Strange Sights Event: The Doctor Is In The House *Updated

1234568»

Comments

• Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    3. Thanks for allowing multiple attempts at the boss! Perhaps the worst part of the Boss nodes is the 3rd day scaling and the 1 try only per side node clear. because the Boss node isn't under time or a 1 and done pressure, people can experiment across the width of their roster. New play mechanics encourage new character combos. But some real thought needs to be applied to scaling.

----Specifically, the boss is getting scaled to your strongest chars (but the 5* tier doesn't feature the same level of board manipulation that the 3* tier offers). While this issue has happened in every PVE event. Its particularly glaring in Boss events because Players at different tiers must take fundamentally different approaches to solve the boss puzzle.

Fundamentally, Is it appropriate to ask different tiers of players to solve the puzzle in very different ways? Shouldn't all tiers have access to the same strategies (Specifically, a high level 5* roster should have the same chances of sucess as a 3* roster using a board control strategy vs. a 5* strong meat shield approach?)

I would fundametally suggest that Boss nodes should be scaled off the team you actually use vs the strongest team in your roster because typically Boss nodes wins emphasize a tactic vs fast high damage.
    The World of Warcraft approach. Bosses have no visible level, and even the enemies now (in the new expansion area) scale difficulty to what you're using. Since you already can't see the match or power damage until you've chosen a team, it's only an issue to the health and level displayed up front. No reason outside of coding it shouldn't work (and how about the opportunity to try and beat a boss with all 1 star heroes?)
    I like this idea.

Would open up the game and the chars massively
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Q & A question I want answered is: When do we get rewards from the Chapters? I'm playing against roughly 1/3 of my bracket today in Wand of Watoom. Similarly, Alliance members are playing against 1/3 of their brackets, plus, Alliance members are playing in the other 2 chapters. Are we going to wait 3 days before getting rewards from everything all at once? Will it be day by day? Will it be completely bonkers and give alliance rewards from each chapter every day based on where the alliance stands in the chapter at the end of each day?
    ... And there we have it. Got alliance placement from Wand of Watoom, Orb of Agamotto, and Book of Vishanti. 6 Strange Sights tokens total (3 Storm Classic, a "Flame Off" Torch, "Daddy Issues" Daken, and "Please Buff Me" Spiderman). If this happens for all three days (and it's the weekend, so probably), this gravy's going to give me a heart attack.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Q & A question I want answered is: When do we get rewards from the Chapters? I'm playing against roughly 1/3 of my bracket today in Wand of Watoom. Similarly, Alliance members are playing against 1/3 of their brackets, plus, Alliance members are playing in the other 2 chapters. Are we going to wait 3 days before getting rewards from everything all at once? Will it be day by day? Will it be completely bonkers and give alliance rewards from each chapter every day based on where the alliance stands in the chapter at the end of each day?
    ... And there we have it. Got alliance placement from Wand of Watoom, Orb of Agamotto, and Book of Vishanti. 6 Strange Sights tokens total (3 Storm Classic, a "Flame Off" Torch, "Daddy Issues" Daken, and "Please Buff Me" Spiderman). If this happens for all three days (and it's the weekend, so probably), this gravy's going to give me a heart attack.

I heartily approve of this system. Alliance rewards for subs should be generous as opposed to competitive. For the event as a whole, competitive is fine, but everyone getting 6 tokens per sub, I think is a wonderful way to handle this.
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I don't understand how the overall rank for this event is calculated.
    Yesterday I finished 17th in the first branch.
    I'm currently at rank 13 in the second branch.
    And yet, my overall rank for the event is 64.
    How is this possible???
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, those token drops after my sub ended were just a thing of beauty.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loving this event. wish they'd run it instead of boss rush for anniversary, but I'd like to see it again and other events like it too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So i am in sub #2 and in book of vishanti and I like the event. I like unlocking a boss to fight and it being a one time reward. For this sub one technical complaint is the 2* essential mission is too close to the one true sergeant of doom and mindless togetherness. It can make it difficult to click on the node you want.
    From a game play standpoint the goons feel like they level up fairly quickly and get to really high health extremly extremly fast. I don't know if that is because I have 4 championed 4* for this event or if I did not pay attention to previous events for clears 5-6 on hard nodes.
    Overall thumbs up to this event so far.
  • MrTrix wrote:
    How is this possible???

I am in a similar boat. Top 50 first day, top 20 second. Overall 59 at the end of day 2.
    Mathematically this is possible but it seems highly unlikely.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Kenofalte wrote:
    MrTrix wrote:
    How is this possible???

I am in a similar boat. Top 50 first day, top 20 second. Overall 59 at the end of day 2.
    Mathematically this is possible but it seems highly unlikely.

Me three. I'm thinking it's because we are taking the road less travelled.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Overall ranks are calculated by everyone in your bracket. So you can do well in your sub, but there'll be players completing a different sub each day that are doing better, which is why your overall ranking is lower than your sub ranking.

At a guess anyway
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    TeamStewie wrote:

Yeah, that would make sense. Though it's confusing that there is no way to see how people in each of the other branches are doing.
    If they do this kind of event more often, then I hope they will add a way that you can see each day what the top score in each branch is (even if you yourself picked a different branch).
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    So i am in sub #2 and in book of vishanti and I like the event. I like unlocking a boss to fight and it being a one time reward. For this sub one technical complaint is the 2* essential mission is too close to the one true sergeant of doom and mindless togetherness. It can make it difficult to click on the node you want.
    From a game play standpoint the goons feel like they level up fairly quickly and get to really high health extremly extremly fast. I don't know if that is because I have 4 championed 4* for this event or if I did not pay attention to previous events for clears 5-6 on hard nodes.
    Overall thumbs up to this event so far.

The Doom sub I found was quite difficult after 4 clears mainly because of the Ultron bots. They scale more than usual it seems and they
    get quite nasty, the new minions this event introduces really works well with them too.
  • zodiac339
    MrTrix wrote:
    How is this possible???
    Let's say each path has three missions. Your three take longer to finish than the missions in the other paths (let's say 2 have a hero and 2 minions). The other 2 paths have missions with all minions. 333 people are in your path from the 1000 you're playing against and the rest are in the other 2 paths. The other 667 people finished faster than you, so they have higher ranks in the event, but you finished faster than the 333 on your path, so you finished well in the sub.
    Multiple paths is interesting, but a little confusing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I beat Kaecilius for the third time.
    Strange still says "we need to come back tomorrow".

Why make an event like this if you're unable to track the number of artefacts I have, Demiurge?
  • zodiac339
    Bowgentle wrote:
    So I beat Kaecilius for the third time.
    Strange still says "we need to come back tomorrow".

Why make an event like this if you're unable to track the number of artefacts I have, Demiurge?
    Yay! Permanent event providing 6 event tokens per day from alliance rewards forever!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    MrTrix wrote:
    TeamStewie wrote:

Yeah, that would make sense. Though it's confusing that there is no way to see how people in each of the other branches are doing.
    If they do this kind of event more often, then I hope they will add a way that you can see each day what the top score in each branch is (even if you yourself picked a different branch).

It's kind of annoying that I probably won't get top 50 overall for the covers but top 50 for each sub-event with the tokens and 100hp kind of makes up for it. Plus the bucket of covers I got overnight for alliance placement icon_e_smile.gif