Strange Sights Event: The Doctor Is In The House *Updated

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings, all.

The Doctor Strange event is nearly here! Anthony_Demiurge has sent over some info we hope you will find useful before you dive in on November 3rd. We'll keep an eye on your comments and Anthony will try to provide additional Q&A responses based on any questions you may have.

Thank you and have fun out there in alternate reality!

Summary

Strange Sights is the latest Story event that will be coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest. This Story features multiple paths that the player gets to choose in order to reclaim Doctor Strange’s missing artifacts. To reclaim these artifacts, Doctor Strange will have to overcome different foes from alternate reality versions of New York. Only when the artifacts are back in Doctor Strange’s possession can he foil Kaecilius’ plan to dominate Earth!

MPQ_Strange_Sights_Event_2016.jpg

Event Structure

Strange Sights is set up like any other 3-day Story Event and will debut with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Upon completion of the first mission in the Main Event chapter, three doors become available to you. Each door represents a different alternate reality of New York that has succumbed to a different foe’s control. Each day, you will have the opportunity to select a door that you have not chosen before and play its Sub-Chapter.

At the end of each Sub-Chapter is a one-time mission where you take on the leader of that reality and reclaim one of Doctor Strange’s artifacts. Once you complete this mission, you will receive a token for that artifact that unlocks a limited vault.

Once you have claimed an artifact, you will have an opportunity to face off against Kaecillius. You can find this Boss mission back in the Main Chapter. Kaecillius is impervious to damage and will require special tactics to overtake him.

Rewards

Strange Sights will have similar mission, progression, and placement rewards to other 3-day events. During the initial run, there will be 3 limited vaults (one for each of the artifacts) and a special Legendary Store.

Once you obtain one of Doctor Strange’s artifacts, you will gain access to a 10-item limited vault. You will receive one token for obtaining the artifact and you will be able to purchase 9 additional pulls from the vault. The vault contains Iso-8, Hero Points, a random 4-Star, one 3-Star Doctor Strange cover, and a token to the Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store.

The Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store is a Legendary store that players have an increased chance to receive 5-Star Doctor Strange covers. Players can purchase additional pulls from this store by using Command Points.

F.A.Q.

Q: How much does it cost to purchase additional pulls from the Artifact Limited Vaults?
A: A single pull from the vault is 350 Hero Points. Nine pulls from the vault is 3000 Hero Points.

Q: How much does it cost to purchase pulls from the Sanctum Sanctorum Cover store?
A: 25 Command Points per pull

*UPDATE (11/02/16):

There are two known issues with the Strange Sights event:

• Alliance placement rewards for sub-chapters are more flat than normal. All ranks get the Event tokens normally awarded to the top 10 ranks.
• Kaecilius appears as a 1-Star character, even though his scaled power can bring him up to 5-Star and beyond.

Thanks.

Comments

• Well I'm excited D3! I hope this event runs smoothly and I hope to get both versions of Strange. Time to release the Kraken (my 22 Latest Legendary tokens)!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaecillius is impervious to damage? Now this looks interesting. Could we get a little info on what it means?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    What will be the %chance to pull 5*strange?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 wrote:
    What will be the %chance to pull 5*strange?
    I'd assume 10% like BW in her exclusive tokens
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Looks like a really interesting way to make a new event, (preliminary) hats off to the devs for coming up with this. Hoping that the scaling works alright and looking forward to a good event hopefully.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    so is this an alliance event or a regular pve event with a 1k bracket?
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Kaecillius is impervious to damage? Now this looks interesting. Could we get a little info on what it means?

You're supposed to lose of course!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    David -
    My suggestion is that you have Anthony on standby in the first 6 or so hours after the event begins. I doubt we will have that many intelligent questions based on this limited info, but may well have very salient concerns/questions/kudos once the event begins.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    This event looks really interesting, and I love that it's a new 3-day PvE.

It sounds like you can essentially choose the sub that you play each day. In view of that, can you explain the interaction between that choice and sub rewards?

Are all of the subs equal in point value?

Or do you only compete for sub rewards against other people who chose your same sub?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm always excited to try new events! Thanks for bringing some variety to the game.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, Doom Bots, Maggia, and Hand icons on the screen shot. My best guess is that you'll always have three available, but can only beat each one once, so HAMMER and ULTRON will be the most likely replacements on the following days.Don't know how many people faced ULTRON with a green and blue Sentry, but it sucks and will probably be what we deal with on that path. Still it'll be a new experience. Now, does the Boss affect score? Placement could be really poorly affected if it affects score. Good luck everyone. I mean, better luck to me and my alliance, but relatively decent luck to to everyone else.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Also, will one of the doors have a goat behind it?

4b075ac0-aa22-4832-b1ff-4e339be56eb5_zpse2i74ne3.jpg
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    1. Can we choose the same path each day? Or will a path be locked out once we obtain the artifact from it?

2.a. Will we be able to see the contents of the vaults ahead of time so as to make informed decisions? Or will we only know what's in the vault after we open it?
    2.b. Will the vaults be the same to everyone?

3. Are there placement rewards? If so, can an we get a glimpse?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    This looks really, REALLY promising.

CL levels for its debut is a great sign!

Let's see if we are meant to lose, or meant to have fun...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume all subs will have the same node values to keep everyone in line regardless of door chosen
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    3k hp is kinda steep for 1 the Sanctum Sanctorum token, 1 random 4*, 1 3* dr strange, mystery iso/hp for other 7 pulls.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is this? Detailed and useful information on a new event more than a day in advance?

Huzzah! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker

I really wish they had made it so he didn't take or receive damage - you have x turns to accomplish y - win and progress lose and wipe - no retreat and force close is a wipe.

That way they could be really puzzling and you could take anyone in your roster suited to the challenge and all those unloved and underused 2*s, 3* and 4*s in my roster might see the light of day and have some relevance without the certain knowledge that my 5* scaling means they'll be dead before they are useful so it's ill suited a team all the way
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope that this story is getting us close to non grindy damage race type gameplay.

If this is a puzzle boss you guys will have pulled a 180 from the last boss fight. (even trying to move some blacks down that the boss is trying to move up would be better than just hitting a bunch of nodes 4 times)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new event looks great but I am really afraid about Kaecillius fight. Ok, so he doesnt take damage as other bosses and we need to use other tactics, that sounds cool but ... which is his level? Does he use PvE scaling like Boss Rush? If we have to fight a 530+ level Kaecillius with 3s it is going to be a nightmare :S