S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    After experiencing the ads in DDQ a few times this morning, I have some observations:

1. The videos pause if your screen turns off and resume when the screen re-activates. If I'm presented with a 2 minute Wonder Woman ad, this means that I have to keep my screen active for its entirety; there's no "walking away and coming back with free ISO" like others have believed they could do.
    There may be a setting on your device to extend the time it waits before turning off the screen when it is left idle. I know I had set up one of my old phones to never turn off the screen if it was charging.
    2. I would have preferred that the videos are played when the app is launched, rather than disrupting the gaming experience. As annoying as it might be, I'd rather sit through 5 minutes of ads up front, rather than having my gaming experience be interrupted. As it is, the gaming experience feels cheapened.
    The people paying for the ads want them to be seen. This is the best way to make sure you are watching them.
    3. I am all for incentivizing players to pay for a more positive experience like extra rewards, faster healing, etc. But this new perk of VIP incentivizes you to pay to avoid a negative experience. Do other players really think that's OK?
    I think it's OK. Faster healing is really the only perk to being a VIP, and it's not really spectacular. Nothing wrong with improving the VIP package.

Also, even as a non-VIP, you CAN avoid a "negative experience." In that case, you are forfeiting the bonus, but you are not losing the reward.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    jojeda654 wrote:
    3. I am all for incentivizing players to pay for a more positive experience like extra rewards, faster healing, etc. But this new perk of VIP incentivizes you to pay to avoid a negative experience. Do other players really think that's OK?
    I think it's OK. Faster healing is really the only perk to being a VIP, and it's not really spectacular. Nothing wrong with improving the VIP package.

Also, even as a non-VIP, you CAN avoid a "negative experience." In that case, you are forfeiting the bonus, but you are not losing the reward.[/quote]
    yup... they are getting money each month from VIP players that will be more than they get from ads, so it's an extra perk that allows you to avoid the cost of getting the new bonus.

but yeah, you have the option if you want to watch the ads or not. personally I think that part is great. the only really really **** part is steam users don't have that choice at all, instead they just get left behind again.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems that mobile players are upset that they're being "forced" to watch ads, whereas STEAM players are upset that they don't get to watch ads.

There's some kind of disconnect here... icon_lol.gif

Me personally, I'm more than happy to watch ads. I like winning more stuff!!! And also I hope that STEAM users get some sort of compensation for their lack of ads and fb gifts.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I play on steam because I don't want to stare at my tiny phone for 4 hours a day and I wont do it.

Yep. Same here. Some players may have decide to play on Steam way back in the day, because the interface was better. Some may have played on multiple platforms and just stuck with Steam. Some may still be playing on multiple accounts on multiple platforms.

But most of the Steamers I know that play MPQ play on Steam because they are PC gamers. They can't imagine playing any mobile game hardcore, but have been playing PC games obsessively for years (decades icon_lol.gif ).

I play some mobile games ... in very short runs. A couple days. Then I completely forget about them. If the Steam version goes, I'll be done with MPQ, not out of any fit of pique or moral stand, but because I just don't play mobile games.

But I'm not worried. The Steam version isn't going anywhere. It's too pretty and makes such wonderful screenshots icon_lol.gif

Well said, I'm a PC gamer and I like my PC.
    To show my support to my favorite device I have officially decided to join Aes in the Battlin' Bastards of Steam (BBS) organization
    Steam players unite! icon_razz.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. The videos pause if your screen turns off and resume when the screen re-activates. If I'm presented with a 2 minute Wonder Woman ad, this means that I have to keep my screen active for its entirety; there's no "walking away and coming back with free ISO" like others have believed they could do.

Set your phone to not lock on idle, at least while you're playing. If you have an aggressive auto-lock set that's probably a problem, but my phone (don't know about others) allows me to set it to not auto-lock for 5 minutes or at all.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I'm loving the new feature and being a VIP has become even more rewarding as we don't have to watch the ads.
  • I'm loving the new error feature.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It seems that mobile players are upset that they're being "forced" to watch ads, whereas STEAM players are upset that they don't get to watch ads.

I'm not upset about the ads, you can get around them for a price anyway.

