S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts Arriving

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome! I hope there's ads for Triple Dent Gum! icon_lol.gif

hqdefault.jpg
  • Punter1 wrote:
    Ad was short, less than 5 secs, for some sort of Ad company so I think just a placeholder.

My ad was 30 seconds for Angry Birds icon_e_sad.gif
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Punter1 wrote:
    Ad was short, less than 5 secs, for some sort of Ad company so I think just a placeholder.

Yup mine too now, just lucked out playing early before it was properly switched on.

6 rewards so far: 3x 10hp, 2x 1000iso, 1x 25HP
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    As long as mobile and steam versions are separated, there is no reason for that. Technically they are different games and this change wont discriminate steam players in any way.

Technically they're not, or PvP would amount to me, Ducky, Snowcatt, and a few others fighting each other ad nauseam in PvP.

Console and Steam/Mobile are different, not Steam and Mobile.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Facebook rewards were frustrating enough, but now, seeing as how mobile users now have the ability to potentially earn thousands of ISO and hundreds of Hero Points every day while someone like me, who's playing on PC, once again gets nothing, I'm not putting a further cent into this. Not joking, either.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, I did three fights in PVE, got three shield intercepts... two 30 ads and one fake 5 second placement ad. Three prizes of 10 HP each!!!
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Once again, Steam players get screwed! If you guys can't/won't figure something out in the few months to get Steam users on equal footing as mobile users, I will have to reconsider playing this game with any kind of seriousness.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen other games do this and it's annoying, worse than pop-ups. They videos were like 30 seconds long each. Oh well, guess I'm glad I'm a VIP icon_cool.gif

Basically this seems like a way to force people to VIP or to leave... I guess that's one strategy.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Punter1 wrote:
    Punter1 wrote:

Yup mine too now, just lucked out playing early before it was properly switched on.

6 rewards so far: 3x 10hp, 2x 1000iso, 1x 25HP

Nice rewards you got there, as a steam user who spends about 20$ a month I expect those rewards credited daily to my account as well.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Have the ads been effecting how the game runs for anyone?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming these only pop up in story mode? I've played 6 Sim matches and haven't seen one. R113 on andriod
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    <snark>After last night's server outage, maybe it should be renamed Signal Interruption.</snark>

Interesting that it's not mentioned in the R113 release notes.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'll probably handle these like I do in every mobile game: invoke the ad, put the phone down for 30 seconds and take a quick break, come back and claim the freebie.

I know it's not really in the spirit of the thing, but you can't really stop people doing this - unless you want to go down the route of the horrifying scenario in Black Mirror's "Fifteen Million Merits", where ads can tell when you've stopped looking at them...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a non-Steam player, I guess I have to ask a question (regarding Steamer gripes) that'll make me sound dumb:
    Does Steam even run ads in game? At all? Because if Steam doesn't have a system in it that runs in game ads, then you shouldn't be expecting Demiurge to create one. Same goes with Facebook functionality, though I'd be really surprised if Steam didn't have any. I mean, Facebook has its hentai tentacles in everything these days.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 wrote:
    As a non-Steam player, I guess I have to ask a question (regarding Steamer gripes) that'll make me sound dumb:
    Does Steam even run ads in game? At all? Because if Steam doesn't have a system in it that runs in game ads, then you shouldn't be expecting Demiurge to create one. Same goes with Facebook functionality, though I'd be really surprised if Steam didn't have any. I mean, Facebook has its hentai tentacles in everything these days.

Steam has an overlay, but no possibility of running adds in that "so far"(knocks on wood).

But that still doesn't change the fact that D3 has created a reward system not based on what you do ingame, but the format you chose to play the game on at the very beginning, before you knew it could screw you over. Which álso wouldn't have been a problem if you could play the game cross platform. Which you can't. So basically, screw you steam players.

I could get over the occasional extra iso on different platforms. But adding heroic tokens, HP and command points to the equation, that's just a slap in the face.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Updated and played a bunch of Shield Sim trying to catch one, but got zip. I played the first node of ddq and it activated. 30 second ad for a Sim City game rewarded me with 25hp. I will probably buy my first round of VIP just to keep from losing these on hops, but otherwise I think it's a reasonable addition.

Also, buying during the Anniversary doesn't fall under the "recently supported" category icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Ludaa wrote:
    Updated and played a bunch of Shield Sim trying to catch one, but got zip. I played the first node of ddq and it activated. 30 second ad for a Sim City game rewarded me with 25hp. I will probably buy my first round of VIP just to keep from losing these on hops, but otherwise I think it's a reasonable addition.

Also, buying during the Anniversary doesn't fall under the "recently supported" category icon_e_sad.gif

Maybe you didn't spend enough?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:

It's been said on the discord server that intercepts are pve only.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hearing all sorts of stories about folks getting HP and ISO from PVE/DDQ.

SOUNDS GREAT! WISH I COULD JOIN!

RESOURCES are what matter in this game. If you lock a segment (Steam) out of that resource race, you put them in a bag for that race!

Let's see a STEAM ONLY resource plan! 2nd daily drop - only for Steam players!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *Updated post to clarify that S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts are tied to Story missions.