ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Comments

• Lmao! She-hulk's reprieve! Play with the sound on.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    So I ended up mostly playing GSBW with CMags and either Spidey or Hood.

CMags - I don't have the endless blue but I like his red for mixing up the board.
    Spidey is nice with CMags because although CMags has a purple attack, it is not a primary match color. Spidey gives nice value to purple plus give protect tiles.
    Hood is always a favorite of mine both for his blue steal and the disruptive power of his yellow. Those 3x3 blocks give you AP so you can use it if you need that one or two last AP for an attack. It is also good for getting rid of opponent tiles.

I also sometimes played Frank or Psylocke in place of CMags.

I use lightening rounds, SHIELD PVP and PVE to try out different character combinations. My goal is to always have a team that works synergistically. I want as many colors covered as possible. I like to have someone in there throwing out strike, attack or protect tiles. I also like having some sort of board disruptor though that isn't always good when playing with someone like DD or Psylocke or Doom.

By having a diverse team, you can play the board you have, not the board you want. That's hard for me. I prefer to have a plan but if you go in heavy in red/green characters (like so many teams I see) then you are screwed if you get a board that is light in those colors.

The in-game temp heal is a nice bonus but I find now I'm not working so hard at the beginning of a match to get heal colors so my matches are going faster (which I prefer). The temp heal is nice to limit the damage a character takes. So while I'm not getting out of matches fully healed, I am lasting longer before I need to do a heal.

So far for DD I'm looking at Spidey or Hood and Wolverine (will probably swap between the three). I think the best way to play DD after you have him at a decent level is to treat him as your primary. You want to load the board with his hidden tiles. Mine is currently at 85 and I'll work on getting him to at least 100 in the PVP.

I end up with Spidey or Hood for my yellow so often because I don't like Ares yellow. It isn't always convenient to have Thor changing your colors. IW has an interesting yellow but she isn't high enough in my roster to be durable. Is there someone I'm missing?
  • FaerieMyst wrote:
    Is there someone I'm missing?

BAGMAN! And Captain America(s).
  • FaerieMyst
    I tried with Bagman. I had him fully leveled but never found him a good fit anywhere.

Captain America. I respecced him for a while with 5 yellow. His protect tiles are awesome. It just take 5 million yellow to launch them. By the time I got around to using them I had already defeated the other team. His high cost just makes him impractical.

I know I'm a minority but I still play with Original Hawkeye - I really like him against the bot players in PVE.
  • FaerieMyst wrote:
    I tried with Bagman. I had him fully leveled but never found him a good fit anywhere.

Yeah. Bagman is just an alternative graphic for the 250 ISO reward.
  • All one and two stars are just iso to me.

Don't bother with 3 yellow on either cap. The others are much better at 5 each.
  • FaerieMyst wrote:
    Yeah. Bagman is just an alternative graphic for the 250 ISO reward.
    Bagman always win our despair for more...Bagman.
    Dantekamar wrote:
    All one and two stars are just iso to me.
    Same...I guess we're not the only one...
    Dantekamar wrote:
    Don't bother with 3 yellow on either cap. The others are much better at 5 each.
    Yep. When I could respec, I prefer 5 than 4 on each character (almost).
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    So I ended up mostly playing GSBW with CMags and either Spidey or Hood.
    Shieldbro + Hulk for me...Hulk feeding green for GSBW and red for Shieldbro ! Great combo, tons of fun icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hey everyone! I have a roster advice question.

With the true healing change forcing me away from regular use of OBW, I've decided to build up replacements. I have a solid hood, so I'm looking into building a solid falcon. I figure his yellow would really play well off my punisher. I have almost enough hp to buy another cover for mine. He sits at 522 and I've already claimed the blue cover for this seasons progression. What is an optimal build for falcon? Should I use my hp reserves on a blue or purple cover?

Anyone have a high level falcon and can comment on his effectiveness and relative squishy-ness?

