ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Comments

• Okay! I have never actually posted on one of these before, so here goes! I am a huge Marvel fan. I have watched almost every movie from marvel and I currently follow about 20 of their comics. Too much? Mostly though I play for challenge, fun and most of all I like "gratuitous violence". I Log in every 1-2 hours earn as many points as I can, answer anyone wash rinse reapeat. I am very steady dependable and usually finish in the top 50. Not the best, but I always come back for more. I have maxed out my Wolverine and have only two and three star charecters , such as Storm classic(63) and Bullseye(63). I hope I'll make the cut and thanks for considering me.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    It's like cheerleading tryouts.

I am ready to master Doom this weekend. Trying out combinations to figure his best fit.

I've noticed that there are some character attacks that are under-used/under-appreciated. I like that in my opponents but it's time to share in our alliance. Today is Torch green.

Flame Jet - Green 5 AP
    The Human Torch channels a deadly stream of flaming plasma. Creates a Green Countdown tile that activates every turn, dealing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP per turn.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 20 for each Green AP. Max 176 damage a turn.
    Level 3: 25 for each Green AP. Max 227 damage a turn.
    Level 4: 31 for each Green AP. Max 277 damage a turn.
    Level 5: 36 for each Green AP. Max 328 damage a turn.
    Max Level: 231 per AP, max 2083

To use effectively:
    1. Do not use other green attacks.
    2. Fire green once. Do not fire again unless the tile is matched or destroyed.
    3. Every turn the green tile will ignite. It will eat one green AP.
    4. Collect as much green as you can.
    5. For every green AP you have, you will do damage up to the maximum amount.
    6. If you have no green AP, no damage is done but the special tile remains.

Example - My Torch green is Level 3. My Torch is Level 51. Every green AP is worth 67 damage up to 909. That means that in addition to any other attacks or matches, I will do 909 damage every turn so long as I keep my green AP fully stocked.

Now imagine pairing him with Daken.
  • Sounds good, Faerie. During the hotshot events I became a big fan of Torch's black. It wasn't a big deal if your team didn't use the colors drained. Or, if you timed your power usage correctly.
  • Thanks to all applicants.

We will take our time to make the cut...Like I always said, it's very tough.

Faerie ! Nice to see you here sharing some tips icon_e_wink.gif
    Thanks a lot !

And catnip, doing good I hope ?
    What serie are you watching these days ? ^^
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    edited April 2014
    My HT is low level, so his green blow is not so much.
    I guess if he's high level, Pair him up with daken and hulk (green generator).

Fritejay, I watch game of thrones, marvels agents of shield, Grimm, person of interest and whose line is it anyway. No good sci-fi series around nowadays.
  • I'm not sure if it's good to pair HT with Hulk & Daken...
    It works great with Shieldbro/OBW for the rainbow colours.

Your thoughts ScarFighters ?

About series : I really enjoy Game of thrones,
    the episode 2 from season 4 was really delightfull (but no spoil for anyone who haven't watched it...or any episodes...no worry catnip ;)
    (he wants to begin the serie soon)).
    Agents of shield, no idea...but I heard dani & jan who's not fan at all...
    Person of interest, I've watched some episodes...really need to finish the 1st season !

Otherwise, I really appreciate The Big bang theory (geeky one sure), Breaking bad (but yet finish TT), Dexter, Homeland, Misfits...
    If you need a Sci-fi one, but I guess you already watched it Uni : Firefly. I've only watch few episodes, but I just heard about it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hi, i'm an everyday player very very active, i'm currently at day 60 and never missed one... i'm Always in the top 50-100 in every event, in the hunt i'm at 63000 points
    i'd like to join the alliance, you won't regret it trust me...
    my nick in game is Torriag
  • unimatrix wrote:
    Fritejay, I watch game of thrones, marvels agents of shield, Grimm, person of interest and whose line is it anyway. No good sci-fi series around nowadays.
    I love Game of Thrones, so many turns it keeps you guessing.
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Agents of shield, no idea...but I heard dani & jan who's not fan at all...
    Person of interest, I've watched some episodes...really need to finish the 1st season !
    I enjoy watching Marvel Agents of Shield with my girl. It took longer than most shows to get invested in some of the characters but it does a great job of weaving in lots of small details for both the movies and the larger comic universe. They also time their episodes to coincide with the movie releases, so if anyone has seen the Winter Soldier, you have an idea what MAoS is going through now.
    We also watch Almost Human and Who's Line is it Anyway.
  • can i join?
    current hunt: 100,000 points
    been playing 3months+
  • Thanks again to all applicants.

We will probably choose the new member before the end of PvE - The Hunt...that means tomorrow.
  • Hi there.

