ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Comments

• Tomarvel82 wrote:
    First of all, thank you for including me in your team, be sure i'll do my best every time i'll play.
    You're very welcome Tom ;) Don't worry, dani got a whip if you need some motivation icon_lol.gif
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    Look obvious but i like to do puns with my real name icon_mrgreen.gif (Tomagician, Tomahawk, etc...)
    So why not Tomascar....mmm, no...that's look like Nascar icon_lol.gif
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    Favorite games are : The Street fighter series, Dark souls series, MotoGp series...
    Uhhh, I have to say I'm fan of Street fighter ! What's your favorite one ?

Dark soul, I tried the 2nd one, die & retried, die & retried, die & retried...mmmm...that's not interesting me too much...I'm maybe not enough masochist...and probably it's not my type of game (even if I enjoy the dark ambient about it)
    MotoGp...I think I've tried one in the past on Xbox...it was cool icon_e_smile.gif
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    and Final Fantasy 7 !
    No other one ? Shame on me, I've never played the 7th...
    BUT I played the 3rd & 4th on DS, 5th & 6th on emulator & Super nes (japanese version...blocked at some point because of the language, obviously), 10th & 12th (probably the worst with that auto- battle system in my opinion...) on PS2, 13th & 13th2 on Xbox360.
    But noone that I've finished icon_lol.gif
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    I like to play with Cap (the boomerang effect of the shield is astonishing) Psyloke (for the bleeding effect) and characters like Storm and Hulk (for the "hit back" effect), but what i like the most is the double **** slap (black power) of Black Widow (with assault symbols of the field it's devastating) !
    i tried to give a chance to Bullseye and Bagman, but... hmmmm.... idea cancelled !! icon_lol.gif
    In Fact, Bullseye could be very annoying ! (especially for the tourney Bad is good, if you remember ?)
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    I try to have no rivals, but convince them to join my cause! (a little bit like Luffy in One Piece) !
    Ok SF, the new king is here, kingTom :lol:
    Even CareBears ? Don't want annoy them a little ? icon_mrgreen.gif
    It's just for fun Tom, not serious at all icon_e_wink.gif
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    Bonus question : World cup is the only football event that interest me. The actual team is way better than the 2010 one (ultra-international shame) with, i think, most involved players. They may go far, but it will be very difficult to gain the cup (Belgium team looks great)
    If you say so, I only could believe you icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Just have seen France win 4-0 against Norway on TV news...
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    For Domino, white color fits perfectly !
    Ok, sig in the rail for tomorrow !
    Tomarvel82 wrote:
    Thanks for reading, have fun and good luck !! icon_cool.gif
    Thanks for your answers Tom, and good luck to you also !
  • Welcome welcome Tom...cat?

I like sf as well. My characters being yun & yang, but poison & hugo in sfxt and when ultra comes.

I like motorcycles, but cars moreso, so I prefer gran turismo.

Dark Souls, spear build all the way for me. I use the silver knight spear.

FF7 is cool, but my fave is FFX. Oddly enough though, 7 is my most played. They keep re-releasing it lol.
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    WELCOME TOMARVEL AND DROWNINGHARVEY!

It's rather late here, so we'll comment your reply tomorrow, Tom!

Jan just wants to say that, since you're speaking of soccer, she's entitled to an opinion (though no one asked her lol). She's a soccer fan.

French team - won't go very far (sorry boys), it's a budding team still.

Most promising teams: Germany, Spain, Argentina and Italy.

Brasil might win it, if they go at it like they did in the Confederation Cup. We will face very strong teams right in the second stage, and we might not make it to the finals.

Jan, very antiBrasilianly, believes Spain or Germany will win. She justifies it by saying those teams are collectively strong, whilst Brasil has its highlights like Neymar, but isn't as solid.
  • fritejay2 wrote:
    Welcome Drowning Harvey !
    Hi everyone, and thanks for having me in your alliance!
    What's hided behind your nickname ?
    Arrr, matey! My name is from a pirate name generator (I suppose my buccaneering career would be short). It was supposed to be a one day thing on our IRC channel, but it kinda stuck.
    Do you have some favorite games (board, cards, video...) & devices, kind of music, sports, other passions... ?
    Free time that I don’t waste in MPQ I hope to spend with miniatures game (Flames of War and Bolt Action, just picked up Black Powder). Too bad I am such a lazy painter.
    Who is the worst & best 3 match characters for you ?
    Best: Punisher, solid overall performer, first and so far the only character I’ve maxed. Retribution is such a great way to end a match.
    Worst: Loki, STOP SHUFFLING THOSE TILES BACK AND FORTH AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL YOU GRINNING WASTE OF SKIN!
    If you need to point out a rival, which one would it be ? (just for the fun...here)
    With all this grinding there is no time for rivalry!
    Bonus question :
    Umm…Hmmm...I am quite sure the etiquette demands that you start with the Air Guitar World Championships and then gradually proceed to the even crazier activities as the amount of alcohol in your bloodstream increases.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    HailMary - I was having a fibro flare during most of the event so I had limited attention span. This was my worst pvp since I started. Sorry, but I don't even remember the characters I played.

