S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Updated (11/09/16): a 250 Iso-8 option has been added to bonus rewards.

This is disappointing a clearly worse reward, and no comment on the errors most are seeing.

While I've now found this announcement, I'm not sure why the thread title wasn't updated with "updated" like most other announcement threads. I only found out about the 250iso reward after getting my first this morning.

Still I'm ok with the feature overall, for the most part the rewards are solid and it's easy to skip. Ads are a good way of telling me to have 30secs off looking at my screen!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems to me that with this change there are 3 tiers of rewards and 3 different categories.

1 CP | 100 HP | 2000 ISO - Top tier
    1 HT | 25 HP | 1000 ISO - Mid tier
    n/a | 10 HP | 250 ISO - Low tier

I'm VIP so I don't see the videos but people who do look at them and see if the video length matches up with these.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    It seems to me that with this change there are 3 tiers of rewards and 3 different categories.

I'm VIP so I don't see the videos but people who do look at them and see if the video length matches up with these.

I agree with the tier set-up, but don't think it as anything to do with video length, all mine have been 30 secs so far.

My guess is:
    Top Tier - 5% chance of reward
    Mid Tier - 20%
    Low Tier - 75%

I've yet to see a top tier reward, though I'm about 50/50 on errors to ads so far which doesn't help. Before the 250ISO reward I would have put 1000iso in the low tier as it was as frequent as 10HP.
  • Afrothunder
    Afrothunder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I definitely have been getting mostly the 250 ISO since the change. I wouldn't mind that much if they would have been up front about it early. Getting VIP then the change happening makes me feel like I've been swindled.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I love this addition to the game. And even if some of the rewards are rather small, it's a welcome addition and I don't mind watching the relatively short adds.

However, I have been getting an increasing amount of errors on this. In the beginning everything went smooth but now I constantly keep getting errors when trying to watch a video. So far I was able to capitalize on roughly 4 rewards en got over 13 errors. This is really ridiculous.

Please, please, fix this problem!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:

Don't forget heroic tokens. I've been getting at least one of those a day.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 wrote:
    "David wrote:

This is disappointing a clearly worse reward, and no comment on the errors most are seeing.

A comment for steam users would also be appreciated.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I've had precisely one sigint that hasn't been an error. 1000 ISO.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I definitely have been getting mostly the 250 ISO since the change. I wouldn't mind that much if they would have been up front about it early. Getting VIP then the change happening makes me feel like I've been swindled.
    Frankly, it should, and you're definitely not alone. I am certain there were a number of players that decided to buy or renew VIP because it made it easier to collect the new additional rewards, especially with all the errors caused by video playback. 250 ISO is a significantly worse reward than anything that was announced initially. I generally try to assume good faith with the developers but the fact that these rewards were linked to VIP - a paid service - makes it a bait and switch, in my opinion.

Personally, I think the 250 ISO reward should be removed for at least one month in order to make it fair for players/customers like you.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    What rewards? I get only error messages all the time. I haven't seen a single reward yet...

Get VIP you won't have to worry about errors. It is totally worth it now.
    Is this confirmed that people with VIP have no errors?

Not strictly true. Most people with VIP just automatically get the rewards. I unfortunately have a bug where I have to watch the ads even though I am VIP. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Daily post to fix the errors please.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Whereas this was posted as an additional reward trying to give it a positive spin, it's bottom tier nature was intended to slow down the distribution of top tier rewards.

Reminds me of auto insurance giving you a 'discount' for having good credit... which is another way of saying you aren't being penalized for having bad credit like other people for something that has nothing to do with credit whatsoever.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    "David wrote:

Steam users still on dark...!

It would be nice to hear something about it.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Whereas this was posted as an additional reward trying to give it a positive spin, it's bottom tier nature was intended to slow down the distribution of top tier rewards.

Reminds me of auto insurance giving you a 'discount' for having good credit... which is another way of saying you aren't being penalized for having bad credit like other people for something that has nothing to do with credit whatsoever.

Credit rating/credit worthiness often shows whether someone is worth taking a risk on.
  • pony mad
    pony mad Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    sry, i didnt read whole thread, just wondering why steam players are getting ignored again. at least send the VIPs on steam those bonus rewards, VIP is overpriced and underwhelming enough and i just renew it regularly because i like this game and want to support it. with news like these im actually wondering why.
  • loose5682
    loose5682 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    It's genius really, set everyone up to think they're getting something good, have the people who pay get something better, then bug the ever loving heck out of the free version so people either 1) pay or 2) stop using it...

AND give a big eff you to the people who complain about it "sorry, because this is a widespread issue there will be no compensation"

Good talk.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi.

The devs are aware of the error prompts some players are seeing with Signal Intercepts. Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be hot fixed out. A correction should be arriving soon in the R114 update.

Regarding Steam players - we know there is disappointment surrounding the lack of Signal Intercepts and we are sorry. Unfortunately, the system can't be implemented for Steam owing to how everything works (external mobile ad companies and other complications). I can't provide exact reasons as I'm not a tech guy, but I've been told it isn't possible right now.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks, everyone.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]...

Regarding Steam players - we know there is disappointment surrounding the lack of Signal Intercepts and we are sorry. Unfortunately, the system can't be implemented for Steam owing to how everything works (external mobile ad companies and other complications). I can't provide exact reasons as I'm not a tech guy, but I've been told it isn't possible right now.

First, thank you for the message. I hope you can understand that the reason for the disparities between mobile and steam is not as important as what steps MPQ will take to even things out for both platforms. I hope that is in discussion. Several examples have been given about just how uneven the rewards are between Steam and mobile and that makes for very uneven and unfair competition.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the heads up. I received ads successfully until this evening, and now I'm getting errors. Hopefully it returns soon.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi.

The devs are aware of the error prompts some players are seeing with Signal Intercepts. Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be hot fixed out. A correction should be arriving soon in the R114 update.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks, everyone.
    What about offering steam users a chance to move their saves over to mobile?
    I was told you can't link them, but I don't want them linked, I want to be part of the mobile players who don't get left out with stuff like this and facebook linking.

beyond that what about reducing the cost of VIP on steam, as clearly they are getting a vastly inferior product for the same price now.

or... how about a good old simple balancer. where steam players get their own extra daily reward that gives around half of what the average mobile player gets from ads and facebook so while the resource gap continues to widen it doesn't feel like you are just saying "we don't care about you because you play on steam."

though I am confused how you can't implement it at least for the VIP users as it doesn't need to be tied to any mobile ads or anything since you aren't having them watch anything. You are basically saying in that case that it is impossible to tie any bonus unlocks to VIP which seems like it should be very possible to do.

Finally, thank you for at least responding and acknowledging steam users exist. I am trying to stay civil but this whole situation really sucks and at the very least unless I managed to get moved to mobile I know I am done giving you guys any money as I was only subbing to VIP to support you guys and all your positive changes you had made recently. I will say this is a positive change for mobile users, but that this is a horrible change for any steam user that wants to keep pace with mobile users. (If I am moved to mobile then it will resolve the issue for me at least and I will likely continue to sub to VIP to support you and so I don't have to watch ads.) I don't play hardcore so that extra 30hp +1k iso a day would go a really long way :/