Thanks! Best alliance ever!!!
  • flyapart wrote:
    Final Fantasy 7 remains one of the greatest games I've ever played along with LoZ OoT. Been very into games since I got my original Nintendo at age 9. The good old days =)
    Oh, I just took it in Steam sales (FF7...never played it, yes shame on me icon_redface.gif ). What's LoZ OoT ??? My first console was a Master system (at 9 or 10 years old)...but my first computer was an Atari 1040ste with Vroom, Silent hunter, F-17...at 7 icon_lol.gif

And yes, post your cats when you can Flyapart !! Do you have some kids maybe ?
    I have almost enough hp to buy another cover for mine. He sits at 522 and I've already claimed the blue cover for this seasons progression. What is an optimal build for falcon? Should I use my hp reserves on a blue or purple cover?
    Anyone have a high level falcon and can comment on his effectiveness and relative squishy-ness?
    I think the best for Falcon is 5/5/3, but I could be wrong...mine is at 4/5/2 (if only I'd could give you or somebody else my blue cover for 3000 point rewards in S3... icon_cry.gif NEED A COVER TRADE (for own alliance at least !))

The Falcon's biggest problem...his life. I will probably try to test him in sim with UDaken...
    Thanks! Best alliance ever!!!
    Ssshhh ! icon_mrgreen.gif You're always welcome Jon ^^ I really need to find new ideas for memes in the week-end. Got some SF ? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • LoZ OoT = Legend of Zelda Occarina of Time. FFVII is a little dated now. But was a great RPG when it came out.
  • At last, the first newbie to the list! Falcon landed (hehe) a very solid #15, primarily on the basis of his yellow power, which can be one of the fastest in the game when paired with someone who makes cheap strike tiles. At max level, with only strike tiles on board, you're looking at generating 225 in strike tiles for each yellow match, which is easily the best in the game (L5 Patch does 296 per 3 AP, but takes longer and of course generates tiles for the opponent).

His other powers aren't bad either: blue is nice for cleaning out hard-to-reach special tiles, especially against characters with extremely strong single tiles (IW, Cap, Sentry, Fury), and purple removes all match damage and is extremely annoying to play against, especially if it manages to take up space on tiles of a color you need to place specials on.

Since Falcon plays best with cheap, plentiful strike tiles, his best buddy is Daken, and he makes for an excellent transition character, since many of the most popular 3*s rely on strike tiles as well (spoiler alert: Patch, Punisher, and Daken do not suck). One thing to keep in mind on offense is that you may not want to cast his purple at all -- putting that many protect tiles on board means you're protected from damage, but it makes his yellow much less likely to buff strike tiles, which slows you down considerably.

Recommended build: 5/5/3 -- getting a turn off the countdown makes a pretty big difference for those times that you can't match the countdown right away, and you're going to get full protection from match damage at L3. Increasing purple is more annoying on defense, but Falcon's health is so low that you're probably not going to deter attackers, and at 12 purple it's not that easy for the AI to get off a Bird Strike anyway.

5/3/5 is also a potential for consideration, so that Redwing doesn't target countdowns -- this makes Falcon a much more potent counter for Sentry, since eating up a single World Rupture tile has negligible effect, but taking away the Sacrifice tile is a big deal.
    This is from the recent character rankings done be the forum users.
  • If I could frite, I would give you one of the 3 falcon yellows I've had to sell. We really should have an in alliance trade/gift system.

Thanks for the advice. I knew falcon was squishy, so I dont think I could run him with pun and hood, but if I could keep him in the back I think he'd be fun to play with!
  • flyapart wrote:
    LoZ OoT = Legend of Zelda Occarina of Time. FFVII is a little dated now. But was a great RPG when it came out.
    Oh yeah ! My favorite Zelda is probably the one between the transition between Gamecube & Wii...The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess...Wind waker was also cool ! Maybe easier. (probably not the case to the newest version on WiiU with Hardcore mode).