I'm upset at the rewards I'll be trailing behind on. Even if the distribution looks close to what Iamthedanger got, an extra ~150HP and ~3k iso adds up quite quickly.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Loving it got:

1x 2000 iso
    1x 1000 iso
    2 x heroic
    1x 100 hp
    1x 25hp
    ?x 10hp

Didn't really count up the 10 hp as they came clumped at the start. But yeah, very nice indeed.
  • Is it just me or does it feel like d3 is getting pretty desperate now?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Is it just me or does it feel like d3 is getting pretty desperate now?

Or they are under new management who are more aggressive about seeking revenue streams.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    This new feature sounds really great. In theory. So far today, I've received the SHIELD Intercept 17 times.

14 : 10 hp
    1 : 25 hp
    2 : 1k iso

Don't get me wrong. I really like the Intercept feature. I just hope I can get something other than 10 hp in the future.

Either way, free stuff icon_e_biggrin.gif , so, yay! An extra 200(ish) hp a day is still good.

So, Thank You Demiurge. Another great addition to a great game. Keep it up.

I'm the same way. Swimming in tens of HP.

I do like the system, and I'm looking forward to eventually getting an ISO reward, though.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Is it just me or does it feel like d3 is getting pretty desperate now?

Most businesses are always desperate for cash. Grab all you can whenever you can, no cash is guaranteed to to keep flowing.

But he made a point. Agreed to yours "grab all you can, ..." but after three years? I think some whales moved to new shores...

But anyways, its a good amount of rewards, far better for watching ads than in most games I played.

And one advice for the devs: Make it available for steam vip (they dont have to watch ads you cannot implement in steam so its no difference), because its not good to refuse these rewards from that part of your playerbase, and otherwise you will loose the steam players (respectively their vip-purchases).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a fan.

I've watched 6 videos and have raked in 55 HP (3x10, 1x25) and 4K ISO (2 x 2K).

I always have a spare 30 seconds to ignore an advert, this is a great change in my books icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Is it just me or does it feel like d3 is getting pretty desperate now?

Most businesses are always desperate for cash. Grab all you can whenever you can, no cash is guaranteed to to keep flowing.

True but maybe they didnt have resort to advertisement if they didnt make these unplayer friendly moves i.e. nerfing, cutting off CCs, no freebies for their careless mistakes. From reading the forums since i played this game, so many backlash from the things they do. Im fine with nerfs and no CCs cause you gotta move on but keep in mind i used to pay every month to support this game but i have stopped a few months ago and im sure im not the only one and thats why i think they had to resort to this.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    This makes a lot of sense to me and doesn't seem desperate at all.

#1. Get some revenue from the FTP players - no brainer.

#2. Create a bigger incentive for players to sign up for and keep VIP.

Maybe they don't have as many whales as they used to, maybe they're just trying to get something from all players instead of just a few. Either way it makes sense to me.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    udonomefoo wrote:

Maybe they don't have as many whales as they used to, maybe they're just trying to get something from all players instead of just a few. Either way it makes sense to me.

The part that will not make sense is all the Steam players they will lose. Looking at what people are reporting as rewards and from my own experience with a second account (on mobile), Steam players are going to be way behind in pretty short order.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    cardoor wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

The part that will not make sense is all the Steam players they will lose. Looking at what people are reporting as rewards and from my own experience with a second account (on mobile), Steam players are going to be way behind in pretty short order.

Yeah, that part is a serious bummer. I know I get annoyed when reading about all the FB rewards some people get that I don't get and that's not even because I "can't" get them but because I choose not to pollute my FB page with rando's.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I figured that I liked the game enough to support it by clicking on ads for additional prizes;
    I'm happy to have ways to financially support the game that don't involve me needing to pay to do it.

+1 I'm of the same mind.

The games that get the most ad revenue out of me are the ones that offer reasonable rewards for clicking optional ads. They get more out of me than those that try to seek it in every other round. Given the possible rewards, I'm quite happy on wi-fi to click any and all ad offers.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Wait... the feature is out already? Some people got a lot of stuff already...

What about me? Ive downloading the update. I played today (less than usual i agree). Im playing on my mobile device...

I have all the prerequisite and yet.... i didnt receive any intercept all day....

Sigh... what did i expect anyway