ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Comments

• I Iike playing mtg. It pretty much came natural to me. My friend got me hooked in middle school been playing ever since. He is also a fan of using zombies. I am more of a burn deck person.
    Burn burn Weird !!!
    I hate Red decks lol
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Wow, guys, thank for the grand MtG explanation, all of you! Now I want to play. But Jan doesn't, lol...so I think I'll have to play it virtually.

Yes, it was like 20 years ago when I got that MtG game, and internet wasn't an option. Without instructions, it was all Greek to me.

I liked the white creatures Frite talked about. I'm sure Jan would love them also, since her favorite character, apart from Thor, is OBW for the healing icon_e_biggrin.gif

By the way, Dante, was that the game you were playing with your friends in your FB post? It looked interesting icon_e_smile.gif
  • Fires, zombies and catapults.... Oh my
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=26837
    One of the focal points of my black/red deck.
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Oh and dani, there is 3 colours in MtG (+ black & white sure, so 5, but black & white aren't colours icon_e_biggrin.gif ).
    If you want to get technical about it, in subtractive colors, black is all colors, and in additive colors, white is all colors, so I'd call them colors. Now artifacts, cards not associated with any colors, they are colorless.
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Maybe with the previous PvP, but now lazy cap is unbuffed...really not the same guy !
    He didn't lose as much, his red does about 4/5 the damage it did before, which is still a lot, especially if you get the 10 red return. 1 red for 2k damage.
    danikalil wrote:
    By the way, Dante, was that the game you were playing with your friends in your FB post? It looked interesting icon_e_smile.gif
    Lots of little squares on the table? That would be Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Check it out here: http://youtu.be/MINNKyE4fjs (part 1) and http://youtu.be/xgbQwxQIhbw (part 2).
    Funny story, that was the first game we played of it, and I wound up being the villain leading a bunch of zombies.
  • Dantekamar wrote:
    If you want to get technical about it, in subtractive colors, black is all colors, and in additive colors, white is all colors, so I'd call them colors. Now artifacts, cards not associated with any colors, they are colorless.
    Ok, you win...I bow in front of you, Master...
    Oh well, I totally forgot about those artifacts !
    But there is so much to tell about MtG...even a thread of 100 pages wouldn't be enough.
    Dantekamar wrote:
    He didn't lose as much, his red does about 4/5 the damage it did before, which is still a lot, especially if you get the 10 red return. 1 red for 2k damage.
    Yes that's nice icon_e_wink.gif
    I should try to pair him with Punisher.
  • danikalil
    Dantekamar wrote:

Dante, that sounds like quantum physics to me. I did say you look like a scientist... icon_e_biggrin.gif
    danikalil wrote:
    Lots of little squares on the table? That would be Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Check it out here: http://youtu.be/MINNKyE4fjs (part 1) and http://youtu.be/xgbQwxQIhbw (part 2).
    Funny story, that was the first game we played of it, and I wound up being the villain leading a bunch of zombies.

I'm going to check on that game too! Oh, so much work to do, and so many games to meet!

Oh, and Jan and I wanted to share this with you. This, in all probability, will never happen again, so we took a pic of it...Needless to say, we had to stunlock the enemies immediately, otherwise we'd have been hit!

oMyKyeP.jpg?4
  • Black and white aren't colours? What's next, are you going to tell me that I don't have 10 fingers? Or that Pluto is not a planet? When will the madness end?
  • Black and white aren't colours?
    Basically, it's just a job conditionning...so black & white are not considered like colours.
    But I don't want to bored everyone here with that...
    What's next, are you going to tell me that I don't have 10 fingers?
    One of my friend got 9...yeah, that's sad...
    Or that Pluto is not a planet?
    Sorry but when I heard about pluto that's more ... for me.
    In french, pluto is called pluton...why? No idea
    When will the madness end?
    I think...never.
    Or I never think...I still a Zombie.

Other things not related to this...You received your sig...but you don't like to wear it ?
    Or don't get how to put it in your profile ? An answer at least...
  • I don't usually like to use sigs because I'm somewhat of a minimalist. If you want, maybe I'll "ScarFighters" as my sig?
  • danikalil
    Black and white aren't colours? What's next, are you going to tell me that I don't have 10 fingers? Or that Pluto is not a planet? When will the madness end?

Actually, the debate about black and white being colours is very interesting. You might want to check this out: http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-d ... ite-colors

Madness is inherent to our thread, Wakuraku. Welcome to ScarFighters.
  • danikalil wrote:
    Dante, that sounds like quantum physics to me. I did say you look like a scientist... icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I do own a lab jacket from my previous job.
    danikalil wrote:
    Oh, and Jan and I wanted to share this with you. This, in all probability, will never happen again, so we took a pic of it...Needless to say, we had to stunlock the enemies immediately, otherwise we'd have been hit!

oMyKyeP.jpg?4
    What won't happen again? Having Call the Storm ready against Hulk?
    Edit: oh, I didn't see the 3 critacls there.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    hi.. how's everyone? ready to hunt for the Falcon?
    actually, I miss our friendly Dino.. he needs to have 2nd and 3rd ability..
    always the guest star for the Hunt..
    i wonder who the "compulsory" team member is going to be.. i remember last time it was Invisible Woman, and I didn't have her.. it was so annoying.