The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time
    ...I can't say a lot about this one (I know it's one of the most adore one...) because I never really played it. Just watch (for hours & hours) one of my friend playing it...but years after (on Gamecube)...Like you said about FFVII...dated now icon_e_sad.gif

My favorite RPG of all time.............Impossible to decide....I enjoyed a lot The last remnant (PC /PS360) because of completely weird gameplay system...I love mysteries in games, Resonance of fate (PS360) because of the very strange ambiance & sexy guns customisation, Lost Oddyssey (360) for the poetry letters & FF system (it was original FF creator who made the game after all). Mass effect was really good too (the 1st one)...finished the 2nd but...not at all the same with some squishy "gameplay" (material planet researchs was so booooring...Makko was so much more fun in my opinion icon_mrgreen.gif ). Tried the 3rd (demo), bought it...but never tried it yet...Anyone ?
    If I dig very deep...Fallout (1st & 2nd...hatred on 3rd) was great also, Super metroid was my first RPG experience I think (oh no it was Wonderboy 3 on Master system ).

Also, I know this is a little bit out of bond...but Disciples II : Dark Prohecy is probably one of the game which I played the most...Haunted, dark, with really great design & interesting & different units & races (yeah certainly a bit dated now - and can't run it on W8 icon_evil.gif ). So cool to try all the units...Undeads & Knights all the way ! Elves was great also...maybe a bit lack of units... But, once more, the 3rd is bad (very bad?) in my eyes...even the last one D3 : Reincarnation...meh.
    Dantekamar wrote:
    This is from the recent character rankings done be the forum users.
    Thanks for the all the infos Dante ! You're very active these days here icon_e_wink.gif That's cool man ! Are you on vacation already maybe ? icon_mrgreen.gif
    If I could frite, I would give you one of the 3 falcon yellows I've had to sell. We really should have an in alliance trade/gift system.
    Oh yes Jon ! Million of thousand billions YES ! ALLIANCE TRADE SYSTEM D3/DEMIURGE ! Yes...a call on a wall, certainly... icon_neutral.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    I really like falcon as a support player. Think of him with Wolverine to enhance the strike tiles or with Spidey to enhance the protect. I like the yellow best.

Did I mention that when I start seriously learning a character and leveling him up to competitive level that I lose a lot (or at least kill off the character)? I just consider that part of the package. You learn by seeing how the character holds up against others and within your team.

When I get covers I don't even hope. I consider it ISO and if it is something I can use then that is the bonus. A one star cover is better than 70 iso at the end of a match.
  • I've had a few moments here and there to goof off at work in the last day or two.

Super Metroid as an RPG? I wouldn't categorize it as one but it is a great game. If you like that play Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Same set up but darker atmosphere and tons more weapons, though not as deep in player skill.
  • I think that if you made the trade function related to alliances it could work. A couple of ground rules would need to be made to ensure this system would be fair.

1. The trade feature should actually be a gift feature. D3 would need to established a clear "we will not return your cover to you" policy and set up a clear confirmation of gift window to prevent accidental gifting. Functionally, 2 players could trade by "gifting" cards to each other, but the no returns policy would ensure that you really trust the person you are sending the cover to and are willing to do the deal (to prevent wild trade markets and inflated prices as we would likely be doing this to help the team out more than anything else).

2. There should be a minimum amount of time a player must have been in an alliance prior to being able to use the gift feature, and it should be a long wait (like 30 days). This would prevent people from temp leaving an alliance, forming alliances that serve as trade rooms, and leaving the alliance once the deal is done. If the point of making the gift feature specific to alliance members is to legitimize it and keep "prices" down then this will safeguard against illegitimate alliances for trade purposes only.

That all made sense in my head, not sure it came out in a way that made sense though. Ultimately, it could work with a little development from D3, and that could bring back some of the recently departed. If they added that I know I wouldnt have any reason to go - we could maybe even keep Harvey!
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    A big congrats to Mac ! (IGN Eneyeseekay) And a nice entry in podium to our newest member flyapart!
    And like a lot of S3 PvP, Fae again here lol When this will end ? icon_lol.gif

Next time I will probably make comparison with this PvP...Just for numbers love ^^ (I lost datas about the previous PvP icon_e_sad.gif )