I am also seeking a compepetive alliance. Daily player, 95000 points in the Hunt, top5-top50 in PvP events (once took 1st place). Top chracters
    *** 89/102 lv. Punisher 4/3/3
    *** 41/102 lv. Cap 2/4/4
    ** 85 lv. Widow 3/5/5
    ** 85 lv. Magneto 3/5/5
    ** 85 lv. Storm 5/5/3
    ** 85 lv. Thor 3/5/5
  • I am looking for a competitve alliance to get out of my casual one and actually compete for high levle alliance rewards, but I am not sure if you are still considering so I haven't left my alliance and tried to join in game so I don't give up my alliance for nothing. Currently sitting number 1 in my The Hunt group with 110k, and I regularly finish at the top of events.

Have all characters, top ones being:

100 Hulk
    92 Psylocke
    89 Punisher
    85 Black Widow (Original)
    85 Magneto (Marvel Now)
    85 Storm (Classic)

I just didn't want to join in game and lose out on alliance rewards if you aren't still considering.
  • Hello,

Name is Suture

I have 31 characters - sold off the 1*s and the underpowered 2*, but have at least 3 covers of every 3* and 4*.

Top characters:
    Punisher 141
    Spider-Man: 128
    Black Widow (Grey): 120
    Hulk: 117
    Iron Man: 100
    Magneto: 89
    Patch: 89
    Plus the good 2*s at 85 (Thor, Storm, OBW, etc)

I almost always finish in the top 50 of PVP and have 80k in the hunt. Very active player going on 175 days. This game is my "escape" and it's good entertainment for downtime. I tend to play between 9:00 - 11:00 every night while watching TV with the wife. I check in periodically through the day if I have some downtime at work and real life.

I like the Thor (2* but eventually 3*), OBW and Punisher combo. Lately though, I've been using Grey Black Widow, Hulk and Magneto, which has been pretty effective. It's a nice change of pace and once I get a few more covers and can rank them we'll see how it goes.

Hope I'm a good fit and I thank you for reading my application.
  • Hello again suture !
    Thanks for your application here also icon_e_wink.gif
    You would know the verdict tomorrow.
    Dantekamar wrote:
    I love Game of Thrones, so many turns it keeps you guessing.
    Oh yeah ^^
    But I've got one of my friend who read the book and told me they pass a lot of events...like quite always when you translate a serie/movie from a book.
    If they could put 15-20 episodes instead of 10...I would be super happy !
    I can dream...
  • Thanks to all the applicants here, on the app chat & on pm.

After a storm of emotions icon_redface.gif , thinkings icon_eek.gif , blablerings icon_e_biggrin.gif and hugs icon_e_wink.gif ... and all of this were really true !
    We finally decided our new member to join us :

Suture !!!

Now you need to tell us what your nickname means...Do you think cat could sleep with chicken ?
    What's your favorite rainbow 3 match characters ? Where is the best place in the world to be a ScarFighter ?

You got 30 minutes to answer...or the next test would be craziest...

Welcome in the ScarFighters crazy team icon_e_smile.gif

Oh I was completely forgetting one of my duty here...what character would you like to wear on your signature ?
    Except : Psylocke, Punisher, Ghost rider, Black Widow, Mr sinister, Captain america, Black Panther, Deadpool, Hulk, Classic & MN Magneto, War Machine, Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Wolverine or Gambit.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I really enjoy the theme events. I get to know a character better. Unfortunately so many treat the featured character as a third wheel.

Fritejay - Firefly and Serenity are worth watching. The characters are splendid with excellent writing.
  • Now you need to tell us what your nickname means...
    *A suture is a stitch. I am in the medial field...ok, i'm in medical IT - not a doctor...but for some reason I've used that name for most of my gaming (WoW, Adventure Quest, Pardus, etc)

Do you think cat could sleep with chicken ?
    *No way, cats eat chickens because they taste like...well...chicken.

What's your favorite rainbow 3 match characters ?
    *I'm a fan of Punisher, OBW and Lazy Thor I think that covers all colors.

Where is the best place in the world to be a ScarFighter ?
    *Dayton, Ohio of course.

Oh I was completely forgetting one of my duty here...what character would you like to wear on your signature ?
    *I'll take Professor X...we have similar hairlines icon_e_smile.gif
  • Welcome welcome suture.
  • Thanks suture for your introduction !

Cool, we got another healer in the team icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I really like Professor X !
    I bet we will have it in MPQ soon or later on...probably a 3* or 4*stars.

Otherwise, yes cats can sleep with chickens...mine is the one who do it, at least icon_lol.gif

Faerie, thanks to remind me serenity icon_e_wink.gif
    It's the first movie which start Firefly serie, right ?

Because I already know another serenity movie...lame...
  • Serenity is a movie to end the Firefly series.