S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    My ISO needs went from "big but managable" during double ISO events to "snowballing disaster" with multiple characters that I can't champ and more comming.

HP? I can't remember when I had enough to buy any token. Every single HP goes towards character slots, maybe one PvP shield in a month.

Now I have a glorious chance to earn extra HP, ISO and CP.

Except not, because I play on Steam.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I regret from several months ago to have started playing on Steam: worse availability in a game that is VERY clock dependant, and behind ISO compared to mobile players.

We Steam players are on a worse, unfair position; D3, please find a way to balance this or ALLOW US TO MIGRATE TO MONILE.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I watch ads in a lot of other games I play, and these are optional, so it really isn't a big deal for non-Steam users. That being said, is there a way for you to filter certain ads from being shown?

The last one I got was a 144 second trailer for Wonder Woman. That is way too long, and you probably shouldn't have ads for DC in a Marvel game.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for showing me other games I could be playing

You might want to rethink who's ad dollars you are accepting
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect the devs have Little influence over what ads are actually shown, it is probably an ad Agency that does that.
    On Another forum where I am a mod we'd occassionally get complaints about erotic ads on the page. Our standard response was "We have no influence over the ads you see. They are usually determined by your browser history." icon_razz.gif
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I'm on VIP so I can't complain, first intercept was 1000iso. Every little helps..
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    The first three times it gave me an ERROR .... the second three ones I got 3x10 HP

oK...I am not annoyed....YET icon_e_wink.gif
    but I would have preferred iso8.pngiso8.png and commandpoints.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I haven't seen this explicitly clarified: Is the video-viewing bonus in addition to what you already would have received or instead of? I don't want to pass up CPs just to get 10 HP.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    I have a couple of questions:

When two options pop up for reward claiming, I'm currently in the habit of clicking the LEFT button... this is because I WANT to share the rewards with my facebook friends... the RIGHT button is to claim without passing them along. I've been trained to click the LEFT button when I want additional rewards shared... When I get the Signal Intercept, I now have to do the opposite. I have to click the RIGHT button to accept and claim the extra rewards, and click LEFT to ignore them and claim them by themselves.

This has caused me to skip the Signal Intercept several times when I actually WANT to watch the ads for the extra rewards. Can you reverse the two buttons so that there's consistency?

The limit of 20 per day... is that 20 options to watch and skip? Or 20 times actually watching them?
    I've accidentally skipped some Signal Intercepts because of your odd button placement choices... does that mean I don't get those options again or are they recycled and come back later until I've actually watched 20 ads and claimed 20 Signal Intercepts?

I think these optional ads for extra rewards is the perfect way to integrate them into the game if they need to be integrated to keep the game alive and earning money.

People complaining that they have to decide between Top 10 and watching the Ads for the extra rewards amuse me. Do you also go to a buffet and complain that there's too much food for you to eat and you shouldn't be made to choose which food to leave at the buffet? (I want it ALL!)

I received the "Error, try again later" message a couple times. Not sure if they are ad specific since I don't know which ad was supposed to play in that spot, but No Reward for the effort. I did force close the app after getting an error, and the next one worked... then 2 errors. Force closed, next one worked, and so did the next one... I don't know if resetting the app worked or if certain ad video's were corrupted in the update.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm mostly getting 10 HP, which is fine. That comes out to around ~1000 HP per week, so a new roster slot (or 100 daily tokens).

I already had a time where I accidentally skipped over the ad. The horrors! I felt very bad. Because I normally just do my best to push the left screen around 5 times after each battle, in order to get the rewards and share with friends.

But the ads are on the right, not the left! So now I have to pay very close attention and move with precision to make sure that I both view the ads (right button) and also share rewards with friends (left button).

I think it's nice. Y'all devs are lucky because right now, I'm only in a relationship with mpq... but yeah at some point if I get bored and decide to try other games, it's great to see that I have lots of options of ones that look great! icon_razz.gif
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Steam user here. Put aside again icon_cry.gif

Ask for equality is too much!?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Houtro wrote:
    Steam user here. Put aside again icon_cry.gif

Ask for equality is too much!?

I hear you. Steam players need some love too icon_cry.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's only PvE and only 20 a day (I understand that when you reach the limit you will not see any more). First two got me 100 and 10 HP which I find a great addition. You should be able to get a slot or two in time for every new release. Any extra ISO or CP are welcome as well.

I don't mind as it's not really invasive. Unfortunately for me it's a sing of the game dying. Apparently the stream of revenue is lower than expected so they are rolling with plan B - new 3* and adds.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    I received the "Error, try again later" message a couple times. Not sure if they are ad specific since I don't know which ad was supposed to play in that spot, but No Reward for the effort. I did force close the app after getting an error, and the next one worked... then 2 errors. Force closed, next one worked, and so did the next one... I don't know if resetting the app worked or if certain ad video's were corrupted in the update.

I've gotten 2 this morning - both gave me an error message, even after force closing and restarting the app. I am on iOS 10.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Don't let Gaben hear you asking for ads on Steam, guys.
    This is a nice update, but sadly doesn't affect me. We Steam users should get stuff mobile users don't get, like hats.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Got 5 over the last 2 days. 3 gave an error and went back into the game, 1 just force closed the whole game, and 2 actually worked and gave HP. All failures and success on iOS 10.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    freakygeek wrote:
    Got 5 over the last 2 days. 3 gave an error and went back into the game, 1 just force closed the whole game, and 2 actually worked and gave HP. All failures and success on iOS 10.

5 over the last 2 days.

This feature hasn't been implemented for a full 24 hours yet...
  • eh... it's fine... (steam player here). What will be next ? Events only for mobile users ? icon_e_confused.gif
  • tyler92387
    tyler92387 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    The concept of the ads is fine, but the 30 second ones were already approaching being too long. I got the 2 minute Wonder Woman trailer for only 10 HP, and that's not something I'm interested in doing again. If the ad is going to be that long, it had better be for a command point or one of the other top tier rewards.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Playing on mobile and got only ERRORS. GJ D3. Thx for new bugs.