I hope Bagman isn't compulsory team member !!
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • danikalil
    unimatrix wrote:
    hi.. how's everyone? ready to hunt for the Falcon?
    i wonder who the "compulsory" team member is going to be.. i remember last time it was Invisible Woman, and I didn't have her.. it was so annoying.

I hope Bagman isn't compulsory team member !!
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hi Uni! Yep, ready for another nine days event...lol...I wonder what abilities will Falcon have?

We want Dino for ourselves! We'd love to have him as a character. I remember I really laughed out loud the first time I saw him.

Please, let the compulsory character be someone we all have. Like He'sonfire or something.

How are you all doing in the Hulk PVP? We're taking another plunge in a few hours.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    danikalil wrote:

How are you all doing in the Hulk PVP? We're taking another plunge in a few hours.

My bracket seems to be very active. I think keeping within 10 position is a challenge.
  • I don't plan to start it until the final hours.
  • Hey ScarFighters !

How are you all doing ?

Ok waku. Your minimalist sig is in your pm.
    unimatrix wrote:
    ready to hunt for the Falcon?
    Ready to hunt the big bird icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yes, that's very sad Dino only got 1 power :/
    Oh yeah same..last time I didn't have her for the previous Hunt...Now 2/1/1 ^^ (and the last cover (yellow) was one earned with standard token lol...now if I'd well understand it, that's no more possible right ?)
    Dantekamar wrote:
    danikalil wrote:
    oMyKyeP.jpg?4
    What won't happen again? Having Call the Storm ready against Hulk?
    Edit: oh, I didn't see the 3 criticals there.

In fact, what really be quite obvious here for me (and for those who play on Steam version) ...I'm totally lost on your interface ...How you doing ?
    Honestly I never could play on Ipad,Android, etc... plus my eyes are so bad... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Congrats ScarFighters !
    I don't know the exact rank but I heard we finished about #30 in the Hulk PvP right ?
    Finished myself in the top 5th (probably 2nd or 3rd)...Great that I could finally try the HT's black power !

Unrelated to this, Yanos, Mimio, Faerie, Eneyeseekay (mac) & xenraf (robertec), your signatures are done !
    I know Mimio you are probably killing millions of monsters on Reaper of souls (Diablo III) all the week end, try to check your pm please !
    It takes only few seconds to do, less than pee icon_lol.gif
    That means there is only Captain Crunk & CatnipHill's sig I need to finish.

I already sent you a pm CatnipHill, few days ago, to choose about another artwork or if you prefer to stick with your actual one.
    Sometimes I try to announce it (and multiple times) on the app chat, but I've no idea if people concerned are in the game or not... icon_mad.gif

Edit : Other thing...ihearthwathats aka wakuraku, I've seen you applied your sig on your profile...but still doesn't appear on your posts ??? That's really weird...
  • danikalil
    Hey everyone! We did great, didn't we?

Jan fell asleep 28 minutes before the tournament ended. She was waiting, because two hours before it was over we were almost out of top 100, and if we dropped a little more she would have broken the shield and tried to fight.

So, 28 minutes before it ended, Huios had done it in grand style - first place in the podium with 1105! We were 2nd, Frite was 3rd. Wakuraku was still rising, 485 points, and we don't know how he finished. If someone else made more points later, congratulations! ScarFighters was 32, with 13807 points. And we were 2nd in our bracket, with 964 points.

We'll start Hotshot when there's 1 day and 8 hours left, so we don't have to spend too much on shields. How are you all doing?
  • Yanos91
    Yanos91 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Hi everyone. I've been giving it a lot of thought and sadly I don't feel the motivation to play this as much anymore and I would therefore be letting you's all down. I'd maybe still play it now and then but to be honest I wouldn't contribute anywhere near as much as I used to and perhaps it's best if I was to leave the alliance so you's can find someone who will contribute lots. It's been great while it lasted and thanks for the sig fritejay, really made me feel like part of the team.
    Really sad to be leaving.
  • Sorry to hear that Yanos.

Also, check your PMs frite. Thanks!
  • danikalil
    Yanos91 wrote:
    Hi everyone. I've been giving it a lot of thought and sadly I don't feel the motivation to play this as much anymore and I would therefore be letting you's all down. I'd maybe still play it now and then but to be honest I wouldn't contribute anywhere near as much as I used to and perhaps it's best if I was to leave the alliance so you's can find someone who will contribute lots. It's been great while it lasted and thanks for the sig fritejay, really made me feel like part of the team.
    Really sad to be leaving.

Hi Yanos!

We're sad to see you go. We hope you find another game to be addicted to icon_e_smile.gif All my life, I've been switching from one addiction to another, in terms of games.

It was good to have you here. And we thank you for your frankness...you could have simply disappeared, like Knife-83.