S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

Comments

• goozen
    goozen Posts: 16
    So it will take only about 2-3 weeks for Steam users to start lagging behind with this change...
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I've gotten the bonus reward thrice today(10 HP,1000 iso,2000 iso), playing very sparingly and didn't have to watch an ad at all. No complaints from this guy so far.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any reason why i haven't seen any of these ads yet? i'll watch some things for bonus goodies...

edit: well, i got 3, but the last 4 i tried came up with error messages.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    GJ D3. Thank you very much for all teh ERROR rewards. Are u able to do anything working properly?
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    by goozen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:02 pm

So it will take only about 2-3 weeks for Steam users to start lagging behind with this change...

I am Steam player. Consider that you play moderately (12 messages per day out of the 20 max; it would take you like 6 minutes) and have very bad luck with intercept rewards (imo 10 HP is the worst one)

120 HP/day -> 840 HP/week -> 3360 HP/month; enaugh for three free roster slots, or a 10-pack and a roster slot.

Say you draw 5.000 ISO per day -> 35.000 ISO/week -> 140.000 ISO/month

The lag will be significant indeed. I feel less confortable with this issue each day.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    I am Steam player. Consider that you play moderately (12 messages per day out of the 20 max; it would take you like 6 minutes) and have very bad luck with intercept rewards (imo 10 HP is the worst one)

120 HP/day -> 840 HP/week -> 3360 HP/month; enaugh for three free roster slots, or a 10-pack and a roster slot.

Say you draw 5.000 ISO per day -> 35.000 ISO/week -> 140.000 ISO/month

The lag will be significant indeed. I feel less confortable with this issue each day.
    You won't draw 12 messages with moderate play.
    I did a full end grind and start grind in PVE last night and got about 4-5 rewards.
    That was 3 hours of playtime.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    by Bowgentle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 am

You won't draw 12 messages with moderate play.
    I did a full end grind and start grind in PVE last night and got about 4-5 rewards.
    That was 3 hours of playtime.

Thank you Bow, it was pure speculation from my part as I didnt have any info on frequencies and chances, and 5 ads in 3 hours is way less tan i expected.

But even if you only get 2 ads, 20 HP/day makes 600 HP/month, half slot per month. If you add the Facebook ISO, the gap is quite significant. Ans that's on pure, direct reward; mobile players can easily optimize playing time (that 10 minutes waiting for kids to finish their music class? lets make a PvP jump and advance in DDQ.

I WANT TO GO MOBILE.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    As a mobile player, I say just give the Steam players some freebies. It won't hurt the rest of us and there shouldn't be much impact on revenue given how few of them there apparently are in comparison. Keep them happy because some of them are future mobile players, or at least may influence others to pick it up.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Steam players need not worry, bc I'm playing on an Android device and the last 3 times an error occured. Thanks icon_twisted.gif You don't pass start and don't collect $200. I should be glad that i don't have to go to jail

But seriously. I'm more than willing to spend some time watching ads, but these errors occuring every time really bugs me (pun intended)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Yet another example of treating fun as a resource to be spent instead of as a design goal.

These people aren't game designers. They're harvesters.
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Just when i thought this was pretty good all i get is error messages. Great.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Getting occasional 100HP from watching the ad? By all means. That is already progressing even if you might lose your climb to higher ranks. But hey, everyone is watching ads unless they don't want extra resources or have benefit the company recently.
  • mckauhu wrote:
    Getting occasional 100HP from watching the ad? By all means. That is already progressing even if you might lose your climb to higher ranks.

If watching an ad makes you progress in a game, then are you even really playing a game? Or just watching ads for virtual points?? Throw a slot machine simulator in and voila. Be sure to log in everyday to get your free rolls!
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    ROTBI wrote:
    I haven't seen this explicitly clarified: Is the video-viewing bonus in addition to what you already would have received or instead of? I don't want to pass up CPs just to get 10 HP.
    It's in addition to whatever else you get. You click the button to watch the ad, then you get the node reward, then the daily reward (if applicable), then the ad reward.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Can we get a clarification on how long "recently supported the game" lasts? I spent $20 on HP during the anniversary sale, and the game considers me a lowly scrub.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twice now in a row I've skipped the Signal Intercept because of button placement... CURSE YOU! Swap the buttons!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    After receiving a number of HP rewards, my HP balance is once again a multiple of 25 (waaaaaaay back I bought during a "bonus HP" sale and it's been wacky ever since). The OCD part of me is sorely tempted to never again view a SHIELD Intercept. The free-to-play part of me (yes, I have made purchases in the past, but elected to go F2P about 6 weeks ago) knows I need those rewards along with the others I get from playing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving unfair for steam users
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other than the increasing amount of errors I've been getting, I am seriously loving this addition to the game. I feel like Scrooge McDuck with all the HP I've been pulling!*

* I may be exaggerating for effect.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between the ads, scl and champing, my HP has grown a good amount. I will definitely be able to go for it with next year's anniversary vault! Can't wait icon_e_smile.gif