I also kept forgetting the pve. Fortunately, the flares seldom happen. Between my surgery and my business merger the stress just overwhelmed my system.

I read some of the complaints in the general forum and it baffles me. MPQ frustrations are a first world problem. How awful to be able to not only afford a device that plays the game but to also have the leisure time to play it. A nerfed Spidey in a game you don't have to play doesn't warrant that much emotional energy.

That's my MPQ rant. I still love the game and I definitely enjoy our alliance.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    HailMary - I was having a fibro flare during most of the event so I had limited attention span. This was my worst pvp since I started. Sorry, but I don't even remember the characters I played.
    No problem at all. I was just curious. icon_e_biggrin.gif I hope you're feeling better. icon_e_smile.gif
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    I read some of the complaints in the general forum and it baffles me. MPQ frustrations are a first world problem. How awful to be able to not only afford a device that plays the game but to also have the leisure time to play it. A nerfed Spidey in a game you don't have to play doesn't warrant that much emotional energy.

That's my MPQ rant. I still love the game and I definitely enjoy our alliance.
    Seriously, even the most legitimate rants are just about a match-3 game, and many of the rants aren't even grounded in reality. Sigh. icon_razz.gif
  • Fae - That's nice to hear a MPQ love for once... icon_e_smile.gif
    Hope your friend didn't bothered you too much while you was playing the game ^^
    Since SF is known to be a cat family (at least you, dani, jan & me), I think this one is appropriate
    TTmvCd1.gif
    Cheers up Immortal Fae ! We all love you ! (Well, I know Mr Doom (Mystwalker for the new SF here) & your daughters) love you even more icon_e_wink.gif )

Harvey - Oh a Pirate, Misses, Madames & Misters - Welcome aboard Captain Drowning
    Don't know any of your miniatures things, sorry...mmm a painter, ask Dante maybe, I think.

Yeah, PunPun is a good finisher...I'm just a bit bored of him now...I played too much with him I think. Now I try to change my team, quite all time ahah
    That's weird Fae didn't say all the love she got for Loki

Ok...your 2nd nick will be "El Grindinator" icon_lol.gif

Mmmm interesting ! Have you ever played on an Air guitar stage ? Or in a swamp football ? etc...
    I don't even imagine all these activities completely drunk icon_lol.gif

Otherwise...don't you want a sig Harvey ? icon_e_smile.gif

HailMary - Thanks to cheers up Fae also !
  • Welcome welcome Tom...cat?

I like sf as well. My characters being yun & yang, but poison & hugo in sfxt and when ultra comes.

I like motorcycles, but cars moreso, so I prefer gran turismo.

Dark Souls, spear build all the way for me. I use the silver knight spear.

FF7 is cool, but my fave is FFX. Oddly enough though, 7 is my most played. They keep re-releasing it lol.

Yo !! I begin to practice with Yun he is awesome but there's no challenge mode with him to learn combos ! :/ (thank you Youtube !!) Anyway, i like play with Makoto ang Gen because it's rewarding to win a fight with them (I hate Ryu & Co. characters)

For dark souls i tried different builds and the one i used the most was a magician with a Balder Sword and Artoria's armor. But the black knight halberd was devastating !!

Did you do Dark Souls 2 ?
  • To talk about MPQ :

Did someone find a combat without 2* Black Widow in PvP ? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tomarvel82 wrote:
    I begin to practice with Yun he is awesome but there's no challenge mode with him to learn combos ! :/ (thank you Youtube !!) Anyway, i like play with Makoto ang Gen because it's rewarding to win a fight with them (I hate Ryu & Co. characters)
    Same feeling about Ryu & Co....except maybe Dan, one of my favorite funny one, but very hard to control, especially his very weak fireball who stick to his hands...and other annoying stuffs... icon_lol.gif
    But, even so, I win some rounds against a friend who is a very good player (we did some tourney on Street 4 with strong players...He won all matchs (on long weeks) except 1 icon_eek.gif and he plays (frequently)...Dhalsim !!! icon_e_surprised.gif BUT, he also manage all the characters...crazy...)
    Win a match against him is very rewarding & also super rare...

I also play with Guy, Guile, Dee-jay & Cammy (but only on SFxT).

Really need UltraSFIV :) Even if the new stages / characters are not very new (from SFxT)...at least Decapre :lol: (hum...).
    But the new gameplay will change all the matchs, for sure !
  • fritejay2 wrote:
    swamp football ?

