S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

1789101113»

Comments

• adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    My shield intercepts have largely dried up. Did my entire initial 4 clears in pve without a single one. Why place a cap at 20 times if you are never going to reach that anyway??
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    adamdivine wrote:
    My shield intercepts have largely dried up. Did my entire initial 4 clears in pve without a single one. Why place a cap at 20 times if you are never going to reach that anyway??

It doesn't really matter, since any SHIELD intercept you see is just going to result in an error and no reward. Yeah, empirical evidence yada yada yada, but I did my final grind clearing (almost?) everything down to green checks and didn't get a single one to work correctly (to be fair, I'd say my success rate in getting them to work over the weekend was closer to 50%).
  • Perhaps the errors exist intentionally, to force you to buy V.I.P. where there are no errors and it is all glory for the small price of $$$.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I had no errors all weekend. Today, playing on a different tablet with MUCH less memory? Errors every time.

Meh. Win some, lose some. I'm telling myself they were all going to be 250 Iso.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne wrote:
    I had no errors all weekend. Today, playing on a different tablet with MUCH less memory? Errors every time.

Meh. Win some, lose some. I'm telling myself they were all going to be 250 Iso.
    I had errors all Sunday morning, but Sunday evening they were working... it was so weird.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I had one this morning and literally no others at all for the entire day, and I definitely played for about 5 more hours (I know, that is way too much for a mobile game). That's gotta be wrong, right?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps the errors exist intentionally, to force you to buy V.I.P. where there are no errors and it is all glory for the small price of $$$.

Can we stop with the tinfoil-hat conspiracy posts? icon_rolleyes.gif Honestly, we can see in so many ways how bugs crop up in this game endlessly and how long it takes to have them fixed. Does anyone honestly think Demiurge is going to squander their limited resources coming up with ways to deliberately screw the players? Get real.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't have errors the last few days. I'm positive that this is not trying to pressure us into getting VIP. Bugs happen some time. Beside, we didn't have ads before, and somehow we still pulled through. We'll be able to pull through with partial or full ads as well.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I still seem to be getting errors, though they feel less frequent. I've been force closing the app after a few successful ones as I've a theory it's only occurring when the app has been left running for a while. This seems to be helping, but isn't fool proof.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Since update, no errors at all, but 250 iso8 is more frequent.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    since the update i haven't seen one. as in, the option to watch a video doesn't appear. anyone else having this issue or am i the lucky one...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Barely get anything now. No failures but rarely any rewards either. I did get 100hp and 2000 iso when they did come though, so better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    Since update, no errors at all, but 250 iso8 is more frequent.

Yep, seems like with each passing day 250 iso is becoming more and more frequent. I just assume that they give a heroic token instead of 250 iso. It's worth the same amount and at least there is the slight gamble of something better.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'm still getting a good variety of rewards. I've been logging them since they started, and I get a decent mix of HP, HT, CP and Iso. I've had much more HP in the last couple of days, and am heartily thankful for it.

The lack of it is enough to make me abandon my Steam noob account, though.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    so i'm quite literally the only one not getting these anymore?

maybe i'll get some compensation?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    with these intercepts/video ads, are they live streaming as they play?

or are they downloaded at some point (daily data push or patch, etc.) and then played from your game/phone storage?

just curious if it matters for my phone data usage. I try to play on wifi only, but obviously sometimes i don't.

sorry if this has been addressed.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would assume they are live streaming. The game probably using the ios/android api to bring up ads
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    It's not live stream for sure. One can say, it works similar way as watching Youtube, with simple application to view the film incorporated to the MPQ game.