GSBW PvP podium

1st | Eneyeseekay | 1183
    2nd | Faerie | 988
    3rd | flyapart | 919
    4th | Mimio | 916
    5th | Khal-Zarek | 848
    6th | Jonstalnaker | 844
    7th | DOLBET | 837
    8th | rbdragon | 837
    9th | Suture | 816
    10th | fritejay | 774
    11th | Mystwalker | 773
    12th | DrowningHarvey | 771
    13th | Unimatrix | 763
    14th | reuhhh | 722
    15th | DanMan2008 | 715
    16th | IningoMontoya | 715
    17th | Tomarvel82 | 642
    18th | danikalil | 627
    19th | CatnipHill | 604
    20th | Dante Kamar | 537

• Actual Season III rank (37 (=)) 28/6 (last 1 on 25/6) | @ 4.30 pm (france)

1st | Faerie | 7129( = / +2050)
    2nd | DrowningHarvey | 5717 ( +1 / +1593)
    3rd | fritejay | 5559 ( -1 / +1247)
    4th | Mystwalker | 5344 ( +8 / +2275 )
    5th | rbdragon | 5071 ( +1 / +1204 )
    6th | flyapart | 5059 ( -1 / +1140 )
    7th | Khal-Zarek | 5040 ( -3 / +1061 )
    8th | DOLBET | 5003 ( +6 / +2161 )
    9th | IningoMontoya | ( = / +1742 )
    10th | Eneyeseekay | 4592 ( +6 / +1892 )
    11th | reuhhh | 3069 ( -3 / +1276 )
    12th | DanMan2008 | 4395 ( -2 / +1252 )
    13th | Dante Kamar | 4256 ( -6 / +841 )
    14th | Mimio | 4231 ( -1 / +1377 )
    15th | Unimatrix | 4009 ( = / +1286 )
    16th | Tomarvel82 | 3876 ( -4 / +819 )
    17th | danikalil | 3671 ( +1 / +1462 )
    18th | Jonstalnaker | 3402 ( -1 / +900 )
    19th | CatnipHill | 2951 ( = / +861 )
    20th | Suture | 2848 ( = / +896 )

Average progression : 1367 points.
    Congrats ScarFighters, keep up the good fights !

Big congrats to Myst, Dolby, Fae & Mac ! Dante & Tom, the stick is needed next time icon_lol.gif

edit : next time I will do it on next saturday on a cool hour...when everybody (almost) is sleeping.
  • Have good summer break Harvey ! Hope you'll come back to share some things with us (maybe bring us some fresh beers). Enjoy !

Welcome Hellboy (Ign : The Pyro)!

Some ritual questions for you :
    What is hided (or not) behind your nickname ?
    Which games (boards, cards, video...), music style (also named the bands if possible icon_e_wink.gif), kind of movie, or any other passion do you like ?
    Who is the worst & best 3 match characters for you ? And what is the dream team you would like to built one day ?
    Do you have a pet ? We already got 16 cats (if my mind don't tricks on me), 1 dog & 1 rat !

Bonus question :
    If you could be anywhere in summer...where would you like to go ? Beach, mountains, land... ?

Feel free to ask some questions in the thread and/or in pm Hellboy!
  • Ok first thanks for let me in your alliance (even if i must wait all day icon_e_smile.gif and kidding with other guys here on forum..it was boring till i wait understand me.. )

1.question: I just like to play with fire i guess because of that i like my IGN icon_e_smile.gif
    2.I like to play Fps games like new game Sniper Elite or Rpg like Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 also The Witcher and my favorite game is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance,music style dance,house and sometimes little techno music icon_e_smile.gif and movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier and my passion is icecream i guess icon_rolleyes.gif and cartoons like Peppa Pig icon_eek.gif
    3.My best 3 match characters are: Punisher(because of black power icon_twisted.gif ) and Cmag of course and OBW...and worst are lazy daken icon_eek.gif and Juggy(headbutt icon_cry.gif ) and Bullseye he is FREAK icon_e_surprised.gif
    4.I have pet Tiger (not really is tiger doll icon_e_smile.gif ) i dont have pet just ahhh...
    5.I like for summer to be on mountains to rest and chill..

That's it if you want to know something else feel free to ask me....as fritejay says