Well... I signed to be a reserve player once in a very minor tournament. "It is more of a technicality really, and you wont most likely have to play at all if you don't want. It'll be fun!". Well, thing happened, people got sick or had other appointments and I, like the rest of the team ended playing through the entire tournament with the same composition (with mediocre results). Sure it was fun, but never ever have I been that sore and tired than I was day after the tournament. Never again. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Otherwise...don't you want a sig Harvey ? icon_e_smile.gif

Oh, could've sworn that I typed that, but apparently not. Well, better late than never: Punisher would be nice, thanks.
  • Well... I signed to be a reserve player once in a very minor tournament. "It is more of a technicality really, and you wont most likely have to play at all if you don't want. It'll be fun!". Well, thing happened, people got sick or had other appointments and I, like the rest of the team ended playing through the entire tournament with the same composition (with mediocre results). Sure it was fun, but never ever have I been that sore and tired than I was day after the tournament. Never again. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    WOW ! I can't even imagine the pain you had to "play" football in a swamp... I hope at least there were some kind of pom-pom girls to cheer you up ? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Oh, could've sworn that I typed that, but apparently not. Well, better late than never: Punisher would be nice, thanks.
    Sorry Harvey, but Punisher has been already take by our comrad, xenraf aka robertec here.
    I give you the characters of everybody : Punisher, Magneto (MN & Classic), Psylocke, Domino, Captain america, Black widow, Deadpool, Ghost rider, War machine, Thanos, Spidey, Black panther, Professor x, Nightcrawler, Gambit...and others who left the team, Hulk, Sebastian Shaw, Juggernaut & Wolverine.
    But with 5000 characters in the Marvel universe, you got the choice (if you could avoid blue & especially red characters, if it's possible sure....we already got too much icon_lol.gif )
    If you want I got Iron fist quite ready.

Oh and last thing...give me 2 words who suits you the best icon_e_wink.gif
    Thanks.
  • DaniKalil

You are already back with Scarfighters alliance. icon_e_wink.gif

Sorry, I get tired and confused... Or just confused... Most of the time, tired for real though....
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Tonzil wrote:
    DaniKalil

Sorry, I get tired and confused... Or just confused... Most of the time, tired for real though....

Well, Tonzil had me fooled. With all the non-English and such.
    I thought, "Finally, the iron grip of ScarFighter's is starting to loosen... oh wait, the Care Bears have also recently acquired a Brasilian alliance member... oh no!"
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Tonzil wrote:
    DaniKalil

Ha ha, Tonzil, we never left, Jan was just cheering the Brasilian team on! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Aren't we all tired, Tonzil...! Phew, don't get me started on the woes of modern life...TT

Don't worry, it was really sweet of you to come wish us "boa sorte" in our new team. We appreciate that!

STARE STARE STARE!

EDIT: DD, a Brasilian member? Seriously? Who is he / she?
  • fritejay2 wrote:
    I hope at least there were some kind of pom-pom girls to cheer you up ? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Heh, "playing" might be a bit of a overstatement. "Trudging" might be closer to truth. And nope, no cheer squad, but plenty of mosquitoes to keep you moving.
    But with 5000 characters in the Marvel universe, you got the choice (if you could avoid blue & especially red characters, if it's possible sure....we already got too much icon_lol.gif )

Lets try Ares then. icon_e_smile.gif
    Oh and last thing...give me 2 words who suits you the best icon_e_wink.gif
    Thanks.

Quite average.
  • Tonzil wrote:
    DaniKalil
    Hey Tonzil...I was just kidding, don't worry ^^
    DecoyDuck wrote:
    Well, Tonzil had me fooled. With all the non-English and such.
    I thought, "Finally, the iron grip of ScarFighter's is starting to loosen...
    NO.NEVER.EVER. icon_lol.gif
    You maybe didn't take a look at The Alliance Rivalry Beef icon_e_smile.gif
    DecoyDuck wrote:
    oh wait, the Care Bears have also recently acquired a Brasilian alliance member... oh no!"
    So prepare wax ear plug with all the Caxirola & the Diabolica around here & there for the FIFA world cup icon_lol.gif
    Heh, "playing" might be a bit of a overstatement. "Trudging" might be closer to truth. And nope, no cheer squad, but plenty of mosquitoes to keep you moving.
    So... "trudging" & then "drowning" icon_e_surprised.gif Hope you got some sort of snorkel at least !
    Lets try Ares then. icon_e_smile.gif
    Ok Harvey ! Do you prefer Yellow or Brown color ?
    Quite average.
    You were the best in SF in the last PvE ! Quite average, really ? icon_eek.gif
  • fritejay2 wrote:

Ok Harvey ! Do you prefer Yellow or Brown color ?

Yellow.
    Quite average.
    You were the best in SF in the last PvE ! Quite average, really ? icon_eek.gif

Must've been some kind of a statistical anomaly. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    danikalil wrote:
    EDIT: DD, a Brasilian member? Seriously? Who is he / she?

No! You will have to go through the ENTIRE thread to discover this person's identity.

Or just open the thread and search for the word 'Brazil'.

OK, it's on page 55.

Fine, you win... it's sup123 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Welcome welcome Drowning Harvey. Are you on ios? I don't think I've heard of any of those games.

And no Dark Souls 2 for me yet. Gotta wait for it to go on sale, but I heard it wasn't as good?