Strange Sights Event: The Doctor Is In The House *Updated

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    "Once you have claimed an artifact, you will have an opportunity to face off against Kaecillius. You can find this Boss mission back in the Main Chapter. Kaecillius is impervious to damage and will require special tactics to overtake him." - Briefly said, without some broken winfinite combo you are doomed. 90% of our roster will be completely useless.

And Vault with 350HP token... 3000HP for 9 tokens (what a massive discount!) - I can buy a full game on steam for 20€, do you realize that?
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    It seems that with a 3-day event, and 3 nodes, that you can do each node (or the next one) is released every 24hrs.

So if we skip the first 2x days, can we just do them all the 3rd day? Or will only 1x be open.

Just want confirmation that if you play once per day, you can still finish the event.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Will there be essential characters and who will they be? Would the placement rewards from enemy of the state be a sure thing? Nova, Spider-Man and ?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Not knowing the mechanics of the Kaecilius fight, it seems this event focuses more on individual play like Boss Rush than cumulative effort like other Boss events.

Will alliance play be a big factor for completing this event?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    It seems that with a 3-day event, and 3 nodes, that you can do each node (or the next one) is released every 24hrs.

So if we skip the first 2x days, can we just do them all the 3rd day? Or will only 1x be open.

Just want confirmation that if you play once per day, you can still finish the event.

from the sounds like all 3 opening nodes will be at the start, once u do one node, a sub event opens up like a normal pve where they will prolly be 3 normal nodes, 3 hard nodes, 3 essential nodes and 1 artifact node that opens up the boss. and u can then open one of the others after the sub ends during the next day, rince and repeat.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:
    Not knowing the mechanics of the Kaecilius fight, it seems this event focuses more on individual play like Boss Rush than cumulative effort like other Boss events.

Will alliance play be a big factor for completing this event?

All together now. This is a standard pve. Not a boss battle.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least it's not Boss Rush (I hope)
    stay tuned kids
    qoapj4ac.gif
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker

With the higher costing event tokens, finding even a top 100 PvE alliance will save almost a 1000 hp. If it follows regular PvE alliance rewards.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:

With the higher costing event tokens, finding even a top 100 PvE alliance will save almost a 1000 hp. If it follows regular PvE alliance rewards.

Unless the event tokens and the special Strange vault tokens are two different things. I don't think regular event tokens are going to let us have a crack at one of the limited 10-item vaults, and those are the ones we'd want to spend HP on, right?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaecillius is impervious to damage? Now this looks interesting. Could we get a little info on what it means?

Maybe this match will be a nice nod to the Original Puzzle Quest by adding Skull tiles to the board that you have to match to deal damage! Ah memories
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    alphabeta wrote:
    I really wish they had made it so he didn't take or receive damage - you have x turns to accomplish y - win and progress lose and wipe - no retreat and force close is a wipe.

That way they could be really puzzling and you could take anyone in your roster suited to the challenge and all those unloved and underused 2*s, 3* and 4*s in my roster might see the light of day and have some relevance without the certain knowledge that my 5* scaling means they'll be dead before they are useful so it's ill suited a team all the way

Why doesn't this have 100 upvotes?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Will we only be able to fight a boss once each day? What happens if the app crashes at start of battle? Are we just Sol?
    Also like mentioned before do we have a main event bracket (1k players) with 3 sub events (1k players maybe not the same as main bracket). This might make it so you could be first in the first day sub but still be like 30th overall. Hope it isn't this way.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    What happens if the app crashes at start of battle?

211143.jpg?b64lines=IFRIQVQnUwpVTlBPU1NJQkxFLg==
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if having different paths means we can actually dodge our least favorite goon types. I'd love to hit Hammer goons, Doombots and the Hand while avoiding Ultron, Symbiotes and particularly Maggia goons led by those terrifying Muscles.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Kaecillius is impervious to damage and will require special tactics to overtake him.

So, in other words, Kaecillius with be scaled to around 700 (my highest rostered character is 200) and he will wipe my team in 4, maybe 5 turns.

Yeah, we're onto you nowadays D3. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    My guess is, the field will have some kind of special tiles (I would like to see one countdown tile of each color that cannot be destroyed but can be matched), that when matched will either decrease his health bar by a set fraction (1/6?) or leave him open to damage for the next turn. If it's countdowns, I expect the match to be considered lost if we let them resolve.
    I also expect him to have a passive making him immune to stun, and maybe one that generates AP of one or two colors.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Berserk Al wrote:
    My guess is, the field will have some kind of special tiles (I would like to see one countdown tile of each color that cannot be destroyed but can be matched), that when matched will either decrease his health bar by a set fraction (1/6?) or leave him open to damage for the next turn. If it's countdowns, I expect the match to be considered lost if we let them resolve.
    I also expect him to have a passive making him immune to stun, and maybe one that generates AP of one or two colors.

Based on the Boss Rush, I expect him to win if he gets to 30 Black like Galactic, and convert 10 tiles Black at the start of every turn as a Passive.

Possibly with a Passive that stuns your whole team if he makes a five match.
  • So, is the only way to guarantee a 3* Strange cover by buying out the vault ? I was hoping that progression would give one.
  • Too expensive for vaults. Ill play and have fun but I'm not even trying to get a Strange cover outside of lucking into one with minimal effort. I applaud a new story event though. I'm just puzzled why you would make the grand prizes so weirdly awarded. Even if I had the hp to spend to get a cover I'd also need 1000 hp to roster him. Or 2000 if I got both star varieties. Bollocks.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    After Boss Rush I'm cautiously pumped.
    drstrange_icon.png Dr Strange please don't disappoint.

Btw
    Anyone know what this smiley is. I haven't seen this hero or villain in the game? icon_ironpatriot.png