take a look at the intro page for examples.

Dante : Thanks for all buddy icon_e_wink.gif

grejs/SgA : Whenever you can, could you please answer my questions ? Otherwise, which character would you like on your sig ? And where are you from ?

All SF : I think I'd stop to put results/ranks...nobody look to be interested...except Dante for the stick icon_lol.gif
  • ufohyldt
    Options
    @Dante - cyclops minion is me on Facebook, share away!!

@frite - One Vision I think for the words, thanks.

Hope everyone got the junior HT covers they were after in simulator, how long until we have to use them???
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Got my Torch covers and sold them. I think it is a great idea for players still firmly in 2* land but I've sold off my 2* duplicates.

I'm very happy to have my last few Ragnarok covers. I now have 15 of my characters at 125 or higher. A few more to go and I'll start the next leveling phase. I really like the SHIELD PVP where I can play lots of different combinations. It makes it a lot more interesting.

I finally got Steam installed after I upgraded to Win8 a few months ago. Played MPQ on that account and it is so different. My highest character is IM35 at level 26. I really like the PC interface.

It's a LOTR weekend. Avari is going to re-purple my hair. I still can't raise my arm that much but I'm making steady progress. Doc says it will be about a year before I'm back to full strength and movement. Most of the time I'm patient because I plan to be using that shoulder for many more decades.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ufohyldt wrote:
    @frite - One Vision I think for the words, thanks.
    Done Ufo. Just look the approach (in pm) to attach your sig icon_e_wink.gif
    ufohyldt wrote:
    Hope everyone got the junior HT covers they were after in simulator, how long until we have to use them???
    Yup...except Fae at least. No idea...Probably for the beginning of Season 4 ? icon_rolleyes.gif
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Got my Torch covers and sold them. I think it is a great idea for players still firmly in 2* land but I've sold off my 2* duplicates.
    You will suffer without him for pve I guess...
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    I really like the SHIELD PVP where I can play lots of different combinations. It makes it a lot more interesting.
    ................... I really like the PC interface.
    So do I for both !
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    It's a LOTR weekend.
    First trilogy ? Or the last 2 movies as well ? Need to watched those...(Hobbit 1 & 2...soon 3 ?)
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    I still can't raise my arm that much but I'm making steady progress. Doc says it will be about a year before I'm back to full strength and movement. Most of the time I'm patient because I plan to be using that shoulder for many more decades.
    Wow. Never thinked it was so long ! Cheers Fae !

Oh my...I was thinking they couldn't make Lousy Torch worst than he is...actually yes...his dumb face in fight - Worst face ever ! Even Invisible Woman look nice compare to him icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    I'm okay not having HT2. The Hunt PVE is a great ISO generator but I am not the target audience. Sure more Cap3 covers would need nice but my roster is not hurting.

Did you notice they reduced the cost of IM40 red? That makes me really happy. IM35 is favorite and I'm glad IM40 is now more user friendly.

LOTR original extended version. I love the battle of Helms Deep.

I enjoy listening to Mystwalker talk to his MPQ. He's joined my plan to get all his 3* to minimum 125 but his love affair with MAgs continues.
  • ufohyldt
    Options
    @frite - thanks for the SIG, in place now.

@fairie - know what you mean about Helms Deep, plays havoc with the subwoofer on my surround system.....feel the bass when the wall gets blown apart!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    ufohyldt wrote:
    @frite - thanks for the SIG, in place now.
    You're welcome Ufo ;)
    I didn't asked about it but...like the red colour ?

Last hours before S3 ends. Goooo ScarFighters ! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well grats to
    Germany
    for winning the world cup!

EVO 2014 is bout to start running the Marvel vs Capcom finals if anyone is interested in watching it. www.twitch.tv/srkevo1